"First Trip I'll Remember" A Jan 2019 Trip Report

Templemom

Mouseketeer
Welcome to my trip report!

My youngest child of 3 and only DS who just turned 5 and I are going to WDW for a short 3 night stay.

Cast of characters:
me (39)me with donald.jpg The biggest Disney fan in this family. I've been to WDW 7 times since 2007 during my honeymoon, two were solo trips.
Favorite Character: Mickey Mouse
Favorite Ride: Everest
Favorite Park: Animal Kingdom

DS (5)josh.jpg DS went to WDW once before in 2014 so he is very excited for a trip he will remember :)
DS meeting Donald in 2014josh with donald.jpg also an appearance of DH
Favorite Character: Spiderman
Favorite Ride: TBD
Favorite Park: TBD

SAH Characters:
DD(9) and DD(7)girls.jpg and DH(38)
My DH and I have been doing one-on-one time with each of our children, sometimes big things sometimes small. it has worked out for our family especially with our different needs and interests between them. It gives us time to really connect with each of them :)

Where: All Star Music
We booked the trip only 49 days before so I was so excited to get a room onsite. I have stayed at All Star Sports on my last solo trip in 2018 but this is my first time at All Star Music. I like the look of All Stars and I feel DS will love the theming.

When: Thursday January 24 - Sunday January 27

The plan:
Thursday Flight from Manchester NH 5:45 arriving in Orlando 9PM
find room and sleep if we can handle the excitement!

Friday Hollywood Studios
Must Sees: Jedi Training Academy, meet BB-8, Star Tours, Slinky Dog Dash
ADR: 50's Prime Time Diner 6:45

Saturday Animal Kingdom
Must Sees: Dinosaur! Everest, Mickey Shaped Cinnamon Roll, Safari.

Sunday Disney Springs
ADR: T-Rex 2:15
flight home 8pm

That's everything I think. we are in the final countdown. Tomorrow is 10 days!
So Excited!!!

Last edited:
Welcome to my trip report!

My youngest child of 3 and only DS who just turned 5 and I are going to WDW for a short 3 night stay.

Cast of characters:
me (39)View attachment 375389 The biggest Disney fan in this family. I've been to WDW 7 times since 2007 during my honeymoon, two were solo trips.
Favorite Character: Mickey Mouse
Favorite Ride: Everest
Favorite Park: Animal Kingdom

DS (5)View attachment 375391 DS went to WDW once before in 2014 so he is very excited for a trip he will remember :)
DS meeting Donald in 2014View attachment 375392 also an appearance of DH
Favorite Character: Spiderman
Favorite Ride: TBD
Favorite Park: TBD

SAH Characters:
DD(9) and DD(7)View attachment 375393 and DH(38)
My DH and I have been doing one-on-one time with each of our children, sometimes big things sometimes small. it has worked out for our family especially with our different needs and interests between them. It gives us time to really connect with each of them :)

Where: All Star Music
We booked the trip only 49 days before so I was so excited to get a room onsite. I have stayed at All Star Sports on my last solo trip in 2018 but this is my first time at All Star Music. I like the look of All Stars and I feel DS will love the theming.

When: Thursday January 24 - Sunday January 27

The plan:
Thursday Flight from Manchester NH 5:45 arriving in Orlando 9PM
find room and sleep if we can handle the excitement!

Friday Hollywood Studios
Must Sees: Jedi Training Academy, meet BB-8, Star Tours, Slinky Dog Dash
ADR: 50's Prime Time Diner 6:45

Saturday Animal Kingdom
Must Sees: Dinosaur! Everest, Mickey Shaped Cinnamon Roll, Safari.

Sunday Disney Springs
ADR: T-Rex 2:15
flight home 8pm

That's everything I think. we are in the final countdown. Tomorrow is 10 days!
So Excited!!!
Looks like a great time. We are taking our 2.5 year old grand daughter in 7 days :) Countdown is on :)

Pre-trip update
5 days to go!!

Started to "for real" pack today.food.jpg snacks for the room all picked out by DS :)

my clothes.jpg josh clothes.jpg you can see a theme going for DS

I've been checking the weather each day and am figuring layers are our best betweather.png
speaking of weather, here in New England we are getting a bunch of snow tonight and tomorrow:cold:

Since its such a short trip I'm trying for just carryon luggage.
Pins DS picked out to tradepins.jpg

Our magic bandsmagic bands.jpg
I was so excited that we got magic bands for this trip as I booked room only and figured to get the magic bands I needed a package. I found out in time to customize them so DS could have his most favorite color, blue.
He loves it already and has even used it as the championship belt for his wrestlersmagic band 3.jpg magic band 2.jpg

We are so excited and can't wait for Thursday!

Thanks for joining in!
I am really enjoying your trip report also. Your girls are adorable :) I'll stop being a lurker over there and comment soon :)

Thank you! I’m just glad to know someone is reading it

So exciting that you are so close! It’s always fun to have the clothes picked out and start packing!

Travel day! Thursday Jan 24
I worked till 3:45. It was a very foggy rainy day so I checked our flight and it was delayed about 30 minutes.
1548364109700.jpg us on the shuttle to the airport
once we got thru security our 5:45 flight was at 7:05
1548365172598.jpg DS got a sticker as we were held up at security because of... Oreos. :)
1548370222976.jpg Playing with Sonic and Spiderman
1548370938818.jpg Its hard to wait when you are a 5 year old on your first trip you will remember
1548374031284.jpg Literally climbing the walls :)
We got some Burger King and called home to check in and tried to keep ourselves happy with the waiting. while waiting we got our room is ready text and it was building 5 in the country music section. DS was so excited to be in building 5 because that is how old he is!
1548373975130.jpg plane has arrived!
1548374969376.jpg We boarded and were off!
DS kept asking if we were in the air yet and I said trust me you will know when we are taking off, we are going to go really fast. :)
1548376010468.jpg
The flight was hard, it was late and DS has eczema and the dryness of the plane with the late hour had him extra cranky and itchy and moody. I tried to help him fall asleep and succeeded about 20 minutes before final descent. We waited for the plane to empty before I tried waking him up enough to get him to the stroller we gate checked. we got off the plane and no stroller. ….
a flight attendant went down to look for it and it wasn't there. they never put it on the plane in Manchester. So the flight attendant went and got me a wheel chair for him and we headed down to magical express. the bus was already there and we were the second to last people to board. we were the second stop and I got turned around a bit trying to find building number 5 but we got there :)
1548394201580.jpg it was midnight by that time so we got right into bed and watched some tv before falling asleep.

it was the craziest travel day I have ever had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter