First Timer - confused by Dining Plan

Minkishly

Hi! I'm doing a split stay (Disney / Universal / Disney), and am considering taking the standard Dining Plan for the first portion of my stay at Disney (4 nights).

1. When does the Dining Plan begin / end?

From my understanding, since we're staying 4 nights, we'll be getting 4 TS credits, 4 QS credits, 8 snacks and 1 refillable mug per person.

We'll be arriving late on our first day though, and will likely only check in around 11+pm (our flight will arrive around 9.21pm). Can we carry our meal credits for that night forward? When will the Dining Plan credits expire?

Which leads to my next question:

2. How flexible is the distribution of credits?

Do we have to spend our credits based on 1 TS, 1 QS, 2 snacks per day? Or can we mix things up and do 3 QS on one day and 2 TS the next day?

Sorry if these are silly / obvious questions and a huge thank you to all who take the time to help me!

Your plan starts as soon as you check in. You are able to use them in any order you choose, and they are good until 11:59 p.m. the day you check out! Have a great time!!!

The credits are all pooled into one and expire at midnight of your checkout day (of first resort). But since you are arriving so late and your split stay will be with Universal, I would get out the spreadsheet and plan out what you will eat on which days and make sure your credits work out. You may need to do a signature meal or two and also use some of your QS for breakfast depending on what you come up with. It may not be worth the price (or mental commitment) of the DDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter