First Timer Questions- ECVs and parking/charging, Moving Walkway Boarding

My husband and I both use scooters. I find it better for both of us to be on scooters. It's less tiring and we can both do longer days in the parks with scooters. We use offsite scooter rentals. Pop's murphy bed does make it challenging getting two scooters in the resort room. The Murphy bed may need to be up getting the scooter inside and out of the room and situated for charging. Then, you can bring the bed down for sleeping.

With two offsite rented scooters and using Disney transportation is where it can get a little tricky. You are competing for limited available spots and you may have to separate or wait for the next transportation if you want to be together going back and forth from the parks.

At least one of you can rent a scooter at the park and then you will have it easier in and out of the resort room and your waits for transportation won't be as bad. It's move expensive to rent a park scooter and availability can be an issue if you don't go early or you take a break and try to go back to the park later.

At pop (and the All Star Resorts as well), it is very possible to fit two scooters into one room, you may need to move the table though to make it easier to get them in and out of the room.

DH and I each need one and as a PP suggested, it makes things much better because otherwise the one not on one can't readily keep up due to the mobility issues we have.

That being said, if you are going to go with two scooters, rent from a company that will refund you if one of you are uncomfortable with using the ECV and you return it after a day or two. I know Gold Mobility will work with you on this, just call and ask them, but I would hope other providers would too, check before booking. This will also be helpful if you are finding transportation is too much of an issue.

Also make sure whatever company you rent from shows you how to use it, so while it may be convenient, I wouldn't recommend using Scooter Bug and having them drop off with bell services.

Disney transportation can be tricky with two scooters, although we rarely found it an issue and they always would call for a second bus right away if there was an issue, just be prepared it can take a little longer. But since you are at POP, the skyliner will help with this, just know that you will be in separate cabins as each can only accommodate one ECV, but you will arrive within minutes of each other. And with an ECV they stop the cabins at most stations so you don't have to get on and off while they are moving. Monorails also handle ECVs quite well too, so they can be helpful as well, especially if the EPCOT line is running.

Do you tip ECV provider both at delivery and when they pick up???

I kind of wonder about that! In the past I haven't, but then last year I figured I should (and I wanted to), but the guy seemed so genuinely surprised' I'm wondering what most people do

Do you tip ECV provider both at delivery and when they pick up???

Although I own my own equipment, I would tip at both drop off and pick up if I was using a rental company - only because you may not have the same person helping you. I don't think that it would have to be a huge tip - $10 would be more than sufficient I think (unless you have more than 2 devices/items rented from that company) and if they move your device from one place to another (for example from a Disney Resort hotel to a Universal Hotel) then I would tip that transfer person as well.

Although I own my own equipment, I would tip at both drop off and pick up if I was using a rental company - only because you may not have the same person helping you. I don't think that it would have to be a huge tip - $10 would be more than sufficient I think (unless you have more than 2 devices/items rented from that company) and if they move your device from one place to another (for example from a Disney Resort hotel to a Universal Hotel) then I would tip that transfer person as well.
It depends on the rental company, for example with Gold Mobility, you usually do get the same person for both drop off and pickup. In the past I have tried to tip them and they have refused, but given current circumstances where business is way down for all rental companies, I plan to try again to do so as I know they are all hurting right now, not just Gold, but all of them.

It depends on the rental company, for example with Gold Mobility, you usually do get the same person for both drop off and pickup. In the past I have tried to tip them and they have refused, but given current circumstances where business is way down for all rental companies, I plan to try again to do so as I know they are all hurting right now, not just Gold, but all of them.

I have used them several times before and since COVID and they have always accepted my $10 tips at drop off and pick up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter