First world rants

I will share mine. I have been cleaning since 6:30 am. I'm doing that stupid nit-picky cleaning that no one appreciates but I want my house to look nice for Thanksgiving. So I'm scrubbing the grout in my tile floor with a denture brush, and scrubbing the little crevices in the kitchen cabinet doors and the trim with a toothbrush, cleaning behind the appliances, that kind of stuff. So I'm all gross and dirty and tired and I don't feel like cooking, but I remember that someone gave me a coupon for Grubhub for $12 off of $15 so I thought I would use it to order something for me and the kids. So I download the app and set it up only to find out that I'm so freaking far in the boonies that there is only one resaurant that will deliver to me, it's a pizza place and I made pizza last night so that's out. Ugh.

I will share mine. I have been cleaning since 6:30 am. I'm doing that stupid nit-picky cleaning that no one appreciates but I want my house to look nice for Thanksgiving. So I'm scrubbing the grout in my tile floor with a denture brush, and scrubbing the little crevices in the kitchen cabinet doors and the trim with a toothbrush, cleaning behind the appliances, that kind of stuff. So I'm all gross and dirty and tired and I don't feel like cooking, but I remember that someone gave me a coupon for Grubhub for $12 off of $15 so I thought I would use it to order something for me and the kids. So I download the app and set it up only to find out that I'm so freaking far in the boonies that there is only one resaurant that will deliver to me, it's a pizza place and I made pizza last night so that's out. Ugh.
So you have passed that awful part of ‘Spring cleaning’ where it appears that you have created more mess than you started with? 😉

Same here with the Grubhub and boonies. Try Postmates but probably the same. We only have 2 chain pizza places that deliver. Not even Chinese. I feel your pain.

You guys have pizza delivery?
I wish!

My rant is that for past few weeks I've been looking for salad plates, thanksgiving themed. Pier 1, Marshall & home goods, Boscovs, Pennys, Michaels, Target, Wal-Mart, Kohls. Even the dollar stores....Never could find find any, should have started looking in August. Nothing but Christmas.

Same here with the Grubhub and boonies. Try Postmates but probably the same. We only have 2 chain pizza places that deliver. Not even Chinese. I feel your pain.
I'm about 30 minutes from a bunch of places, but apparently the delivery drivers won't drive that far? I guess it's only frustrating me because I don't want to drive that far either, so I guess I can't blame them :)

I wish!

My rant is that for past few weeks I've been looking for salad plates, thanksgiving themed. Pier 1, Marshall & home goods, Boscovs, Pennys, Michaels, Target, Wal-Mart, Kohls. Even the dollar stores....Never could find find any, should have started looking in August. Nothing but Christmas.
My Target has some with pumpkins on them on one of the clearance endcaps. They are melamine, but they actually look pretty nice. They had stacks of bowls, salad bowls, plates, etc., all with this harvest theme. We don't do fancy Thanksgiving so I almost bought them.

Count yourself lucky you can get pizza delivered. ;) No one will deliver where we live.

I wish!

https://www.amazon.com/Harvest-Dess...ng+themed+salad+plates&qid=1574019974&sr=8-99
These are dessert plates, but could probably be passed off as salad plates. :)

https://www.amazon.com/Pfaltzgraff-...anksgiving+salad+plates&qid=1574020097&sr=8-3Or these.

Count yourself lucky you can get pizza delivered. ;) No one will deliver where we live.
Everyone delivers here. Never had delivery though as the main pizza places I use are less than a mile from my house and I can be eating sooner if I pick it up. I'm probably Uber Eats, Grub Hub etc's worst nightmare.

I wish!

Check Bed Bath and Beyond. I just got their current flyer and they have a whole collection of very nice looking ceramic white and harvest-patterned tableware (platters, side plates, bowls, a lovely tureen) on sale in time for Thanksgiving. The "rant" part for me is that it's now 6 weeks past Canadian Thanksgiving. It's common for American chains here to do things like that. :mad: I also find our retailers trying to adopt "Black Friday" to be particularly irksome since our traditional, big blow out shopping event is Boxing Day.

I wish!

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/sho...alad-dessert-plates/?cm_type=lnav&isx=0.0.278
Not sure if they are still available- but, they are nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter