First Timer Trip Report 8-19-19 to 8-22-19

kimina23

Earning My Ears
Living on the E coast, and having been to Disneyworld a number of times, we finally decided to go to Disneyland. Original plan was to fly roundtrip to San Diego using rapid rewards points, but Southwest pulled out of the outgoing airport and changed the flights from nonstop to one stop, cancelled those and rebooked on United direct to Orange County, which worked out much better - gave us an extra 1/2 in the park and did not have to drive from San Diego. Easy drive from the airport to Residence Inn Anaheim Convention Center, approx. 10 min walk to park entrance. Crowds were much lower than expected, although we had Max Pass we probably did not need it. Longest wait for any ride in 4 days was Smugglers Run, which said 60 mins but only took about 25 mins. All of us liked Disneyland better than Magic Kingdom, at least compared to when were were there the crowds were much less, lines much shorter, and you could almost get an unlimited number of fast pass rides with Max Pass.

Day 1 we ate at Bengal Barbecue and Day 2 at Harbour Gallery, both very good. Only other meal was Day 3 in DCA at California Garden Grill, also very good. The Residence Inn is nice, includes breakfast, and is a fairly easy walk to the parks. Only think I would do different is that I would have waited until Anaheim to rent a car on the last day, as there is a National/Alamo rental agency essentially across the street from the hotel. Could have avoided paying $24/day plus for the rental those days. Only negative of the hotel is the outrageous $8/ load of laundry charge ($4 to wash, $4 to dry).

From Anaheim drove to Ramona, CA in San Diego County and stayed at the fantastic Riviera Oaks Resort and Racquet Club, about 45 mins from downtown San Diego. Enjoyed the zoo and Cabrillo National Monument, which I also highly recommend.

Thanks for the report! How did you like the Residence Inn Convention Center? We are possibly staying there (tentative reservation) in November. We have a one bedroom king, city view booked. Did you try the breakfast?

Thanks for the report! How did you like the Residence Inn Convention Center? We are possibly staying there (tentative reservation) in November. We have a one bedroom king, city view booked. Did you try the breakfast?
I've stayed at this hotel twice, and I really love it. Outside of the Grand and the DH it's my favorite hotel in the area. The breakfast buffet is huge!

I've stayed here once and loved it! The rooms are spacious, and the breakfast selection was much larger than many other places I've stayed at before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!