Fitting scooters in the newly remodeled POP Century rooms seems hard.

Yes, the non-accessible remodeled rooms have the alcove at the door. We had one of those as well, but my daughter stayed in it and I never went over to get photos. I just asked her about the door.

So, Fort Forever did you have a handicap room?

Yes, these photos were taken in a handicap accessible room. We only stayed for one night just to get a feel for it. I wish I would have thought to have my daughter take some photos in the non-handicap room. It was a new remodel as well. We will go again soon and get some. It was just a very quick trip this time.

@FortForever Thank you *so* much for those pictures - those are the best pictures we have seen yet!

(You should cross post those in the Wheelchair/Handicapped accessible... thread that Sue has stickied at the top of the main page!)

Thanks for the suggestion. I will do that later today. Have grandchildren on their way to visit now.

Yes, these photos were taken in a handicap accessible room. We only stayed for one night just to get a feel for it. I wish I would have thought to have my daughter take some photos in the non-handicap room. It was a new remodel as well. We will go again soon and get some. It was just a very quick trip this time.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will do that later today. Have grandchildren on their way to visit now.
@FortForever did you ever post the bathroom pics?

I'm sure as time goes by we will know more about how the two scooters will fit or not. It does look like you will need to put a scooter in first before pulling down the bed.

The idea here is that before the remodel you could fit two scooters; so, hopefully it works, now after the remodel. We will get reports soon about it. I'm even concerned about outlets available for two scooters.

All Stars is getting remodeled soon and I have an idea it will have that same pull down bed; so, there will be issues there trying to do two scooters. And again two scooters fit now, but it's looking hard to do it after the remodel.

Normally, the people using scooters have some issues and this pulling the bed up and down each day doesn't sound like fun even if it's easy for some.

Any other option causes a financial burden which isn't right, either. Until you walk in those shoes......

There's always going to be a point at which something doesn't work for a percentage of the population. I believe Disney is trying to make as many options available as possible. People complained that 4 larger-sized adults couldn't fit in 2 full sized beds - hey, now they are putting in queen beds. People with allergies complained about carpets/mold - now they are ripping out the carpets and using solid surface flooring. Ripping out doorways and moving walls to make rooms bigger, etc. But there's no way to meet everyone's needs - and fitting 2 or more of the larger sized ECVs in a value room? I think that's asking for a lot from a value, especially one that has the bigger beds.

There's always going to be a point at which something doesn't work for a percentage of the population. I believe Disney is trying to make as many options available as possible. People complained that 4 larger-sized adults couldn't fit in 2 full sized beds - hey, now they are putting in queen beds. People with allergies complained about carpets/mold - now they are ripping out the carpets and using solid surface flooring. Ripping out doorways and moving walls to make rooms bigger, etc. But there's no way to meet everyone's needs - and fitting 2 or more of the larger sized ECVs in a value room? I think that's asking for a lot from a value, especially one that has the bigger beds.

Actually, before the remodel this wasn't an issue and you could fit two scooters.

Right now, you can still fit two scooters in the All Star rooms. Now, they are remodeling those rooms; so, this is going to be perhaps an issue at the values, now where there wasn't a problem before.

Hopefully, it's still possible to do it. Just hoping for some input from those with two scooters using the POP rooms, now.

Door area is expanded in refurbished rooms.
Room is about 12 feet wide.
Bed is 6'8" long.
Dresser is about 2' deep.
Guessing headboard is 4-6" .
Means there is at least two feet between bed and dressrr. Nobody yet has mentioned the pay between the beds and dresser being too narrow.
One ECV can go next to the connecting door or spot where it would be.
One ECV can remain close to the door/window. Maybe even both can.

I just stayed in a regular room at Pop last week. I did not have my Mom who we get an ECV for when we travel, but I did kind of pay attention to the room and where to put an ECV if we were ever to stay there. Honestly, I think it would be super tight to have just 1 ECV in the renovated Pop rooms when the Murphy bed is open. I am sure it could work, it would just make it super tight. I do think it would be hard to manuever it into the room if the murphy bed is open.

I just stayed in a regular room at Pop last week. I did not have my Mom who we get an ECV for when we travel, but I did kind of pay attention to the room and where to put an ECV if we were ever to stay there. Honestly, I think it would be super tight to have just 1 ECV in the renovated Pop rooms when the Murphy bed is open. I am sure it could work, it would just make it super tight. I do think it would be hard to manuever it into the room if the murphy bed is open.

Wow, it's even tough for one scooter with the Murphy bed down.

I sure hope we get some pictures soon of a scooter or even two scooters in the regular room with the Murphy bed down.

I'm really interested in fitting two scooters in the room. That's the picture I'm really waiting for, here. Thanks.

8S9t5Bb.jpg

lYVjuAd.jpg

6lETtEP.jpg

Is that a seat in the last picture? I'm not sure how sturdy that looks. Is it attached to the wall?

Wow! This looks pretty nice to me. After a recent stay in a recently renovated HA studio at BWV, I’m thinking we should sell our DVC & start staying at value resorts. I see counter space around the sinks, towel storage that’s not above the toilet or on the grab bars, towel bars next to the shower, adjustable shower head, clothing storage. All these things were missing from our deluxe DVC room. If the only thing this room doesn’t have is a shower seat, I’d have been happy to be downgraded to this value room & provide my own. Our BWV room didn’t have any seat either. As far as fitting rooms 2 ECVs in a room, I never found it easy to maneuver an ECV in any room. I just parked it for charging & used a walker. When I became unable to do that I got a small power chair for traveling with. Of all the DVC rooms we’ve stayed in, I’ve never had a room that’s easy to get one ECV around in with beds out, or a HA bathroom that nice. I guess we’re paying for location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!