Fiskars shape cutter and templates

cryssi

<font color=blue>Kabocha<br><font color=green>Look
Has anyone used these?

If so, how are they? I am looking to get something like this. Please let me know!

Thanks!

I have and use it mostly on circles and ovals. It doesn't work very well on sharp angles like squares.

Thanks! How about the edges (scallop, etc) to make rectangles and squares?

I want to cut out photos and arrange them in those floating frames...

thanks again!

I could never get those things to cut right for me. It's sitting here collecting dust. You can have it if you want!

I have the fiskars shape cutter and I Love it! I have a lot of templates, and I use the diamonds, stars and hearts, and assorted shapes the most. Next in usage for me is an alphabet set, banners and windows. And I really like the borders on the edges of the templates. I don't have any problems with corners, you do have to practice to get the hand of it and I think the key is to go slowly and to keep the cutter level on the templates. Sometimes to do this, especially with the borders I put another template close so that the other side of the cutter is resting on the same level while cutting. I also like cutting free form shapes without any template. For ovals and circles, I love the CM system as you have more options with those.

When I asked about Fiskars, I was told to go for Coluzzle, and I've been really happy with that set. I heard that Fiskars caught on pictures a lot and was likely to rip them and I wasn't willing to risk it. I haven't had any problems with Coluzzle though and it's comparable price wise.

I have ocassionally ripped pictures, but only when the blade was dull. I don't know: I never got the hang of the corners and really only like it for circles, ovals and I like the heart one. My son and I made valentines for his preschool class with the heart template and construction paper 2 years ago.

After I posted I had to get my DS's to wrestling, and I remembered I didn't add that you do need to change the blade frequently to get a good cut. But it is the old fiskars circle cutter and oval cutter (that is nothing like the shape cutter) that tore pictures a lot. I owned those many years back and stopped using them very quickly.

thanks for all the responses! I am skeptical about fiskars cutters b/c I had bought a fiskars paper cutter that was just crap...LOL

I was walking around walmart with this shape cutter and thought I better ask about it before purchasing! LOL

thanks again! :)

I have it & mostly use for freehand stuff. i very rarely use my templates with it. I much prefer the coluzzle

Actually, I just got done using it!

I have it and just about every template out there for it. I was obsessed with it for quite a while after it first came out. I find it really easy to use, but I've used mine alot and had lots of practive. Now I pretty much just use it for cutting meduim to large circles/squares, but some of the new extra large shape templates are catching my eye and I'm thinking of getting the circles next time I'm at HL.

My big obstacle was trying to figure out how tightly to have the blade screwed into the hand portion of the cutter. Once I had that down, I was fine. The smaller obstacle is making sure the template is right side up...if the word FISKARS can be read correctly it should work great. If not, your photo or mat is going to tear or just not cut correctly. I like it and still use it but also have the Coluzzle.

HeatherFeather said:
My big obstacle was trying to figure out how tightly to have the blade screwed into the hand portion of the cutter.

They have a new shape cutter out that is supposed to be easier to adjust the blade height, and you can also change the blade without changing the cutting height. I am going to look into that.

I have used them and hate them. I have switched to CM's templetes and will not go back.My old set is sitting there collecting dust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter