first time trip & DD 10th B-day

allenx6

Earning My Ears
My family of 6 and my brothers family of 4 are travelling to WDW from April 18-26, 2003. We are staying in a private home off-site so as to have some R & R along with the WDW magic. This is my families first trip to WDW. My DS will be 14 two weeks after our trip, my DD will be 12 four weeks after our trip, my youngest DD will be 6 shortly after our trip and my middle DD will turn 10 while we are at WDW. How can I make this a memorable and magic trip for all of us?

My soon to be 10 yr. old DD is excited about spending her B-day at MK. We plan on getting a birthday pin at City Hall upon our arrival. We are thinking about getting shirts that say "I'm with Taylor!" for everyone and a shirt for her that says "I'm Taylor, today's my 10th birthday!!" We hope that will get lots of attention, not just for her, but the other 5 kids in the group. Does anyone have another ideas to make this an extra special, once in a lifetime b-day for her? We may do a character meal, but are undecided at this time.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

You might want to try any of the following:
This a long shot but we don't get it if you do not ask for it. As you enter the park let one of the CM know it is her birthday. Look for one that looks like a manager. At our Easter vacation someone did just that and they ended up being grand marshal for the parade.
In tommorrowland where they have the concerts or bands let the announcer know about it so maybe they can announce that or sing to her.
Take her to hunted mansion and ask the CM in front to scare her when inside the elevator room and then say happy birthday.

If you have Parkhopper passes, you may want to hop over to Epcot in the afternoon - she can get a different birthday badge there, and usually a CM will have Goofy call her!

The CM's usually will wish her a Happy Birthday!

As far as character meals - any of them will have a little special magic for a birthday girl. My daughter turned fourteen on our trip, and she got a special birthday cupcake at CRT and a Magical Moment Certificate which all the princesses signed and a specially decorated dessert at Le Cellier. We were using the Candlelight Processional Package, so she had already ordered her dessert choice, but the pastry chef decorated her plate with melted chocolate, wishing her a Happy Birthday!

With such a large group, and probably being on a budget, you may want to consider the Garden Grill's Ice Cream Social at the Land in Epcot. It is about $7 per person for a huge ice cream sundae, and although I haven't done it for a special occasion, I'm sure they would do something special for your daughter. The character interaction was great the day we went.

Chef Mickey's at the CR is a great way to celebrate a kid's birthday too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter