First world rants

Who even is she?? Where did they find her? Duff Goldman is the only judge on that panel I've ever heard of before and the only one that seems to actually be there to judge the baking. I was also surprised to see that Jason Smith, the ridiculously flamboyant occasional guest judge was once a contestant! I was watching archived episodes from past seasons and there he was. He was sure different then though - just a humble school cafeteria cook from Alabama. :rolleyes1
She’s a nobody who has a farm in the middle of nowhere. She’s mean and has no credible baking experience to back up her comments.

I hate, loathe and detest the tipping etiquette in the US! I know "when in Rome" and I do but coming from a culture where it's appreciated and not expected it's uncomfortable if you don't or can't work it out or didn't realise that you should!
Such a 1st world problem!

I recently went to Phoenix and bought some Cacus Candy lollipops at the airport . I didn’t try them until I got home and really loved them.
I checked their website and it costs $118 to ship 10 lollipops to Canada😮

LOL She ran her own catering business for many, many years.
I grew up on a farm and have done quite a bit of (non-professional) event planning and catering myself. My personality isn't much more obnoxious than hers. How does one work that into a gig on the Food Network? Who do I call to sign up? :laughing:

I would be the weird one who doesn't care about the appliances, but NEEDS the kitchen cabinets to go all the way to the ceiling.
I laughed out loud and totally agree. Remodeled the kitchen several years ago and it was simply expected the new cabinets would reach the ceiling. I'm 5'3". I can't even REACH the top shelf of any cabinet and never put anything in them. When I did put glass bowls/serving dishes up there, I almost killed myself on a step stool so now empty.
Kitchen looks pretty but still dumb.

I grew up on a farm and have done quite a bit of (non-professional) event planning and catering myself. My personality isn't much more obnoxious than hers. How does one work that into a gig on the Food Network? Who do I call to sign up? :laughing:
The Food Network loves them some matronly Kountry Kookin personalities. They've had only limited success since the demise of Paula Dean imo.

The only judge I've ever really liked was Florian Bellanger from cupcake wars.

The only judge I've ever really liked was Florian Bellanger from cupcake wars.

I liked Florian too, I used to watch his show.

I like to watch The Kitchen, bit Katie Lee always sounds like she has kicked back a few to me.

Bring back Emeril! He actually has a shoe line for those who work in the restaurant industry.

It's the season again for soups and stews. We even saw some snow here today :)

The other night my DH & DS wanted dinner and there was no meat in the house. So I whipped up a 15 minute pot of Scratchatell (pastina spinach eggdrop soup) for the first time in a decade because back then my son became too old to eat "baby food' pastina.
Boiled some water, threw a bag of spinach in the microwave, scrambled some eggs. Added a couple spoons of chicken Better than Bouillon and pastina to the water to cook for 5 minutes, then put in the spinach and drizzled in the eggs. Less than 15 minutes, soup's served.
My son continued eating over the evening till it was gone. Winner!

Today I wanted to really show them love by spending 2 hours making a huge pot of homemade chicken soup. They ate it but didn't even finish what was left in the first bowl.

15 minute soup 😍
2 hour soup 💩

Truth be told, I don't really think she's that bad - there are lots that bug me more. I do find it curious though why so many people nobody has ever heard of end up judging these shows. I still watch Chopped quite regularly and really appreciate that it's actually about the cooking with and the judges are actual chefs that give reasonable, informative feedback. If they ever go to celebrity judges, I'm out.

In the end it will take twice as long, cost 3 times the budget, and inevitably create some new traffic problem that will take another huge budget and years to resolve.
Welcome to the US.
:rotfl2:Oh so probably true.

Normally for construction they aren't that far behind but a fair point. A major cloverleaf interchange construction (bridge work) in my direct area was supposed to be done mid-November and it's been closed/messy since August...it's still not fully open so yeah..Maybe because this new project is a joint state and city vs just state or just city there's more incentive lol but then again maybe not haha.

If they make it where you can turn left on red after a stop and won't be able to make a right turn on red (like you normally can) which is how another diverging diamond is I'm anticipating issues there with drivers not realizing you can do that. One of the main issues now is how long it takes to get through the lights and improvement on that front won't work as well if drivers don't pay attention to signage. And you have people like my mom (and even me at first) who look at a diverging diamond and see a foreign language so learning curve still.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter