First time with a stroller - what kind is or isn't allowed in the parks?

All strollers are allowed. Navigating through the crowd with a large double jogging stroller will probably be less pleasant than a compact umbrella stroller, IMO. If you are flying, your airline may have size restrictions, however.

Umbrella strollers can be extremely uncomfortable to push if your tall, something to consider plus no storage for baby goods.

We don’t do a mid day break back at the hotel/resort so little kids nap in the stroller - which means comfort and sun protection are important. We used to use a peg pergo piko p3 and now have a double GT city mini. No restrictions on what kind more about you’re needs... Never had issues in crowds past going a bit slower at times but being mindful of people who cut you off is important and careful of those around who aren’t watching because it’s easy to bump people if you’re distracted too.

We tend to only leave our snacks and extra baby stuff in the stroller - park it in an area before loading up and moving elsewhere.

Careful if your airline has gate check restrictions!

I’m not sure what you are considering that makes you question whether it is allowed. As others stated, pretty much all strollers are allowed. I suppose if it was vastly oversized it might not be allowed. Also, it must be pushed (as opposed to pulled like a wagon).

Enjoy your vacation!

OP: what kind of stroller do you have? I bet it's okay, but if you want to get absolute confirmation, this might be the easiest way.

I’m not sure what you are considering that makes you question whether it is allowed. As others stated, pretty much all strollers are allowed. I suppose if it was vastly oversized it might not be allowed. Also, it must be pushed (as opposed to pulled like a wagon).

Enjoy your vacation!

When I was at Disney a few weeks ago, I saw a number of people using fold-able, soft-sided wagons as strollers. I never remember seeing those there before. Some even had a stroller rental logo on them.

The Keenz7 wagon/stroller can be pushed or pulled, and it is soft-sided and foldable, it also has seatbelt harnesses like a stroller. I don't know if that's what you saw or not. By the rules, a wagon that is pulled is not allowed. Whether people manage to get them past security... they could be asked to leave the park (or remove the wagon from the park), so I don't recommend it.

If the OP returns to let us know what stroller she has in mind, we could answer definitively.

When I was at Disney a few weeks ago, I saw a number of people using fold-able, soft-sided wagons as strollers. I never remember seeing those there before. Some even had a stroller rental logo on them.

Yes and they are becoming as detested as ECVs based on comments on these very forums.

We use a Baby Jogger double tandem. It's a boat for sure but we try to be very very courteous and not use it as a battering ram.

Our kids often nap in the parks right in the stollers. I seriously couldn't imagine going without it.

we saw lots too, but they were all being pushed. i actually think they seem like a great idea for people with toddlers.

We left our expensive stroller at home, too many stories of theft rings. People going there just to steal strollers. We brought our mccarellen umbrella stroller

All strollers are allowed. Navigating through the crowd with a large double jogging stroller will probably be less pleasant than a compact umbrella stroller, IMO. If you are flying, your airline may have size restrictions, however.

Actually, according to the Disney website listing prohibited items, you can't bring a stroller larger than 36" x 52" But that's a really big stroller!

We left our expensive stroller at home, too many stories of theft rings. People going there just to steal strollers. We brought our mccarellen umbrella stroller

Same here - left the nice one at one and brought a Zoe, which our kiddo loved and slept in. I was also happy to NOT have our nice banged around at gate check.

OP - depending on the age of your kid(s), think about storage, cup holders, etc. We bought a Zoe with cup holders and it was perfect for our then 14 month old to have snacks/water bottle handy.

This is an older list that I found.
Q. Are there any personal items I should not bring with me into the Theme Parks?

A. Items that you may not bring into the Theme Parks include, but are not limited to:

Items with wheels, such as wagons, skateboards, scooters, inline skates, shoes with built-in wheels, two-wheeled or three-wheeled conveyances, strollers larger than 36" x 52", suitcases, coolers, or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24" long x 15" wide x 18" high (coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at Guest Relations), and any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV wheelchair or stroller
Alcoholic beverages
Weapons of any kind
Folding chairs

Q.

What types of personal items are not permitted inside the theme parks?

A.

You may not bring the following types of items into the theme parks:

· You may not bring the following types of items into the theme parks:

· Wagons

· Skateboards

· Scooters

· Inline skates

· Shoes with built-in wheels

· Strollers larger than 36" x 52" (92 x 132 cm)

· Suitcases, coolers or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24" (61 cm) long x 15" (38 cm) wide x 18" (46 cm) high. Coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at Guest Relations.

· Any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV, wheelchair or stroller

· Wheeled mobility devices with less than 3 wheels and devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered or unoccupied. Training wheels or similar modifications are not permitted.

· Alcoholic beverages

· Weapons of any kind

· Folding chairs

· Glass containers (excluding baby food jars and perfume bottles)

· Pets (unless they are service animals)

· Balloons, straws and drink lids are not permitted in Disney's Animal Kingdom Park for the safety of our animals

· Tripod stands or monopod stands that cannot fit inside a standard backpack

Additional items may also not be permitted inside the theme parks. Please use your best judgment and do not bring anything that may be potentially harmful or disruptive.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/restricted-personal-items/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!