First world rants

Nope. UPS is worse. Last week, a package that they claimed was delivered Wednesday showed up Saturday, open and with an item missing. This week, an order from Target was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but weather delays changed it to today.

Nope. Still the weather excuse. My two day delivery will now take six days. To travel about 80 miles. They could have walked it here faster.

I recently went to Phoenix and bought some Cacus Candy lollipops at the airport . I didn’t try them until I got home and really loved them.
I checked their website and it costs $118 to ship 10 lollipops to Canada😮

Decided to open this thread for laughs but... I'm in Calgary and flying into Phoenix on Jan 20 and home from there on Feb 4. I'm willing to take a look if you want!

Last edited:
Nope. UPS is worse. Last week, a package that they claimed was delivered Wednesday showed up Saturday, open and with an item missing. This week, an order from Target was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but weather delays changed it to today.

Nope. Still the weather excuse. My two day delivery will now take six days. To travel about 80 miles. They could have walked it here faster.
We've had the same problem with Fedex. We had a weather delay of two days, after the package had already made it to Florida. :laughing: I laugh, because we're several days from Christmas. I wouldn't think it was so funny, if it was the 20th or later. That said, USPS is the worst on a consistent basis. One of our drivers it great. The other is extremely lazy. She constantly messes up our mail & deliveries.

Today on target.com you can purchase a target gift card for 10% off using your red card. There are 848393 posts on fb asking if you can buy a Disney gift card at 10% off, no and also can you use the target gc to buy a Disney gc, also no.

Odd. There are a bunch of posts on one of the DisneyLand forums here advising that maybe possibly once in a great while there might maybe be the most miniscule chance that there could maybe be a glitch in the programming allowing on3 person to use Target gift card to bag a Disney card, so everybody should try it.

I hate, loathe and detest the tipping etiquette in the US! I know "when in Rome" and I do but coming from a culture where it's appreciated and not expected it's uncomfortable if you don't or can't work it out or didn't realise that you should!
Such a 1st world problem!
I'm born and raised in the US and I hate tipping as well! It gives me such anxiety; I'm always worried I won't tip enough, or I'll commit some other tipping faux pas.

I am currently on hold with Fed Ex trying to get them to pick up a package that was delivered to me by mistake. I don't even understand how I ended up with someone else's package, isn't their logistics all automated? But this package showed up on Friday, it is addressed to my house number, but on a different street. The hold recording is annoying! Musak plays for exactly 10 seconds, then is interrupted by a recording that keeps repeating the same thing.

Odd. There are a bunch of posts on one of the DisneyLand forums here advising that maybe possibly once in a great while there might maybe be the most miniscule chance that there could maybe be a glitch in the programming allowing on3 person to use Target gift card to bag a Disney card, so everybody should try it.
They're wrong.

Claus! Santa Claus! Claus Claus Claus!!! This iconic Chtpristmas symbol is not a phrase in a sentence, not part of a contract!!

All I've seen recently is Santa Clause. And not when people are writing about the movie! It's Santa CLAUS!!!

Thank you for listening. I'm fine now.

eta: I wrote this before seeing the current episode of Holiday Baking Championship...where two of the remaining four teams spelled it clause!

Last edited:
Claus! Santa Claus! Claus Claus Claus!!! This iconic Chtpristmas symbol is not a phrase in a sentence, not part of a contract!!

All I've seen recently is Santa Clause. And not when people are writing about the movie! It's Santa CLAUS!!!

eta: I wrote this before seeing the current episode of Holiday Baking Championship...where two of the remaining four teams spelled it clause!
Not being American I much prefer hearing him called Father Christmas anyway!

ford family

Minor rant: I often come to work early when it is still dark. In the parking lot, there is often some idiot who insists on keeping his or her lights on while parked and getting their stuff together. Not just regular lights, but high beams, fog lights, halogen pieces of the sun, you name it! I don't want to park anywhere near their pervasive beams, and I have to walk across the parking lot with my eyes closed or shielded, so I don't have my rods blasted and then can't see at all. I understand that a lot of people now just leave their lights in auto, so probably have no clue how to even turn them off, but still. Minor rant over. Enjoying coffee.

Last edited:
I bought a TV at Best Buy the week before Thanksgiving. That weekend it went on sale for $200 off. I asked if Best Buy can just give me a price adjustment. They said no, their policy requires me to return the TV and buy it again at the sale price. So now we will make 2 trips (want to be sure the new one has no problems) and then BestBuy will have to resell the first TV as an open box item, discounted off the new sale price and not off of what we paid originally. How stupid is that!

I bought a TV at Best Buy the week before Thanksgiving. That weekend it went on sale for $200 off. I asked if Best Buy can just give me a price adjustment. They said no, their policy requires me to return the TV and buy it again at the sale price. So now we will make 2 trips (want to be sure the new one has no problems) and then BestBuy will have to resell the first TV as an open box item, discounted off the new sale price and not off of what we paid originally. How stupid is that!

Don't get me started on Best Buy! I've had the week from hell dealing with them after they randomly canceled the cell phone order I placed on black Friday. The cancellation email said to go to a store, they can help you. So I went to the store and they couldn't do anything except sell me the phone at the current price ($30+/month instead of $18.74/month) or notify me of future discounts. HAHAHA, no. I spent 1.5 hours on hold with them on Friday to see if phone customer service could help. They were better and offered an equivalent solution, at least, but I was on the phone for 2 hours by the end. So now I have to buy the phone at the current price, but they'll send me a check for the difference in total cost. So I went to the store Friday night to buy the phone and they're completely out of stock and not able to order Verizon phones through their system. I'm hesitant to order online in case it has the same error again.

My Target order was shipped Thursday, took six hours to get to my local center, say there for 79 hours, and is being delivered to by UPS. Or tomorrow by USPS.

Or it shipped Thursday, arrived at the facility Friday, couldn't be delivered Friday or Saturday due to weather (it was cold and sunny Saturday, with all roads snowless).
I
Or it went from Plainville MA to Fall River MA to Warwick RI to Fall River MA to Warwick RI to Lynnfield MA - the latter starting at 12:44 this morning.

Or it's in Lynnfield waiting to be delivered sometime between now and 12/13, a week later than promised.

Bit the best line from today's conversation? "Oh, tracking information shows where it's expected to be [at the specified time]."

Nope. Give me USPS any day. Oh, yeah. It's 6 .7 miles from the UPS lot to my apartment.

I was watching Holiday Wars last night and two teams spelled Claus as Clause and both were called out for it. I suppose I can understand some confusion as there are multiple movies and whatnot using the play on words and spelling it Clause but on the flip side it's not hard to spell it correctly when referring to Santa Claus..bonus you can just shorten it to Santa and everyone will know who you are referring to :)

Rant for today is my husband and I are playing phone/FB messenger tag trying to coordinate both a beach vacation AND Christmas gifts for everyone. He's in another state, won't be back til the 21st at this point (so Christmas gifts need to be bought beforehand) and is working like crazy (one day he worked from 6am-ish to 11:30pm then got up and went to work again around 6am-ish the next morning).

Last night the project took them out to the Rams game and between the time change, the hours he worked and when he got back to his apartment it was around 11:30pm my time (9:30pm his time) when I was just about to go to sleep. Maybe tonight we'll get to talk and look over things :upsidedow

Whenever I think of beach vacation and Christmas, I think of Home Alone 2.
:rotfl:

I'll tell you what some resorts have fantastic deals for going during Christmas. We weren't ever going to do that (especially as my husband has to fly back to LA on the 28th and flies back home on the 31st) so I have no idea if the airfare is sky high or reasonable though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!