First timer questions-

tobin04

Mouseketeer
we just booked 2 days ago-I’ve never been and am totally lost! We are staying at Cabana Bay and coming next weekend (Friday and Saturday). Mostly coming for Harry Potter world. Kids are 15, 9 and 5.

What do I need to know? We are used to Disney-can we bring bottles of water in? Backpacks? Can the backpack come on rides with you like at Disney? If not what about a crossbody purse? What are my options? I just need my wallet and a bottle of water to carry around. Not looking to pack much!

We did pay for the express pass which I’m excited about.

What fantastic souvenirs should we be on the lookout for?

If your family is up for it, early entry or just early in the day is ideal for exploring the HP areas with minimal crowds. Late in the day likewise.

Check out the menus online to get an idea where you'll want to eat. City Walk is convenient for meals, in addition to the in-park options.

There are a few rides which do not allow you to bring loose articles - these rides provide free small lockers. Except for Hulk and Rip Ride Rocket, you can bring on items stored in your pockets or in a fanny pack with a three prong clasp. The free lockers are easy to use, just a minor inconvenience, so don't be overly concerned if you have a bag / bottle to stow.

There are also pay lockers for the water rides, or you can bring items on. You WILL get wet (soaked) on the Popeye barges and Dudley Dooright flume - which means these rides are great to hit before a break at the hotel, if that's your touring style.

There are so many cool shops to check out and browse souvenirs. You can have stuff sent to the front of the park to pick up on your way out.

Thank you! So are you saying a cross body type purse wouldn’t be allowed on rides but a fanny pack would? (I’m honestly not a huge ride person anyway so i won’t be riding anything crazy to begin with!)

Where are menus posted online?

Thank you! So are you saying a cross body type purse wouldn’t be allowed on rides but a fanny pack would? (I’m honestly not a huge ride person anyway so i won’t be riding anything crazy to begin with!)

It depends on the ride. You can bring a purse on some rides but not on others. Hope this helps.

You should be able to bring it on everything excluding Hulk, RRR, Forbidden Journey, Gringotts, Mummy, & Men in Black. Those are the rides with free lockers while you ride.

Awesome. I get it now. Thanks! Do people bring water in with them like you can do in Disney?

Also-how Long is the walk from cabana bay to the park?

Cbay has shuttle buses
They drop you off at the edge of city walk

Go thru security check at city walk and you will be at the parks quicker than you walking from your hotel

Awesome. I get it now. Thanks! Do people bring water in with them like you can do in Disney?

Also-how Long is the walk from cabana bay to the park?
The walk from Cabana Bay to the parks along the garden path is about 20 minutes depending on your pace. We are a group of 7 with a double stroller. It takes you to the security check point just outside of Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville which is very convenient and usually pretty quick. We have always been able to bring in snacks and all our drinks in our CBBC refillable mugs although they can only be used for water refills in the parks.

The bigger rides don't let anything on at all (they offer free lockers), you can wear a 3 prong closure fanny pack on MIB and GRingotts for sure (I've done it), so I just make sure to carry a small cross body purse that turns into a fanny pack for those rides. I was able to buy a great one with the 3 prongs (and yes, they checked) on the closure and that is now my park bag.

In all honesty, we find that my one small cross body will hold plenty, and the guys all wear shorts with velcro closed cargo pockets for disposable ponchos and ziplock bags for phone waterproofing. One son keeps water bottles in his cargo pockets for us to refill as necessary or we use special bottle holders that attach to a belt loop or can be worn cross body style.

We took food in the first time, but never did again.
My family loves the family feat at three broomsticks. Never ate so good. We brought out britta water bottles, I really been trying to cut back on the things we carry. They have a good deal on the freestyle cup, it let's you get free refills. But it's on a timer like every 15 mins or something like that

You can get free cups of iced water at any place w fountain dispensers, just like Disney. I hate lugging stuff around so water bottles and refillable mugs aren’t my thing. :)

I have a small crossbody bag that has a three prong closure (I’m wearing it in my avatar pic) so it converts to a fanny pack. I’ve been able to take it on FJ, Mummy and Gringotts. Easy! We travel light at the parks now that our kids are older. I try to go bagless but sometimes I don’t have enough pockets lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter