First trip home report

hawkeye

Earning My Ears
Had our first trip home to BCV (own in SSR) last week over Spring Break. Had been to WDW before but never as a DVC owner. Bought in 2005. Did BCV because DD loved the pool from last year's visit. On to the report.
1) Was a little concerned on the way down because of posts I had read about disrepair/smoking rooms/ etc. Was treated very well at front desk with a warm "Welcome Home". Gave us a 2nd floor 1 bedroom with a view of the pool. It was clean, well maintained and exceeded my expectations. My DW was thrilled - especially since buying was mainly her idea. MY DD (10) loved it. She said she could stay here forever. I told at least the next 48 years. One small note - The outside corners of the walls needed paint down near the baseboard. Being a homebuilder I notice things like that. Two hours later when bell services brought in the bags, I found out why the paint was missing. He hit every corner.
2) DME went very smooth both coming and going. No complaints except a 6:40 a.m. pickup on the day we left. (9:27 flight) But he was right on time. I hope they continue the service.
3) Pool tempatures in both pools was fine. Not too cold or warm.
4) Did not do the new Disney Dining plan. DD doesn't eat all that much. However, we were going to track it and see how it compared. Dinners were Cape May/ Le Cellier/ ESPN/ Plaza restaurant/ Rose and Crown (2). Dinners came to just under $500 but we had liquor at each meal but one. Breakfast we ate in our villa and groceries only came to $65 and that included pop and water. Used Gardengrocer. Had a little hitch in the delivery, but we worked it out. Everything was promised. Lunch was hit and miss. Sometimes we ate, sometimes we snacked. Probably $100-150. So we ate for less than $700 for 6 nights. Disney plan would have cost $684. I don't think the liquor is incl in the Disney plan so the pay as you go would be cheaper in our case. Also Le Cellier was nice but not nice enough to justify the cost.
5) Did do Everest. It was a blast although DD wasn't crazy about it. Too much "in the dark". She wanted me to add here that she did do Thunder Mountain 10 times in 2 days (7 +3).
6) I was very impressed with the accomodations. Could not go back to even the Deluxe rooms anymore. Will go to SSR next year. Had a great time as usual and can't wait to go back. Oh yeah, one more thing. I WISH WE HAD DONE IT SOONER.

Safe journeys to all.

Sounds like you had a great time -- you'll love SSR, too. That is our home as well, and although we're bisiting our 4th of the 7 Disney DVC resorts this weekend, we still love SSR. It has had the nicest furnishings to date, probably because it is the newest. Loved the pool for our young kids, 4 and 1.

Have lots of fun planning your trip next year, and WELCOME HOME! :wizard: :wizard:

I'm glad you had such a nice time!

So many of us wish we had done it sooner!

Bobbi :goodvibes

Sounds like a great trip! I don't know any DVC members who don't wish thay had joined sooner! Your dtr rode BTMRR 10 times! LOL! That's great! :thumbsup2

Corinne

Thanks for the report - glad you all had a good time.

OT: Interesting choice of screen name for someone who purports to be from Indiana. :) Did you grow up in Iowa or go to college there? (My DH is a huge Gopher fan and so I can't help but absorb some of the Big 10 rivalry info, LOL).

Best wishes -

Glad you had a wonderful journey to WDW~ SSR is so beautiful and special, wish you many joys planning vacations to there in years to come.

Our kids had the same conclusion as your DD about DVC and our answer was the same as yours! 48 more years, hope you like it alot!~

Thanks for the absolutley wonderful report, so glad you and your family had a wonderful vacation at HOME~

~DW ::MinnieMo

Great report! Cute addition by your daughter about her number of times on Thunder Mountain! LOL Tell her I said she's a little daredevil!

CarolMN
Actually I am originally from Chgo IL. Transplanted here 25 yrs ago. M*A*S*H was always one of my favorite shows - hence the Hawkeye moniker.

glad to hear you enjoyed the Beach Club Villas! we're staying there for the first time next month and can't wait! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!