First Timer- Favorite Quick service and snack in the parks

Brit1720

Earning My Ears
Hi All! We are traveling next month, staying off site so no Dining plan, but we will be spending the full day in the parks. We have booked 2 Character breakfasts (Akershus and Tusker House) but have zero other plans for food on our trip. We will visit each of the parks for 1 day. Hit me with your favorite quick service and/or Snacks in each park. I would love to have a list to reference for recommended options when we are in the parks next month. For reference we will have 4 adults, and 3 children (6,6 and 3 years.

In Epcot you can't go wrong with anything in the world showcase. For the adults there's a gran marnier slushie in France.

I like the QS in Frontierland at MK but for whatever reason I ALWAYS end up at Cosmic Rays.

I honestly don't eat much at DHS...

Basically everything at AK is good, while I haven't been I've heard nothing but good things about Satuli Canteen in Pandora.

Of course it depends on what you and yours enjoy but here are my favorites:

Magic Kingdom
QS
Be Our Guest (lunch, reservation required)
Columbia Harbor House

Snack
Dole Whips

Epcot
QS
Tangierine Cafe
Katsura Grill
Sunshine Seasons

Snack
Anything from Les Halles in France

Animal Kingdom
Satu’li Canteen
Flame Tree BBQ

Disney Springs
Polite Pig
Wolfgang Puck Express

I don’t really like any of the QS at Hollywood Studios. I usually eat at the Brown Derby Lounge there.

Magic kingdom - don't love the QS options, but there are TONS of great snacks. Pineapple Dole whip floats, Mickey waffles from sleepy hollow, Cheshire cat tail, smoothies from Auntie Gravity's, etc

Epcot - EVERYTHING IS DELICIOUS. Most countries in the world showcase have quick service options, but my favorites would be Japan's Katsura Grill (which is kind of hidden behind the Japanese gardens, so it feels like an escape from the parks), and Norway's Kringla Bakeri (which has some really yummy sandwiches, in addition to amazing pastries). In future world, Sunshine Seasons is a food court, which is great if you have a group of picky eaters, but I've found the food hit or miss. For snacks, I could probably go on all day, but there's really nowhere to go wrong. I love the poutine (although I think it's listed as cheese fries) from Refreshment Port, which is near Canada. There are great pastries in France and Norway. Germany's pretzel bread and bratwurst are excellent, if you like German food. Oh, and so so many delicious caramel candies and treats at Karamell Kuche. And if you're there during any festival, there will be dozens of options for DDP snacks at all of the food booths. Always good.

Hollywood studios - For QS, I haven't tried it yet, but heard good things about the sandwiches at Woody's Lunch Box. I haven't come across any must-have snacks at HS either, but they have some great alcoholic drinks like craft beer and cocktails (not for DDP snacks, but could be included with a QS meal), if that's on your radar.

Animal Kingdom - Satuli and Flame Tree are our favorites for QS. Both have huge entrees, lots of options, great seating areas. There are also some snack options from Flame Tree BBQ that are great. In Pandora, the Night Blossom drink from Pongu Pongu is a must-have snack for us, but it's big and very sweet, so we usually split them.

If you're a Starbucks person, there is one in every park, and ALL of the drinks (plus most of the food) count as snack credits, so it's a great option if you want to get a giant, 6 espresso shots, venti fancy latte.

Just please, please, don't waste your credits on things like bottled drinks or a piece of fruit! Pay out of pocket for stuff like that, and use your snack credits like small meals and special treats.

Oh, one more tip...

You don't have to get a QS meal for every person every time! If you're the kind of people who like both lunch and breakfast, you can split one meal between 2 people for breakfast (almost always plenty of food) and split a meal between 2 people for lunch. Or get one QS meal plus a snack to split between 2 people, like a pastry to go with your sandwich.

Thank you for all of the wonderful tips! We aren't doing the dining plan, but if we are going to be spending money on food I wanted to make sure we had some good recommendations to keep an eye out for. These kiddos like to snack all day but no one in our party is a huge eater. I'm thinking we could share a few quick service options or fill in with "snacks" as needed and go with the flow. However having so many options on every corner I have a serious fear of missing out! I would rather have some recommendations in mind and know I can skip something right in front of me if there is something else I would rather have.

Of course it depends on what you and yours enjoy but here are my favorites:

Magic Kingdom
QS
Be Our Guest (lunch, reservation required)
Columbia Harbor House

Snack
Dole Whips

Epcot
QS
Tangierine Cafe
Katsura Grill
Sunshine Seasons

Snack
Anything from Les Halles in France

Animal Kingdom
Satu’li Canteen
Flame Tree BBQ

Disney Springs
Polite Pig
Wolfgang Puck Express

I don’t really like any of the QS at Hollywood Studios. I usually eat at the Brown Derby Lounge there.
I'm not a Dole Whip fella', prefer savory items....Casey's Corner for hotdogs are a guilty pleasure & Chicken'n'Waffle lunch at Sleepy Hollow is too.

We avoid sit-down meals at Hollywood Studios and grab pretzels & popcorn.

Otherwise, we stop at the same places.....with two additions - Trilo-Bites for buffalo-nacho snack & Nomad Lounge in Animal Kingdom.

I agree that Columbia Harbor House is a great option in Magic Kingdom. Pecos Bill is good too if you like Tex-Mex sort of food because they have an awesome toppings bar to customize whatever you order. Epcot has a TON of great options - Sunshine Seasons in future world (in the Land pavilion) is great and has a lot of variety on the menu. And World Showcase is amazing!! Don't miss Les Halles in the France pavilion, it's great for breakfast, lunch or a sweet treat.

For QS at AK Satu'li is great, Favorite snack has to be a tie between pineapple dole whip upside down cake or the dole whip float - can be found at MK

Pecos Bill is a good QS option at MK.
Oh and definitely visit France QS -- simply amazing!

MK
QS
Casey's
Sleepy Hollow ("give me chicken and waffle sandwiches or give me death!")
Pecos Bills
Snack
Spring Roll cart
Gaston's (cinnamon roll)

HS
Must must must go to Woody's Lunchbox IMO; the grilled cheese is phenomenal and the raspberry tart is a great snack (not to mention the grownup lemonade :))
Baseline Taphouse if you guys like beer

Epcot
Can't really go wrong in any of the counties. We do usually seek out the meatball sliders at Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar and as others have mentioned Les Halles is awesome for a quick bite or just a snack.

AK
I honestly have only eaten at Yak and Yeti sit down (which was awesome) so I don't have any recommendations other than that but have heard (like others mentioned) that flame tree bbq and saltuli are the ones to see

Epcot - festival kiosks
AK - Satuli Canteen
MK - not crazy about any QS here
HS - ditto -- haven't tried Woody's Lunchbox, but would like to see more healthy options there, as well as a shaded or indoor seating area

Greatest snack in the whole World - the pepper jack cheese stuffed pretzel at MK. It moves around some - currently I believe it’s at Tortuga Tavern (near Pirates) and Cheshire Cat (bear Mad Tea Party).

Best QS in all of WDW; Satu'li Canteen in Pandora, AK.
Best breakfast "snack"; Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square, MK.
EPCOT fav's; Sunshine Seasons in the Land Pavilion. Las Halles in France (I would think kids would enjoy this better than Tangierine), and Tangierine Cafe in Morocco.
MK Fav; Columbia Harbour House for QS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!