Five DVC resorts in five days — pre-park-open TR

OK -- last resort Day 5: Poly
I said up top that the Poly has been our favorite place to stay and so we intentionally saved it for last. We had a wonderful time at the Poly! We checked out on July 4th just ahead of the big crowds. It was great to see the monorails, ferries and watercraft being tested in preparation for the CM and AP previews held this week!
We got assigned the perfect room, centered on a view of the castle and Space Mountain. So that helped :-) Both pools were open, and so it was easily possible to keep a safe distance. Captain Cook's was open with mobile order and pickup, and the Pineapple Lanai for Dole Whips, and Kona Cafe for TS. So we had lots of options. There were activities at the resort for kiddos and they were spread out on the lawn and beach. The beach was completely open and so peaceful. We were even able to pick up a T-shirt at the shop! Most importantly, Captain Cook's had the Mickey Rice Krispies Treats that had alluded us so far :-)
I'm not sure how the Poly made something look easy that seemed so hard at Kidani and Copper Creek, perhaps just happier CMs. There are always good ones and not-as-good ones. But I also think the DVC portion of the resort is smaller, so they really had the right ratios of people (maybe 10% occupancy in the resort) to be able to undertake Stage 1 of reopening with thoughtfulness and openness. Plus the activity on the monorail beam and the water made it seem more ... Disney.

Attachments

• 20200703_190538417_iOS.jpg
    20200703_190538417_iOS.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 7
Thanks for the report! I am hoping and praying things get better in FL and NJ folks are let back in agin for our mid-November trip. 🤞🏻🤞🏻 Spilt stay SSR and RR. I booked this in late May, when things were looking good in FL.

I love the 5 resorts in 5 days. I love Poly haven’t stayed there since 2003!😎👍🏻😎

Thanks for sharing your report! We are planning to stay at AKL at the end of Oct. and I do have concerns that we won't see any animals near our room despite the Savanna view. I get that seeing animals aren't the full experience of staying there, but I would be bummed out. Love the idea of doing a split stay for more experiences.

Enjoyed your report! We were at BRV July 11-18, and didn't have any front desk interaction until the morning we checked out, and I have to say the CM was exceptionally rude, and we asked to speak to a manager, and she said she was the manager! We did contact guest experience when we returned home. I love Wilderness Lodge, and BRV, but have to say our experience at Roaring Forks left a lot to be desired. Granted, they were still learning the new system, but we weren't the only ones with incorrect orders the evening we ate there. Geyser Point was great though, as usual. There were never too many people in the quiet pool, which was nice. We're heading back to BRV in October, so hopefully things will be running more smoothly. We own at Kidani, and while I love Jambo House, Kidani is one of my least fav places to stay, mainly because of the lack of a quick service restaurant, and the fact that you have to go through the garage and the road to get to the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!