First Timer's Pre - Trip Report for November 2018

SueandPooh24

Earning My Ears
Hello all! Wow, we booked our first trip to Disney for November this year. I just found this board and have been lurking threads. I already have an account with Touring Plans, so I've been messing around with that to see what we can do. It's hard to pin down plans until ADR's and FP's have been finalized though. Here's what I have got so far. It has changed a million times already so I don't know if this is how it will finally go. Who will be going? DH, our two kids (12 & 9), and me.

Day 1 - Arrive to Orlando around 11:00, we haven't booked flights yet, but are working on nailing those down by the end of April, so before we make our ADR's.
Hang out at pool for the afternoon.
Dinner at 1900 Park Fare so DD (9) gets a little princess action and embarrass DS (12) :rotfl2:We are evil parents.

Day 2 - Eat breakfast in room
Rope drop MK and do Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, and Liberty Square
Eat at BOG, lunch hopefully. We will be at MK 2 days, so this may happen on second day since it's further out for ADR.
Parade
Go back to room (CR) and rest or swim in pool. Hey we've swam in February 60 degrees in other parts of Florida, so as long as it's not thundering.
Dinner QS, maybe split some meals since....
HEA party

Day 3 - Eat breakfast in room
Rope drop AK
Tusker House Lunch

Day 4 - Maybe use some snack credits for breakfast
Rope drop HS
QS meals for today

Day 5 - Character breakfast, either Ohana or Chef Mickey's
Water park day since the kids LOVE pools and waterslides!
Hoop-de-doo Review

Day 6 - MK day, Frontierland and Adventureland
Dinner at either Chef Mickey's or Ohana - I have to figure what we are going to do with these two restaurants. DD really wants to see Stitch as he is her favorite. I'm going to keep an eye on what's going on in MK. I just read a thread that there is a M&G with him right now where Stitch's Great Escape is. We will have to wait and see. Either dinner will be a great way to end our trip!

We are doing the dining plan to get most out of the character meals. DS loves Goofy, so it's cool we will see him twice. Looks like we'll see Mickey 3 times. But hey Mickey is the main character and the heart of Disney!:earboy2:

Anything you would do differently? All park days are rated 6 on TP. I could arrange it to go on lower number days, but it's all a guess and I like this plan the best.

43 views and no replies? Help a girl out, won’t you?! Full from Easter dinner, watching Lilo & Stitch on tv.

Welcome to the DISboards!

Your tentative plans look fine.

Right now, Stitch can be found at Ohana breakfast and Stitch's Great Escape. But there's lots of Stitch merchandise.

Thank you for the welcome and especially your response. I’m sure my plans will change again, but for now I’ll leave them.

Next up is ADR’s and I can happily say that’s about a month away. Yay!

Which dining plan have you chosen?
We are doing the middle tier, I think it's called the DDP? The one with 1 TS per night stay. We didn't want to be overcome with reservations though. Also, it's easier to swallow the price pre-paid and then not worry about the bill. DD is home sick today. Now we are debating Crystal Palace instead of Chef Mickey's as our last dinner.

I hope she feels better!

I think you'll still need to leave a tip.

I prefer Crystal Palace. My son prefers Chef Mickey's.

I hope she feels better!

I think you'll still need to leave a tip.

I prefer Crystal Palace. My son prefers Chef Mickey's.
Yes, of course. Ive budgeted 20% per meal, which is easy to predict with buffets. I’ll charge to room and pay with gift cards.

Thanks for your opinion. That’s a plus fir Cryral Palce for me! We will get most of the main characters through other meals. I’m thinking of the food mostly. The only thing is we are staying at CR so I’m taking that into consideration if they’ll want to eat there. I will have them look at youtube videos and see if they can decide on one over the other.

Ugh, this is so hard!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter