First trip to the Fort!

carengalletta

Earning My Ears
Hi all!! First of all... thank you so much for all of the information and tips that everyone has posted!!

I haven’t seen this question asked, but I may have missed it. We will be at the Fort from 9/28–10/6. It’s our first time not staying at a Disney hotel and we are beyond excited!! We will be staying the first 2 nights in a cabin and then tent camping for the remaining nights. It will be my husband, 3 kids (10, 8, and 6), and myself and we will be renting a golf cart for the entire stay.

Question: If we are placed in loop 2000 for the tent camping portion of our stay, would we be able to take the golf cart to the Settlement/Marina area? I have seen the map posted here and I have also searched online and it looks like there are larger roads that the buses run on and smaller “trails” that I assume are for walking/biking/golf carts. Is that correct? If we are placed in 2000, would we drive the golf cart on the “bus road” to get to the Marina?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give!!

You can drive your cart on almost any road in the Fort. I say almost because there is a road, if you are in the 2000 loop, I believe you can drive to the group camping area, after that you would have to turn around and back the other direction, only Official Disney vehicles are allowed past the group camp area, but other than that drive around and have fun.

Welcome!
you can drive your cart to the Marina area as there is an area specifically for parking carts and bikes. The main road past the group tent camping area has signs that say for authorized vehicles only (it is part of the route the Purple bus takes)...all other main roads are open for carts.
hope you have a great time!

thanks Ed...
my typing skills that were once fairly good are now toast....I blame texting...:)

Would we be able to take the golf cart to the Settlement/Marina area?
Caren (wild guess?),

:welcome: and nice first ever post!

Sometimes pictures a worth... you get it.

I took a pic from Google Maps. There are several cart parking areas by the Settlement. I circled them in red. One is right by the marina, one infront of TE and one over by the bus stop (yellow). The lines in orange highlight most of the cart paths. Most of the paths are also/ can be used as walking paths. They have posts and chains in the asphalt to keep the carts out of areas that are meant for people (from bus stop to TE, too far behind Crockett's Tavern and onto the boat dock). Like others have said, the internal roads that cars and buses are open to carts too.

Settlement.png

j

Welcome!
When you get to the Settlement area there is a cart path and a walking path. Enjoy your Fort stay and looping in your golf cart.

Yea, carts have really taken over the Fort....
Its pretty fun.

The only thing I didnt see mentioned is the Meadow pool, I think you have to access cart parking from Big Pine Trail, i don’t think you can go past the Meadow Trading Post anymore on a cart, just walking and bikes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter