First Timers to UK in July before Cruise

MickeyReeds

Mouseketeer
Hello!

My DH and I will arrive in London on Sunday, July 10 before a cruise that leaves South Hampton on July 12. We will need 2 nights of lodging in London. We would like to do some sightseeing on Monday and we will also need to find a place to do a COVID antigen test on that day. We would appreciate any advice for hotels, transportation from Heathrow, sightseeing and testing!

Thanks so much!!

Diane

Hi there,

I’m not that up on hotels in London because I live there! However, when we go and stay anywhere in the UK we opt for a Premier Inn, as they are consistently clean, modern, with a decent breakfast at a reasonable rate.
Premier Inn is only available on their own website though.

You can get the underground directly from Heathrow to central London on the Piccadilly Line. It’s quick and cheap. If I were you I would look for a hotel close to one of the Piccadilly line stations, such as Leicester Square or Covent Garden.

When it comes to sightseeing I would definitely include either The view from the Shard or the Millenium wheel to get in the views of London. Depending on your mobility it is quite possible to walk between Covent Garden, Trafalgar Sq, The Mall, Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park, Piccadilly Circus, Oxford Street and Regent Street. Or you could download the Transport for London App which will tell you which buses or underground to catch from A to B.

Another nice thing to do is to catch a river boat from Tower Bridge to Greenwich. Greenwich has a nice village feel with some beautiful historical buildings.

I haven’t personally used this COVID testing place so can’t comment on how good they are, but I know a friend who used them successfully before flying to the US.

https://www.covidtestlondon.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI__H5nceZ-AIVweh3Ch23xg8jEAAYAiAAEgJC-vD_BwE

I hope this helps :)

Thank you so much for taking time to reply! Such helpful information! I really appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter