First time using a Scooter @ WDW

nrsldy

Knows enough about Disney to be dangerous!
My SO has a degenerative back issue. So this visit to WDW we rented a scooter that was to be delivered to the hotel.
First issue was at Animal Kingdom lodge - Kadani-- we could not find handicap parking with a oversize truck close to the lobby. We were instructed we could park in the garage --- but the truck would not fit. Then we could park even farther away in the oversize vehicle parking area if a spot was open. Finally we were offered free valet.
Two: Bus access--- we were denied access to a bus we had been waiting for for 45min... because we were not in the right spot. The sign to the place we were to be was blocked/covered by people standing in line. We did not know we had to be in a certain spot for boarding the bus. We were told that another bus would come along to pick us up --- 30 min later. I realize we were on Disney time.
Three; admittance to rides--- we learned this visit if we are going to continue to rent a scooter that we need to do our homework on where to park and how far we have to walk to board the ride.
I am truly sympathetic to families that have to deal with this on a regular basis after this visit.

For the who fair you have to walk for rides. often the CM asks if you can walk I would be as specific as you can and say I can walk 30 steps or what every number you can this way they can best assist you.

That is a shame you had to wait that long for the bus Disney has been very good when my friend had to wait for another bus ( there were two people in ECV already waiting) they called and had another bus there before the two people in front of use could load, we left at the same time.

I'm going to guess that the original bus driver didn't see you on the scooter due to the view being blocked by people standing. If he/she had seen you, and there was an open spot for the ECV, they would have made everyone move so you could get in the proper position to board to the bus. They would not intentionally punish you for not being in the right spot.

As far as the rides go, most queues are accessible now, meaning you can take your scooter all the way through the line. There are only a few where you need to transfer to a wheelchair if you can't walk through the queue. There are no instances where you must park your scooter far away and hike it. If that were the case, I could not do Disney at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!