"Five Mickey bars hit you like two glasses of wine!" a Jan 2019 adults-only TR *COMPLETED* 6/25

But first a photo stop! I was Disneybounding (well technically we were both Disneybounding) again and I wanted a picture in front of the Pixar ball:
Bo Peep and Woody?
Oh man this was soooo worth the wait. The flavors were delicious and the quality of the ice cream was great. It was also just really nice to sit at a table outside during a beautiful day and enjoy the Boardwalk ambiance. So all in all a really good memory of the trip.
Make sure you guys check out Salt & Straw in Downtown Disney! It's not exactly hidden (right next to the Grand entrance to DtD) but it is delicious! They put marshmallow fluff in their brownie batter so the fudge brownie still has nice soft chunks of brownie! Plus lots of other fun flavors!

...and I somehow missed that you were writing this.

I'll just casually step in like I've been here the whole time.

How was the food at Toy Story Land?! I've heard a lot of people talk about it, but no one's really said if it was actually good.

Did the Alien saucers play funny songs like Maters?

If you couldn't tell, I've actually never been to Toy Story Land. For someone who used to go to WDW 2-3 times a year, I have fallen behind.

I like the fact that you actually dress up and look nice when you go to Disney. I look like a gross mess most of the time.

The name Ample Hills just makes me cringe. Must be the 10 year old boy inside me.

...and I somehow missed that you were writing this.

I'll just casually step in like I've been here the whole time.
Oh yeah you've totally been here the whole time...

How was the food at Toy Story Land?! I've heard a lot of people talk about it, but no one's really said if it was actually good.

Did the Alien saucers play funny songs like Maters?
The food was fine, but I only had a chance to eat breakfast. Still dying to try the lunch/dinner menu.

I think it was just general space-y music? I can't really remember.

If you couldn't tell, I've actually never been to Toy Story Land. For someone who used to go to WDW 2-3 times a year, I have fallen behind.
Next time!

I like the fact that you actually dress up and look nice when you go to Disney. I look like a gross mess most of the time
It's all for the 'gram.

The name Ample Hills just makes me cringe. Must be the 10 year old boy inside me.
Oh...goodness. I've never even thought of it like that until now.
naveen yikes.gif

Ugh that Slinky dog wait! I love that you just sucked it up and waited my DH would have been like umm no!

S’mores for breakfast! Love it looks pretty good!

And then ice cream, haha you may have had your sugar fill for the day already!

Ugh that Slinky dog wait! I love that you just sucked it up and waited my DH would have been like umm no!
Well we knew it was our only time to ride it so we either had to wait or not ride it for another year and a half so yeah we sucked it up :P

S’mores for breakfast! Love it looks pretty good!

And then ice cream, haha you may have had your sugar fill for the day already!
Is it really vacation unless you've blasted away the dietitian's daily recommended sugar intake by lunch time?

But in our defense, the ice cream wasn't until like 1pm so we ate it for lunch, not breakfast :P

Well we knew it was our only time to ride it so we either had to wait or not ride it for another year and a half so yeah we sucked it up :P

Oh I would have waited and 100% support this decision. DH just doesn’t get it!

Is it really vacation unless you've blasted away the dietitian's daily recommended sugar intake by lunch time?

But in our defense, the ice cream wasn't until like 1pm so we ate it for lunch, not breakfast :P

I mean 100%. Bring it on! In France plan on eating Nutella for breakfast every day.... it’s a stable

Somehow I missed this report even though you were in the Disney at the same time I was! I just read the whole thing so I am totally up to date to hear about the end of your trip! :D

Somehow I missed this report even though you were in the Disney at the same time I was! I just read the whole thing so I am totally up to date to hear about the end of your trip! :D
Oh cool! I wonder if we saw each other and didn't even know.
waving.gif

I see you have a kid-free trip coming up soon. Enjoy that!!

Big Dessert Energy

Our game plan for Epcot was to do a full loop of the World Showcase and sample from the festival booths. We started in Canada, where I filled Buckey up with maple popcorn and picked up a stuffed moose. Why a moose? I’m glad you asked…

And now for a short look into the home life of Ann and Jon: I am working on decorating all the rooms in our house to different Disney themes. Our living room is World Showcase themed and houses the souvenirs that we have picked up from our travels. I decided that when we visit a country that has a pavilion in the WS, I would pick up something from that pavilion as a momento. I’m thinking of it as a way to combine my love for travel and Disney.

So while we were in Canada, I also picked up a stuffed moose to represent Canada, since we’ve been there. I have yet to name him and I feel very sad about it. So if you have any very Canadian suggestions for a moose name, I'll take them.

[This is the only photo I have from my actual camera from our evening at Epcot. Guess I was too busy eating to take pictures #priorities]

The next stop was the UK and my souvenir of choice was one of the teapots shaped like an old timey house. Since it wasn’t exactly compact I was going to send it to our room but it wouldn’t arrive until the following afternoon and we wouldn’t be going back to the resort after checking out in the morning. So guess what I carried around all day? An old timey house teapot.

After the UK we stopped at our first festival booth in France. Jon and I got the crème de brie.

It was alright but not exactly what I was expecting. My note said it was ‘funnier’ than expected but I’m pretty sure I meant to say ‘runnier’ since it was really thin (I don't recall it dropping any sick one liners, anyway). It was more like brie soup than just melted brie. But still good!

In Japan we stopped to watch the drum show for a bit (those ladies are #bicepgoals). We stopped at the festival booth to try the taiyaki. It wasn’t horrible but something didn’t sit right about the texture so I don’t think we finished the whole thing. I think the issue is that it’s filled with bean paste and I have a problem eating something called bean paste. So we should make up a new name for bean paste that sounds more appealing. Like florf. Or something. IDK I’m just the idea woman here.

Our disappointment didn’t last long because next we arrived at the motherland- the good ole U S of A, baby.

us of a.gif

I was really craving a Coke so I went somewhere (Fife and Drum, maybe?) to get one while P&A went to the festival booth to try the beef Wellington. We sat and ate for a bit, then went to watch the Voices of Liberty. It was another amazing set and I got to say hi to the leader person boss man (official title) after!

When the show was over we realized it was probably a good time to grab a seat for the Disney on Broadway performance. We were there plenty early and got good seats and so the boys went off for (what else) more food. P returned with a funnel cake and Jon got himself one of the massive pretzels from Germany and a smoothie.

The show itself was really fun. I’m so glad that these performances are part of iFart (hope you didn’t think you saw the last of iFart in this TR) and they’re so cool to watch. The performers that night were Kerry Butler and Kevin Massey. Both were incredibly talented and it was a great show to watch. I was super pumped that Kevin performed Out There from the Hunchback of Notre Dame, which is the #1 most underrated animated Disney film of all time (and Out There is one of my personal favorite Disney songs).

[Although I love Newsies, they were performing "Something to Believe In", which is not one of my favorite songs from the show. Give me Santa Fe any day]

We all agreed that too much time had passed since our last snack so we went right next door to Italy and I got the pork short ribs, which was one of my favorite dishes from the festival. It had a balsamic flavor that was incredible!

And what goes better with ribs? More ribs. Naturally. Germany was next and the only thing I wanted from that booth was the beef ribs. They were good but not as good as the pork ribs. (I’d list my reasons about why pigs are better than cows but by now it’s a moo point).

Following the logical progression of the World Showcase, our next stop was in China to try the crystal mooncake. Which was gross. I did not enjoy that at all. I enjoyed that even less than people in massive Goofy hats taking fireworks photos with their flash on. Okay…maybe not less than that but I certainly didn’t finish it.

After throwing that wretched excuse for a dessert in the garbage where it belongs, we went into the temple so I could show Jon the perfect acoustics. Both P & Jon are music nerds so I thought they would get a kick out of hearing the acoustics in there (I was right, fun was had by all). So for a fun trick, stand in the exact center circle of the temple and speak out loud. You’ll be able to hear it echo back!

We sat to watch the acrobat show and we got a seat right up by the rope. I hadn’t watched the show in a long time so it was fun to watch it again. I don’t remember much except for the guy doing the diabolo stuff went for a really cool trick and dropped it. But I think he tried again and made it, so good for him!

We wrapped up our WS loop at Mexico where we didn’t get any food but I did buy a maraca! Then it was on to the next festival booth on our list- Pop Eats. We got the sous vide and I got the bubble wine.

The sous vide chicken was delicious, just like I remembered. Fun story- when I ordered this last year I held it up to get a photo and half of it fell on the ground. Right on the ground. It was a sad moment but one that every diligent Instagrammer has had to face. So I had Jon help me take the picture this time to make sure I kept everything balanced.

We just had two more booths to stop at- Decadent Delights and the Deconstructed Dish. Big D energy to finish off the night here…. (Dessert. It’s dessert energy). At Decadent Delights I got the blood orange tart which was AMAZing, then Jon and I split the cheesecake at Deconstructed Dish, which was also really good.

After our final snacks I went off to do some shopping and the gang stayed behind to…actually I don’t know what they did without me. Probably wallowed around in confused misery. Anyway I picked up a spirit jersey for my mom (who had no idea what spirit jerseys were) and the Figment iFart jersey for myself. I went back and forth on the Figment jersey for me because it said 2019 on it and I really don’t like buying things with the year on it but I just loved the tie dye and Figment so I went for it. And now it’s probably the shirt that I wear most often.
I returned to the group with my purchases in hand and we found a spot to watch Illuminations (for the last time ever). It was a decent spot and we enjoyed the show. I love Illuminations but I’m excited to see what they come up with next!

Then it was time to say See Ya Real Soon to Epcot and head back to our resorts, where we packed up since the next morning was checkout.

Last edited:
So while we were in Canada, I also picked up a stuffed moose to represent Canada, since we’ve been there. I have yet to name him and I feel very sad about it. So if you have any very Canadian suggestions for a moose name, I'll take them.

I feel as though you've missed a trick and the answer to your name mystery is actually in the paragraph above this one... S/he should clearly be named Maple the Moose (so says this Canadian girl anyway)

You're legally obligated to name the Canadian moose after Celine Dion, I think.

The story of you holding and carrying the Tiny House Teapot around Epcot reminds me of a story about my friend Megan. She was an intern for SpongeBob SquarePants on Broadway when it was first opening and was given a task to transport a prop from the warehouse in Brooklyn the the theatre in Times Square. She got to enjoy a long subway ride with Gary the Snail.

Florf is good, I vote florf.

63001286e00fe86fced3c9e928fbdcb9.gif

Aw, I love you, too! But in all seriousness, you're right. Something to Believe In was the weakest song in the OBCR, IMO. Kyle should have sang Santa Fe by himself and then Kerry could have sang Watch What Happens.

As usual... another perfect, glorious update and I am NOT ready for you to check-out tomorrow.

I feel as though you've missed a trick and the answer to your name mystery is actually in the paragraph above this one... S/he should clearly be named Maple the Moose (so says this Canadian girl anyway)
Okay Maple is definitely on the list!

You're legally obligated to name the Canadian moose after Celine Dion, I think.
Oooo Celine is is on the list too!

The story of you holding and carrying the Tiny House Teapot around Epcot reminds me of a story about my friend Megan. She was an intern for SpongeBob SquarePants on Broadway when it was first opening and was given a task to transport a prop from the warehouse in Brooklyn the the theatre in Times Square. She got to enjoy a long subway ride with Gary the Snail.
I would carry Gary the Snail anywhere and everywhere.

Florf is good, I vote florf.
It is done.

Aw, I love you, too! But in all seriousness, you're right. Something to Believe In was the weakest song in the OBCR, IMO. Kyle should have sang Santa Fe by himself and then Kerry could have sang Watch What Happens.
Haha haha <3 U

As usual... another perfect, glorious update and I am NOT ready for you to check-out tomorrow.
I gotta be honest I’m ready for this TR to be over and stop taking up my free time :P

We started in Canada, where I filled Buckey up with maple popcorn
mmmmm...
and picked up a stuffed moose.
Why?
I’m glad you asked…
I felt compelled to.

Also, like the reason. :)
So if you have any very Canadian suggestions for a moose name, I'll take them.
I have several.
Winnipeg (my home) has a pro hockey team and a semi-pro team as well. The semi-pro team is called the Winnipeg Moose. Their mascot (I'm not making this up, you can Google it) is called Mick E. Moose.

At the Rio Olympics, there was a moose statue outside our building and they needed a name. I believe either Mountie (for our Royal Canadian Mounted Police), or Madamooselle was chosen.
Someone also suggested Moople.

The moose is on the coat of arms of two provinces. Both Newfoundland as well as Ontario. You could call your Moose Ontario or the more fun sounding Newf-the-Moose.

[This is the only photo I have from my actual camera from our evening at Epcot. Guess I was too busy eating to take pictures #priorities
:thumbsup2
The next stop was the UK and my souvenir of choice was one of the teapots shaped like an old timey house.
Photo? That sounds interesting/cool.
So guess what I carried around all day? An old timey house teapot.
:laughing:
But... better than going all the way back for it?
Jon and I got the crème de brie.
That sounded interesting until you described your reaction.
My note said it was ‘funnier’ than expected but I’m pretty sure I meant to say ‘runnier’ since it was really thin
insert cheese joke here.
I'll spare you.
In Japan we stopped to watch the drum show for a bit (those ladies are #bicepgoals).
Love those guys.
We stopped at the festival booth to try the taiyaki. It wasn’t horrible but something didn’t sit right about the texture so I don’t think we finished the whole thing.
Thanks for the heads up.
So we should make up a new name for bean taste that sounds more appealing. Like florf.
:lmao:
then went to watch the Voices of Liberty
I've never caught an entire act. Some day!
Jon got himself one of the massive pretzels from Germany and a smoothie.

That thing's huge!
I’m so glad that these performances are part of iFart (hope you didn’t think you saw the last of iFart in this TR)
Yay!
And what goes better with ribs? More ribs. Naturally.
:laughing:
(I’d list my reasons about why pigs are better than cows but at this point it’s a moo point).
:sad2:
But pork ribs > beef ribs.
our next stop was in China to try the crystal mooncake. Which was gross.
Glad I missed that one. Or maybe it wasn't available at F&G.
we went into the temple so I could show Jon the perfect acoustics. Both P & Jon are music nerds so I thought they would get a kick out of hearing the acoustics in there (I was right, fun was had by all).
Huh. I never knew that. I learneded something.
We wrapped up our WS loop at Mexico where we didn’t get any food but I did buy a maraca!
Another good idea. :)
Big D energy to finish off the night here…. (Dessert. It’s dessert energy).
:eek:

:rotfl:
actually I don’t know what they did without me. Probably wallowed around in confused misery.
::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter