First Time Renting Points

KeyRose

Earning My Ears
So me and my family have been to Disney World several times. We are looking to go again next year during mid October to celebrate some brithdays and attend MNSSHP. My question is: Is the animal kingdom studio Savannah view room really popular and how far out should I book the trip? I was thinking early January but I know they have a lot of room inventory. Also, is it better to go through a broker or find an individual that has DVC?

All of October is very popular. You really should rent as soon as you can, as you need both the unit available and an owner ready to book. October is high season for DVC demand.

Individual vs. broker is preference. For a first timer I often recommend a broker because the contracts and assurances are straightforward.

Also - if someone sends a private message to you based on this post, please report it to the mods. There have been some scammers operating that way on DIS.

Most owners who rent have non-refundable (and usually non-changeable) policies. Don't book until you are reasonably sure of your dates.

If you haven't already, please take a look at this thread:

REQUIRED READING BEFORE POSTING - DVC Rent/Trade policies - UPDATED - 09/01/2019

Although it's aimed at those wanting to use the DIS Rent/Trade Board, it has some very good advice for those considering renting DVC accommodations - note the links at the bottom of the first post.

If you know when you want to stay and a definite resort, you should find an owner now. The owners window for next October is already open. That said AKV SV especially if you are fine with either building shouldn’t be a problem. But anything closer to monorail or Epcot is October should be booked Stat.

So one of the dissers put together charts on DVC availability. From his data, which isn't exact, just a good starting point, it looks like as long as you book 8 months in advance you should have a good shot at getting a Savannah room in Kidani. That said though, if you know you want to go then and don't expect your dates to move, I'd book now so I didn't have to worry about availability.

So one of the dissers put together charts on DVC availability. From his data, which isn't exact, just a good starting point, it looks like as long as you book 8 months in advance you should have a good shot at getting a Savannah room in Kidani. That said though, if you know you want to go then and don't expect your dates to move, I'd book now so I didn't have to worry about availability.

Yeah - that's me. Link is in my signature.

So if you are looking studio in AKV and you (a) have a little flexibility on dates and (b) don't care about staying in Kidani vs Jambo (Jambo is the hotel side and is harder to get) I would say you should be fine with waiting until January - but I wouldn't want longer than that.

As far as the debate between going to an individual vs a broker, I have done it with an individual myself, but there's a bit of a risk there in that you are relying on those people being honest, so I would always ask for references of others that have rented from them. A broker might cost you a bit more ($2-3 per point) but your rental is IMO more secure.

Yeah - that's me. Link is in my signature.

So if you are looking studio in AKV and you (a) have a little flexibility on dates and (b) don't care about staying in Kidani vs Jambo (Jambo is the hotel side and is harder to get) I would say you should be fine with waiting until January - but I wouldn't want longer than that.

As far as the debate between going to an individual vs a broker, I have done it with an individual myself, but there's a bit of a risk there in that you are relying on those people being honest, so I would always ask for references of others that have rented from them. A broker might cost you a bit more ($2-3 per point) but your rental is IMO more secure.
Sorry @skier_pete I was a little lazy and didn't include the link! It's Friday....

Mid-October includes Columbus Day holiday which is really popular with members. If you are looking at that week, you need to see about booking much sooner rather than waiting until January. The KV studio will have a queen bed and double sleeper sofa. That's all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter