First time with our 9 month old... eep

pumpkin7

Mouseketeer
Well, technically second time. I was 16 weeks pregnant last time we went!

So this will be our 3rd trip in as many years, but our first with a baby in tow. I am beyond nervous. I kind of wish we had waited until she was a bit older but husband wanted to book, so of course I couldn't say no. But I have a few questions:

What can I expect? I know there is a child swap available for the rides my LO can't ride, but how does it work? Do we all have to wait in line or can one of us wait outside and then swap?

Are there dedicated baby areas for heating up food? She's weaning and will eat some finger foods but she's still on bottles and baby food jars. We are staying in Val D'Europe so I'm planning on going to the supermarket to get some supplies. I know they don't do her powder, but I assume they do baby food jars?

This will be our first time travelling out the country with a baby, ever! So i don't even know what constitutes as hand luggage. Can you take baby powder as hand luggage? I don't know whether it's best to take the pre made milk. Can you get that in the airport?
What about medications? We have some anbesol for her teething which i desperately need to take in the hand luggage, and calpol. I've never had to take anything before.

If anyone can offer some advice, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Ive never been with a baby that young but thought I would try and help out anyhow

With rider swap you wait outside the line - I think you go to the exit or speak to the CM at the entrance. They wont let anyone in the queue who is not going to be allowed to ride (age and height wise)

There is a baby centre in each of the 2 parks where you can have a quiet space to feed your baby, heat up bottles and food etc

You will be able to buy baby food in the supermarkets but it may not be the kind she is used to - can you take some with you - pack them in your hold luggage in a tupperware box to keep them together.
Anything which is taken on as hand luggage needs to be under the 100ml including baby items. I think you can take a made up bottle of formula but will have to taste it in front of them at security.
Im not sure about taking the powder but assume this is ok as its not liquid or gel but I wouldnt risk being able to get properly boiled water on the flight to make the bottles.
You can buy the pre made cartons at the airport but Ive heard people talk about pre ordering them from Boots to be sure of getting them - hopefully someone else will come along and tell you exactly what they did
I think all medication also needs to be under 100ml so you could take some calpol sachets rather than a bottle- not sure about the teething stuff - is it the sachets of granules?

As I say hopefully someone else will be along to give you some help and tips

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!