"Five Mickey bars hit you like two glasses of wine!" a Jan 2019 adults-only TR *COMPLETED* 6/25

Blurry photos and ghost snacks

As I mentioned last time, our first priority this day was getting in line for SDD. I wanted to be at DHS by about 8:30 but we had to wait a bit for a bus and got there around 8:40. Not too bad, but they had already opened the park early and by the time we got back to TSL the line was at about 60 minutes.

[Not the best first view in the morning but hey it was a beautiful day]

But we were in it to the end so I decided to take some photos while we waited and Jon played games on his phone.

The line was definitely a full hour but it passed pretty quickly. Pretty soon we were inside the queue itself and eventually we got on the actual ride!

We thought the ride was cute and fun but I don’t think we’ll ever wait for it again. It’s a great family ride though and I can definitely see why it’s popular.

We stopped for a quick photopass near the saucers. And when I say quick, I mean this photographer was lightning fast. He took about 5 photos in about 3 seconds. Which might sound impressive but knowing a little (and I mean just a tiny bit) about photography, I knew that those photos were going to be blurry as all get out. And I’m not sure why he took them so fast. There was absolutely no line and nothing happening that would cause a rush.

[This is the least blurry of the bunch and you can see how the edges are still soft because he was moving so fast]

We thought it was time for some food so we went to Woody’s Lunchbox (finally! No one wanted to eat here when we were at the park earlier in the trip and I had been dying to try it). They didn’t have any breakfast menus floating around so we assumed they were serving lunch stuff (it was about 10 or 10:30 so not absurdly early for lunch). Well apparently they just decided not to set out breakfast menus because they were indeed not serving lunch yet. Which means I was kept once again from those delicious-looking totchos.

I’ll get you my pretty. And your BBQ brisket melt, too!

So we got the s’mores sandwich and hazelnut tart because there’s no better way to start an early morning than with an abundance of sugar.

We still hadn’t heard from P&A so we went to Muppet Vision to kill some time. We got a text during the show that they were on our way and when it was over we went to Alien Swirling Saucers to use our FP.

But first a photo stop! I was Disneybounding (well technically we were both Disneybounding) again and I wanted a picture in front of the Pixar ball:

Swirling Saucers was exactly the amount of fun that I anticipated (which is to say somewhere between a ball and a blast). We’ve ridden Mater’s ride in DCA so we knew what to expect but it was still fun.

We stopped for a photopass on our way out of TSL and thankfully this photographer took their time:

We had a bit of time before our next FP and so we poked around the Launch Bay for a bit and watched the short film that they have. We had actually never seen it before. I don’t remember anything about it except that it was nice to sit in the AC for a while. So there’s that.

Our FP was for RNRC so we took a stroll down Hollywood Blvd. Or Sunset Blvd. Whichever it’s supposed to be (I am definitely suffering the full effect of waiting way too long to write a trip report).

RNRC was great again. I can’t believe how many backstage passes they keep giving out. Sounds crowded to me.

My notes say that after RNRC we stopped for a snack but I didn’t write what it was or take any photos. So it must have been a ghost snack.

After the mystery snack we decided to leave and go across the way to Epcot, with a pit stop at the Boardwalk for a treat that I’ve been dying to try for ages.

Plan A was to take a friendship boat so we could rest our legs but the line was really long and by the time we stood around and waited for the next boat our legs wouldn’t feel any better. So we went with plan B! The walk was really nice and it gave us a cool view of the backside of the Tower of Terror.

[I present the 9th wonder of the world- the backside of a hotel]

Just a short stroll later and we made it to the target:

Stopping at Ample Hills had been on my itinerary for my previous THREE trips and each time something came up and I/we didn’t make it. So to say I was excited would be a serious understatement. I knew for sure that I wanted to share a flight with Jon and the issue of course was decided on flavors that we both liked (we don’t share dessert very often). It looks like we ended up choosing ooey gooey butter cake, red velvet, chocolate milk and cookies, the seashells one, chocolate fudge brownie, and the peanut butter cup on.

Oh man this was soooo worth the wait. The flavors were delicious and the quality of the ice cream was great. It was also just really nice to sit at a table outside during a beautiful day and enjoy the Boardwalk ambiance. So all in all a really good memory of the trip.

We finished our ice cream and completed a stroll around the Boardwalk, ending at the International Gateway so that we could finish our day at Epcot. And you’ll have to wait patiently until next time to hear about all that.

Omg Ample Hills is one of my FAVORITES. It's such a hidden gem, I'm glad you finally made it over. I recommend if you ever end up back there that you try Sally Sells Seashells, that was one of my faves. Loved just pacing the BoardWalk with a cone of that in my hand.

I wanted to be at DHS by about 8:30 but we had to wait a bit for a bus and got there around 8:40. Not too bad, but they had already opened the park early and by the time we got back to TSL the line was at about 60 minutes.
Eep! That didn't take long.
For now, at least, that's definitely a FP ride for me.
Really like this shot! :)
Oh! Look! It's 55 minutes now. You should've gotten out of line and started over to save yourselves five minutes.

:rolleyes1
We thought the ride was cute and fun but I don’t think we’ll ever wait for it again. It’s a great family ride though and I can definitely see why it’s popular.
It's a fun little ride... but it's definitely a tame (but oh so smooth) coaster.
We stopped for a quick photopass near the saucers. And when I say quick, I mean this photographer was lightning fast. He took about 5 photos in about 3 seconds. Which might sound impressive but knowing a little (and I mean just a tiny bit) about photography, I knew that those photos were going to be blurry as all get out. And I’m not sure why he took them so fast. There was absolutely no line and nothing happening that would cause a rush.
What the heck? Was he trying to be efficient?? :confused3
Well apparently they just decided not to set out breakfast menus because they were indeed not serving lunch yet.
Then how did you know what was available?
Which means I was kept once again from those delicious-looking totchos.
:laughing:
I’ll get you my pretty. And your BBQ brisket melt, too!
:lmao:
Swirling Saucers was exactly the amount of fun that I anticipated (which is to say somewhere between a ball and a blast). We’ve ridden Mater’s ride in DCA so we knew what to expect but it was still fun.
I've seen it but not ridden it. Not wasting a FP on it and not waiting an hour either.
Some day... but not yet.
We had a bit of time before our next FP and so we poked around the Launch Bay for a bit and watched the short film that they have. We had actually never seen it before. I don’t remember anything about it except that it was nice to sit in the AC for a while. So there’s that.
Stellar recommendation!
:laughing: Great shot!
So it must have been a ghost snack.
So then the calories don't count. Perfect.
[I present the 9th wonder of the world- the backside of a hotel]
:laughing:
Stopping at Ample Hills had been on my itinerary for my previous THREE trips and each time something came up and I/we didn’t make it. So to say I was excited would be a serious understatement.
Then it's about time!
It looks like we ended up choosing ooey gooey butter cake, red velvet, chocolate milk and cookies, the seashells one, chocolate fudge brownie, and the peanut butter cup on.
mmmmm… I need to do this... but with someone. Too much for one person.

Omg Ample Hills is one of my FAVORITES. It's such a hidden gem, I'm glad you finally made it over. I recommend if you ever end up back there that you try Sally Sells Seashells, that was one of my faves. Loved just pacing the BoardWalk with a cone of that in my hand.
That was one that we tried in our flight! I liked it more than I thought I would, because I normally don't go for orange-flavored stuff but I tried it because so many people raved about it. And it was so good!

Eep! That didn't take long.
For now, at least, that's definitely a FP ride for me.
Yeah there was a whole big issue with P&A's tickets and we didn't realize it until our FP booking day so unfortunately by the time we got it sorted the SDD ones were all gone.

Really like this shot! :)
Thanks! It's one of my favorite from the trip.

Oh! Look! It's 55 minutes now. You should've gotten out of line and started over to save yourselves five minutes.
Ha right?! I was actually thinking, ya know if the line is still 55 minutes after an hour of park opening then we could have slept in :P

What the heck? Was he trying to be efficient?? :confused3
I just...I don't know....

Then how did you know what was available?
They handed us a menu card when we got to the register

I've seen it but not ridden it. Not wasting a FP on it and not waiting an hour either.
Some day... but not yet.
Yeah since we couldn't get SDD we went with saucers so we could at least ride one of the rides

So then the calories don't count. Perfect.
EXACTLY!

Too much for one person.
you underestimate my power.gif

So glad you you were able to experience TSL!! Slinky Dog, Swirling Saucers, breakfast at the Lunch Box and pics to boot-- what a great morning!!!

Ample Hills has the best ice cream! Ooey Gooey Butter Cake is my favorite ice cream flavor of all time.

So glad you you were able to experience TSL!! Slinky Dog, Swirling Saucers, breakfast at the Lunch Box and pics to boot-- what a great morning!!!

Ample Hills has the best ice cream! Ooey Gooey Butter Cake is my favorite ice cream flavor of all time.
I'm just generally a fan of cake-flavored ice cream. Bless whoever decided that cake and ice cream didn't have to be separate entities.

The sun was really bright (and whoever placed the photo for TT was not at the top of their game that day) so our photo was a tiny bit tragic.
It is hard to see when you come out of the dark tunnel and the camera snaps. I am always squinting and/or scowling, lol!
My next note says “tolerance for people is gone” with no other notes to explain why.
Sometimes that's just how it is!
After getting the magnet and drinking of the plethora of international sweet and carbonated beverages, we went to The Seas to hang with the fishes for a while. The dolphins were being super playful and the AC was being super delightful so we stuck around for a little bit.
The Seas is a great spot to unwind.
I started off with a Bellini (when in fake Rome, amirite??) and Jon got a lemonade, I believe. We got the arancini as a starter (which came out wicked fast), I got a quattro fomaggi pizza with the intention of sharing it, but then Jon ordered lasagna so we shared all three! Of the three, the pizza hands down the best.
The pizza at Via Napoli is to die for!
We also stopped at a photographer near the entrance to the world showcase and I wanted to get a picture with Spaceship Earth in the background. Unfortunately the photographer didn’t get the memo that I would like a good picture in front of Spaceship Earth So this is what we got:
Oh no! What is it with some PP photographers?
But I did come back and they were indeed still there and I kept my promise to myself and went to say hi. I would like to think that it came out very smooth and cool but I’m fairly certain it went more like “HIILOVEYOURBLOGANDYOUREAGREATPHOTOGRAPHERSORRYTOBOTHERYOUBYE.”
That would so be me!
The boys still weren’t out yet so we hit up the art photo nearby.
Cute!
When last you saw us, we were on our way out of Epcot. Well I can now relieve the suspense and let you know that we boarded a monorail bound for the Magic Kingdom. It was finally time for P&A to experience Happily Ever After the right way.
Too bad it wasn't as you hoped. :(
When the show started we had to ask a lady to take off her massive Goofy hat because it was blocking our entire view. Then she and her party proceeded to take photos of each other during the show WITH THE FLASH ON for a good 15 minutes. I don’t even have the energy to explain what kind of feelings that stirred up in me.
I would have wanted to throttle those people. Just as bad as the "lovely" family who watched videos of HEA during the show with the sound turned up!! I was going to kill them.

As I mentioned last time, our first priority this day was getting in line for SDD. I wanted to be at DHS by about 8:30 but we had to wait a bit for a bus and got there around 8:40. Not too bad, but they had already opened the park early and by the time we got back to TSL the line was at about 60 minutes.
It lines up so fast!
We thought it was time for some food so we went to Woody’s Lunchbox (finally! No one wanted to eat here when we were at the park earlier in the trip and I had been dying to try it). They didn’t have any breakfast menus floating around so we assumed they were serving lunch stuff (it was about 10 or 10:30 so not absurdly early for lunch). Well apparently they just decided not to set out breakfast menus because they were indeed not serving lunch yet. Which means I was kept once again from those delicious-looking totchos.
They do sound delicious.....I havn't got to try them yet either.
But first a photo stop! I was Disneybounding (well technically we were both Disneybounding) again and I wanted a picture in front of the Pixar ball:
Bo Peep?
Stopping at Ample Hills had been on my itinerary for my previous THREE trips and each time something came up and I/we didn’t make it. So to say I was excited would be a serious understatement. I knew for sure that I wanted to share a flight with Jon and the issue of course was decided on flavors that we both liked (we don’t share dessert very often). It looks like we ended up choosing ooey gooey butter cake, red velvet, chocolate milk and cookies, the seashells one, chocolate fudge brownie, and the peanut butter cup on.
12 scoops of ice cream??? We want to do the flight but there is no way we would be able to finish. It looks amazing though!

I am always squinting and/or scowling, lol!
I'm usually covered by my hair hahaha

What is it with some PP photographers?
?? I have no idea!

Just as bad as the "lovely" family who watched videos of HEA during the show with the sound turned up!! I was going to kill them.
Oh no they did not! Wow what even is the point of that??

Yeah!!

12 scoops of ice cream??? We want to do the flight but there is no way we would be able to finish. It looks amazing though!
HA it was only 6 scoops! Very doable :)

Yeah there was a whole big issue with P&A's tickets and we didn't realize it until our FP booking day so unfortunately by the time we got it sorted the SDD ones were all gone.
That sucks. Not surprised they were snapped up quickly, though.
Ha right?! I was actually thinking, ya know if the line is still 55 minutes after an hour of park opening then we could have slept in :P
Good advice! I will aim for mid-morning/early-afternoon and walk right on.
They handed us a menu card when we got to the register
Which wouldn't slow things down at all. :sad2:
Yeah since we couldn't get SDD we went with saucers so we could at least ride one of the rides
Makes sense. :)
you underestimate my power.gif
:lmao:

Not too bad, but they had already opened the park early and by the time we got back to TSL the line was at about 60 minutes.

Ugh, that stinks. Sounds like you managed to pass the time ok, though.

So we got the s’mores sandwich and hazelnut tart because there’s no better way to start an early morning than with an abundance of sugar.

Is it even a vacation breakfast if it doesn't include sweets?

Plan A was to take a friendship boat so we could rest our legs but the line was really long and by the time we stood around and waited for the next boat our legs wouldn’t feel any better. So we went with plan B! The walk was really nice and it gave us a cool view of the backside of the Tower of Terror.

We did the walk a few times during our BW stay and I didn't think it was bad at all. If they boat is right there when you're walking back, great, but I agree that waiting would have been more tiring than just heading over on foot.

Stopping at Ample Hills had been on my itinerary for my previous THREE trips and each time something came up and I/we didn’t make it. So to say I was excited would be a serious understatement.

Yes, that place is delicious. So rich and yummy.

I'm so many updates behind so I apologize now if this becomes a marathon response!

while I adore the board update some of my favorite formatting options are now gone. So please know that it affects you in no way at all but that I am a little sad that my favorite dark magenta-ish font color is no more.

I googled hex color codes to find the ones I wanted!

But we had a big beautiful day ahead of us and sleep is for the weak so up and ready we got and made our way to the bus station.

Yesss #nosleepinDisney

World’s Most Thorough Bag Checker yet again (how do I always find these people??).

Always! But especially when running late for something

My next note says “tolerance for people is gone” with no other notes to explain why.

:rotfl: no explanation needed.

Lunch was finished just in time to catch a Voices of Liberty performance, which was fantastic as usual.

I've still never seen them!

(yes, I’m just trying to write iFart as much as possible).

It took me a while to figure out what iFart stood for but I love it!

“HIILOVEYOURBLOGANDYOUREAGREATPHOTOGRAPHERSORRYTOBOTHERYOUBYE.”

:rotfl:

Gorgeous photo and ears!

Oo what a great idea! I love this!

Kim possible and Ron Stoppable?! I love it!!

Oh man this stuff is good. I need more frose in my life.

Yesss

Also did I just read somewhere that Casey’s won’t have foot long hot dogs anymore?

AND THEY CHANGED THE CORN DOG NUGGETS! #thisiswhywecanthavenicethings

When the show started we had to ask a lady to take off her massive Goofy hat because it was blocking our entire view. Then she and her party proceeded to take photos of each other during the show WITH THE FLASH ON for a good 15 minutes. I don’t even have the energy to explain what kind of feelings that stirred up in me.

UGH. The actual worst. It's so frustrating to me that I'll get a good spot for fireworks and EVERY TIME end up behind the most inconsiderate people. And I try my hardest to not be the person who hates everyone at Disney (like I am every other day lol) but people make it SO hard.

Bo peep?

Stopping at Ample Hills had been on my itinerary for my previous THREE trips and each time something came up and I/we didn’t make it.

Loveee Ample Hills! We have one here in Brooklyn and I love that there's one in Disney too!

Your trip report has been cracking me up this morning, but I was too far behind to quote. I love your DAH review and photos :goodvibes

Then I took some pictures of A and the really beautiful Coco-inspired ears that she made.

Wow! i'm impressed!

The boys still weren’t out yet so we hit up the art photo nearby.

[We call this Millennial Garden Party]
Nailed it! :rotfl2:

We had a really good spot but unfortunately we had to share it with some super obnoxious people. When the show started we had to ask a lady to take off her massive Goofy hat because it was blocking our entire view. Then she and her party proceeded to take photos of each other during the show WITH THE FLASH ON for a good 15 minutes.
Needless to say it was not a magical first HEA experience for P&A. They were tired and having to deal with the people around us made them (understandably) a little cranky and they decided to just leave right when the show was done.
Well, that all sounds terrible, especially for people who don't get to see it often :sad2:

I Love SDD, but I don't think I'd wait an hour to ride it. I've ridden it many times during EMM or with a FP and think it's just so much fun I think your hour wait may have clouded your experience?

Oh man this was soooo worth the wait. The flavors were delicious and the quality of the ice cream was great. It was also just really nice to sit at a table outside during a beautiful day and enjoy the Boardwalk ambiance. So all in all a really good memory of the trip.

Yum! I keep forgetting to go here myself! We may try to switch from BLT to BCV next March, so maybe I'll remember to go then :thumbsup2

I googled hex color codes to find the ones I wanted!
Yes! Thankfully I found that!
But especially when running late for something
It’s like they know.... maybe that’s why they pop into our hotel rooms unannounced. It’s not for safety’s, it’s so they can see how likely it is that we will be running late.

I've still never seen them!
Oh wow I highly recommend them! Their sets aren’t very long and it’s a chance to get inside out of the sun for a few mins at the very least.

Kim possible and Ron Stoppable?! I love it!!
You got it!

AND THEY CHANGED THE CORN DOG NUGGETS! #thisiswhywecanthavenicethings
Okay I think I read that the nugs are back to normal!

And I try my hardest to not be the person who hates everyone at Disney (like I am every other day lol) but people make it SO hard.
Right?!

Right again! Either you’re really good at this or I am 😋

We have one here in Brooklyn and I love that there's one in Disney too!
Oh that’s right! I forgot there are other non Disney locations!

I want to try Ample Hills, Never been but all the reviews rave about the flavors!
Add me to the list of raving reviewers!

Your trip report has been cracking me up this morning, but I was too far behind to quote. I love your DAH review and photos :goodvibes
Thanks friend! DAH was such a fun night

Wow! i'm impressed!
She is so talented! She actually has an Etsy shop where she makes a bunch of felt flowers for people who like flowers but can’t keep plants alive (like me)

Well, that all sounds terrible, especially for people who don't get to see it often :sad2:
Yeah it was a bummer for sure

I've ridden it many times during EMM or with a FP and think it's just so much fun I think your hour wait may have clouded your experience?
I wasn’t upset by the wait really. It was how long I was expecting to wait. I just prefer thrill rides. So it was cute not exciting (and I knew it wasn’t going to be a thrill ride haha)

We may try to switch from BLT to BCV next March, so maybe I'll remember to go then :thumbsup2
Ooo walking distance of ample hills all the time??? Sign me up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter