A SPRINKLE OF PIXIE DUST
Magic Kingdom Day One, Part 2

After the fireworks, we enjoyed the serenity of our little plaza, there was so much room to stroll and just wait for the crowds to disperse without any discomfort, shoving or lines. We didn't stay too long though, as we wanted to have a ride on Space Mountain and maybe two last trips around Splash.

The dessert party location was a prefect spot to speedwalk to Space Mountain. As we arrived, the ride was a walk on, but by the time we exited, the line had to be a solid hour long.

tumblr_p33ggyvb2w1x3t7fmo1_1280.jpg

Luckily for us, Splash Mountain was near empty for the rest of the night. The park hours were extended to 9pm, so after the fireworks we only had a half hour. We did space mountain and Splash twice (almost empty logs both times).

tumblr_p33giv3dfB1x3t7fmo1_540.jpg

The walk down Main Street wasn't too sad, as in a few days I had an additional full Magic Kingdom day planned!

tumblr_p33golso8C1x3t7fmo1_1280.jpg

We made it to the hotel, grabbed our luggage from the luggage room, and enjoyed the cool Florida evening as we explored the trail to Rachos 7A under the stars.

The room was renovated, hurrah! I so very pleased with how nice, how modern it was. My only complaint is the harsh lighting. I prefer warmer temperatures in bulbs. We choose this resort specifically for the style of the room. It was great. We opted out of Mousekeeping... and was sprinkled with our first pixie dust experience. Because we had a wrong room, and changed it back to Ranchos, we got TWO Mousekeeping Discounts!! One for each room! I immediately transferred them to my other big gift card balance before they could catch their mistake.

Off to bed, sleepy and ready for the next four days!

Yay! Your first day sounds amazing! (minus the traffic issues) Marathon weekend messes with a lot of thing.

I'm glad you all enjoyed the dessert party. I'm doing the same in May, so it's nice to see someone else's experiences. Smart idea to stay in the viewing area afterwards for the crowds to disperse!

I love the quietness of the park after the nighttime shows. Glad you were also able to enjoy it and get in some extra rides!

That's some great Pixie Dust!!

Enjoying your TR! Minus the transportation problems, your first day seemed great! Looking forward to following along.

I love the quietness of the park after the nighttime shows. Glad you were also able to enjoy it and get in some extra rides!

That's some great Pixie Dust!!

I wish the Magic Kingdom were open till 2am, that would just make my world. The quiet really makes the parks so much more intimate.

Oh really!? Just like me! What is bringing you to Disney World this year, any story as to why now is the time to visit?

My husband and I wanted to wait until our daughters were a little older before taking them to Disney. They're 6 and 8 years old, we thought about going two years ago, but our schedules didn't allow for a long enough trip. Our trip is February 12-23, and right now we're all so excited! :) Unfortunately, I recently fractured my leg in several places, but that won't stop us from going. As long as our daughters have a wonderful and memorable time at Disney is what means the most! I enjoy reading your posts, and looking at the amazing photo's you've shared!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts