First Visit - Snack & Food Recommendations Please!

ChelsieM

Earning My Ears
I am a total Disney foodie and know the US parks very well but I need help with my first visit to Disneyland Paris!

It will only be a day trip, visiting both parks but we have a

What are the best snacks?
What are the best counter services? What should we eat?

I don't have any table service restaurants planned since we are only there for one day.

Thank you in advance!

There aren't really any special Disney snacks in DLP. There are snacks for particular seasons that can be really good, so we'd need to know when you're going for that.

For counter service we like the mexican one across from BTM. We also really like Lucky Nugget. It's listed as table service, but it's a strange in between. You order at a counter (similar food as for counter services), you get seated, show your receipt to you waiter and they bring you your main course and drink, after you finish, they bring your desert. But it is like quick service
Thank you! We are heading there in 2 weeks. It seems like there are some Marvel snacks.

I think the only snacks that are permanent and not available at other parks are the crepes. More a lunch than a snack are the croque monsieurs you can get at the market place.

One thing about the marvel snacks, the black ice cream does funny things to your number #2s... Just so you are not alarmed ;) the flavour of the ice cream wasn't really my thing, nice to try once, but not for every time.

Last edited:
Last time we were there they had these huge Mickey shaped marshmallows covered in chocolate.

Couldn’t find it anywhere else, and we love it.

Dunno if they still have it (gonna find out in a few days:)). I really hope they do!

I think the only snacks that are permanent and not available at other parks are the crepes. More a lunch than a snack are the croque monsieurs you can get at the market place.

One thing about the marvel snacks, the black ice cream does funny things to your number #2s... Just so you are not alarmed ;) the flavour of the ice cream wasn't really my thing, nice to try once, but not for every time.
Awesome, thank you! And noted about the ice cream haha :)

Last time we were there they had these huge Mickey shaped marshmallows covered in chocolate.

Couldn’t find it anywhere else, and we love it.

Dunno if they still have it (gonna find out in a few days:)). I really hope they do!
I hope they do, thank you!

We were generally disappointed with the food in the parks. But we did enjoy the fish and chips at Toad Hall - and the theming was fantastic. I love Mr Toad!

We were generally disappointed with the food in the parks. But we did enjoy the fish and chips at Toad Hall - and the theming was fantastic. I love Mr Toad!

I fully agree with you on that! I love Toad Hall, except for the slow service.
I think in comparison to WDW, DL but also Disneyland Tokyo, Disneyland Paris is disappointing in food for most people. If food is important to you, don't set your hopes too high. It's your average theme park food at most in park restaurants. I think the hotel and village restaurants do a better job.

The kiosks in DTD have some cute treats. In DL they candy store and interesting cotton candy, also where you can get the fresh marshmallows. Oddly the fries in a food truck by tower of terror was really good.

let me guess-"Emerald City"? had the same problem with black nachos at Epcot!

Our favourite counter service places have been Colonel Haithi's Pizza Outpost. Hakuna Matata is good but not as exciting as everyone makes it out to me imo. We also like Annettes Diner in the Village.

Was just thinking, the Croque Monsieur at the Market Place, would that count as a special snack?

We were just at DLP and we’re not impressed by the food. True we only did CS in the parks, but it was basic. Nothing to write home about. The best we found was the Mexican restaurant across from BTM. Their fajitas were decent quality. Although asking to order additional tortillas was a solid ‘no’.

Popcorn was just salt, no butter. As someone who loves popcorn I was disappointed.

I was not impressed with the food at DLP (with the exception of Chez Remy - worth every penny!). I agree the mexican restaurant was about the best counter service meal I had. I actually got a sandwich at Market House Deli that was inedible (actually took it back as the meat tasted spoiled and the bread was stale). All the candies and pastry items I had were good.

Also, keep in mind that you should have options picked out. I had a list and half of those restaurants were closed - I had a hard time finding out what was actually open day to day and note that what is open is subject to close during park hours.

For the foodies being there during the Lion King & Jungle Festival, there seem to be a lot of snacks around.
What I see on Social Media:
- Milkshake Simba (Vanilla & Praline)
- Milkshake Pumbaa (Nutella & Banana)
- Paw print chocolate cookies
- Chocolate lollipaws
- Savannah banana bread
- Safari Macaron (lemon or chocolate)
- Mango Whip

Also a special Djembe Popcorn Bucket.. We are starting to look more and more like the other parks with specials during seasons ;-)

Wanna try the milkshakes and maybe the banana bread, and the mango whip (I'm not a fan of pineapple, and I love mango, so yay!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!