First Visit to DLP - Need help Please

jiminy14

DIS Veteran
My DH has a business trip scheduled to London and Orleans, France, from the middle of October to the beginning of November. I have persuaded him to take three days and visit DLP probably around October 25-28. I am completely lost as to how to get from London to Orleans and then onto DLP. Can we take a train from London to Paris and then to Orleans? And then can we take a train from Orleans to DLP or do we have to return to Paris? Really can't afford to fly so a train or ferry will have to suffice. I would even consider renting a car if this is the best method.
I could also use some help with hotels. I have visited the DLP website and found it to be extremely slow. Any suggestions as to where to stay? I would prefer one of the Disney hotels (moderate if possible).
Also, what kind of weather can we expect in late October? I don't mind the cold as long as I know I have packed accordingly. What about crowds and will three days be enough?
I would greatly appreciate any tips or information you can give me. Thanks in advance!

Hi, not sure if I can answer your questions on travel arrangements. Eurostar operates from London to Paris/DLP and I would have thought the TGV (high speed train) operates from Paris to Orleans. Try these websites as they might be of help http://www.eurostar.com/dynamic/_Sv...SvBoExpressBookingTerm&_LANG=UK&_AGENCY=ESTAR
http://www.voyages-sncf.com/dynamic/_SvHomePage?_DLG=SvHomePage&_CMD=cmdHomepageUK&WB=HP

Weather can be variable in October so you might have to pack some warm clothes.
You are going at a great time as you will get the halloween celebrations as well as mid week which might mean less crowds.

Reid

Out of the six hotels -

The Cheyenne is usually considered a more fun budget option than the Santa Fe.

Between the two moderates, people seem to slightly prefer the Sequoia Lodge to the Newport Bay.

With the deluxes, the Disneyland Hotel has THE location, but the Hotel New York is much better value.

This is quite a good site for the hotel descriptions, and DLP.info is very good for all information.

BUMP...Any other information or suggestions? Greatly appreciate the ones I have already received!

I am completely lost as to how to get from London to Orleans and then onto DLP. Can we take a train from London to Paris and then to Orleans?

I think that would be fairly easy to do. Eurostar from London to Paris, then a standard train to Orleans. Here's a map of the French rail system, and here's the SNCF website for the journey from Paris to Orleans. And thanks to another thread, here is a link for Eurostar.

And then can we take a train from Orleans to DLP or do we have to return to Paris?

I fairly certain you would have to return to Paris and transfer through the city from incoming to outgoing stations.

Hope this helps a bit - but I'm sure someone like MorganB could be much more helpful!

Sorry Reid - I've just realised I've copied most of the links you suggested! :blush:

Please ignore the previous thread jiminy14 - I'm not with the meeting at all!! :rotfl:

Be prepared for rain & hopefully fingers crossed it won't happen!

The only time we've been in October it rained everyday. Can you choose the days you visit? If so avoid British school holidays which will make the park much busier. Ours is the last week in October

Unfortunately my dates are pretty much set in stone. My DH has to be in Orleans on October 24 & 25, so we thought we would leave from there and spend the 25th-28th at DLP before returning to Paris and then to London.
I have been to WDW at Christmas so I am hoping the crowds won't be as bad as that. As for the rain, I spent August of 2004 in WDW as Hurricane Charley hit so nothing can compare to that! I'll just pack ponchos and umbrellas.
Thanks for the heads up on the school holidays. I was not aware that we would run into that while at DLP.

jiminy14 said:
I have been to WDW at Christmas so I am hoping the crowds won't be as bad as that.

I've only been to DLRP once, but from what I've read, it's highly unlikely that October at DLRP will be as crowded as WDW Christmas week, even with the UK schools on holiday. My hunch is that you'll do fine if you get to the park at opening time (or better yet, stay on Disney property so you can get the Good Morning Fantasyland breakfast in the park an hour before opening), make good use of FastPass, hit rides in the AM and shows in the afternoon when ride lines are long, etc. Basically, the same standard WDW planning strategies seem to apply at DLRP.

As to your question about hotels . . . I'll second Bexx's comment about Hotel Cheyenne as a fun, less-expensive option (though with the US/Euro exchange rate, it was quite pricey for us!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter