• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First timers, DC wetsuits/vests question?

Feebzmom

Earning My Ears
So bit of a multi-part question here (apologies for the newbie-ness), but regarding the vests/wetsuits? The weather is supposed to be low 80's the week we'll be there-- what do most people usually opt for? How about kids? We'll be going with our 10yo DD and twin 7 yr old boys.

We're thinking the boys are probably going to opt for the wetsuits, less sure about DD---are you able to change your mind throughout the day I assume? What do kids usually wear under the wetsuits?

Which did you find to be more comfortable? Do you generally stay in them all day?

Thanks very much in advance for any wisdom!

You can switch during the day. I've always worn it all day, but then I'm not lounging on the beach.

The vests accommodate bathroom breaks much more easily...

Regular bathing suit under wet suit is normal. Wet suits are shorty type. You can wear a t-shirt or rash guard under as well but is pure option. I'm a diver and typically wear a rash guard under my personal wet suit

We wear rash guard shirts because the chaffing with the wetsuit can be irritating. We get wet suits instead of vests because I think one of the water bodies is kept cooler, maybe the reef is cooler?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter