First time to Paris and DLP

Duckiedee

Every Day is Better at Disney
Hi there.

We are a Canadian family of four. Two kids Girl 12 and Boy 6. We've been to WDW 2x in October 2010 and August 2016.

We are headed to Paris this summer, we've never been, and thought - well, since we love Disney, should probably stop by!

Obviously, I'm here looking for a little information. :)

We would like to go to Paris for about 14 days. End June, early July. What is the weather like and how busy will the park be? How busy is Paris that time of year for tourism (I hear it's always crazy?)

We are thinking of staying at an AirBNB. Should we consider staying at the Disney Park for some of the time? At WDW we've always stayed immersed in the Park - we've stayed at Coronado Springs and then had a Split stay between the Cars Section of Art of Animation and AKL. I don't really feel like we need to have that immersion experience on this trip - and if we split days - I'm not sure it is needed.

We are looking at going to the Park on Jun 25, 28 and July 5 - family birthdays. The rest of the time we would be taking in the sights of Paris. Is three days enough time to give to the Park justice?

If we stay off site, what is it like getting in and out of the Park? Is there a ton of traffic? What is the best mode of transportation?

Is it similar to the US where you do not have to use the tickets on concurrent days?

What is important to remember about DLP vs WDW? It sounds like the park is much smaller, however, less busy (how much less busy), and doing better now that Disney has taken back the rights to the Park... anything else? How does FP work - is it like WDW before FP+ or is there an app? Are all the shows, etc in French?

What would be the average meal price for counter service and table service for four?

Is it like WDW where it is advantageous to get to the Park before rope drop? Are there tour plans available that work?

Can anyone recommend a great AirBNB?

I guess that's it for now!!! Thanks in advance!

DLP is a 30+ minute train trip (RER) from central Paris. Currently you can book 2 nights at any Disneyland hotel and get 2 more nights free plus tickets for 5 days using the USA site. There may be better deals on other country websites. You can book from any of them. This deal ends 5 February I think. Usually free half board comes along after this promotion I am told.

There are Extra Magic Hours every morning for DLP resort guests.

There are 6 onsite hotels

Disneyland Hotel = Similar to Deluxe
Hotel New York = Similar to Moderate
Sequoia Lodge = Similar to Moderate
Newport Bay = Similar to Moderate
Cheyenne = Similar to Budget
Santa Fe =Similar to Budget

These have access to the early opening and are walkable to the parks, 20 minutes for the budgets, 15 and 10 minutes for the moderates, 5 minutes for deluxe. They also have regular free shuttle busses.
Budget off site are the partner hotels = Hotel Kraid, Explorers, Magic Circus, Dream Castle and B and B Hotel. These hotels are located at the edge of Disney property and are not walkable. They have a regular free shuttle bus. They do not have access to the early opening.

some things you need to know about Disneyland Paris which are different to the American Parks
  1. You dont have to book using the website for your country. Disneyland Paris has different deals and offers on the different country websites. Most of us regulars would advise AGAINST booking with the American site as it is by far the most expensive
  2. The other country websites to check are http://www.disneylandparis.ie/
    http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk
    http://www.disneylandparis.fr
    http://www.disneylandparis.de
    http://www.disneylandparis.it
    http://www.disneylandparis.be
    http://www.disneylandparis.nl
  3. Disneyland Paris does not mail anything in the post. You get a confirmation email which you bring with you to checkin
  4. When you book direct with Disneyland Paris you are booking a hotel and park hopper tickets package
  5. Your park tickets are valid for both arrival day and departure day
  6. You can book direct with Disney through any of the websites. When you book through the website you will pay the full amount at the time of booking
  7. You can also book direct with Disney by phone. To call Disneyland Paris and not have to pay the international phone charges, just call the regular phone number for Walt Disney World in Florida and ask to be transferred to Disneyland Paris.
  8. When you book direct with Disney by phone you pay a 15% deposit and the balance is payable 30 or 60 days before arrivial, I cant remember which
  9. When you have booked you will get a confirmation email with your itinerary, you will need this email to check in
  10. Once you have your confirmation number you need to go to the website / country you booked with, not the country you live in. You will need to create a new MY DISNEY ACCOUNT on that website
  11. When you log in to your new My Disney Account you will see your itinerary. If you have a balance to pay you will see an online payment form.
  12. To pay your balance you can either phone again or pay online
  13. Disneyland Paris has the paper fast passes which you get at the fast pass machine located beside each ride.
  14. Disneyland Paris does not have Fastpass++ or Magicbands
  15. Disneyland Paris has far less Fast Pass attractions

Main Park
  • Big Thunder Mountain
  • Indiana Jones Rollercoaster
  • Peter Pan
  • Star Tours
  • Buzz Light Year
Studios
  • Fly Carpets
  • Ratatouille
  • RocknRoller Coaster
  • Tower of Terror
I have never done the dining plan at Disneyland Paris and advise against it. I always pay out of pocket and do 1 counter service and 1 sit down. They really push the dining plan at Disneyland Paris though so just be warned you will get the hard sell. The vouchers in Disneyland Paris are not valid in the non Disney restaurants in Disney Village such as Earl of Sandwich, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe, Vapino, Starbucks, McDonalds.

Alot of trip reports I have read, many people dont use all their vouchers or feel they HAVE to eat at certain restaurants just because they have the vouchers.#

Hi there.
We are thinking of staying at an AirBNB. Should we consider staying at the Disney Park for some of the time? At WDW we've always stayed immersed in the Park - we've stayed at Coronado Springs and then had a Split stay between the Cars Section of Art of Animation and AKL. I don't really feel like we need to have that immersion experience on this trip - and if we split days - I'm not sure it is needed.

I would advise a split stay seeing as you will be there for a decent time. Stay at Disney for Disney and stay in Paris for Paris. Disney is about 40 minutes by train from central Paris. If you just commute from central Paris to Disney for the day, then you are putting yourself at a distinct disadvantage due to the huge amount of guests who have early access. The general park opening time is 10am, and in peak times people start waiting in line from 9am. This would mean you would have to leave central Paris around 8am. Then after a long park day, you have to face a 40 minute commute on a crowded train. Any trip reports I have read, people have regretted not doing a split stay for multiple park days.

We are looking at going to the Park on Jun 25, 28 and July 5 - family birthdays. The rest of the time we would be taking in the sights of Paris. Is three days enough time to give to the Park justice? Is it similar to the US where you do not have to use the tickets on concurrent days?

As explained above, when you buy a hotel and parks tickets package direct from Disney, the days are concurrent, ie you will get park hopper tickets for your arrival day, and departure day and all days in between. You can book one of the hotels just on a per room basis and then get separate 1 day park tickets but this works out far more expensive, which is why the hotel and park ticket package is standard. So if you want 3 park days you would do a 2 night hotel hotel park package.
  1. Arrive as early as you can on June 25
  2. Check in , get your park tickets and leave you bags at luggage store
  3. Go to the park
  4. Return to the hotel after 3pm to get your room key and bring your luggage to the room
  5. Stay the night of the 25 June
  6. Full park day 26 June
  7. Stay the night of the 26 June
  8. 27 June, check out and leave your bags in the luggage store
  9. Three quarters or half day in in the park
  10. Return to your hotel to collect your bags and get the train to central Paris

If we stay off site, what is it like getting in and out of the Park? Is there a ton of traffic? What is the best mode of transportation?
There is a direct train from central Paris to Disneyland. There is a train station on Disney property.
If you stay at a partner hotel there is free shuttle bus

Are all the shows, etc in French?
Yes all the ride and attraction audios are in French, the nightime show, Illuminations which is projected onto the Castle is in English and French. All the CM's speak English BUT will greet you and start the conversation in French.

What would be the average meal price for counter service and table service for four?
This is the link to all the restaurants http://www.disneylandparis.ie/dining/ click into any resturant and at the right side there is a link to the menu with prices

Are there tour plans available that work?
No there are no online touring plan tools for Disneyland Paris

Last edited:
We are doing a split stay... 5 nights in Paris ( looking for a private car company to get us to the hotel in Paris) and 3 nights at DLP ( Newport Bay)... and using DME to go back to airport... for the 2 of us its 52.00 total ( 26.00 each)... We have a later flight and this just seemed the simplest way and I know by the end of our trip we will be tired so easy peasy... Spend some time on the DLP site... lots on info... When you book room...PH tickets are included...

I am thinking of starting a pre-trip report...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!