Flame tree or satu’li canteen

Have to say, Flame Tree has always been our favorite TS in all WDW. That was until we stumbled on Satu'li on last trip. It was excellent and now on our go to list .

We thought Satu'li was fine but Flame Tree was tastier and better atmosphere. It's still our go-to.

But in the summer we'd do Satu'li for the AC!

Sa'tuli 100%. I'd eat there for every meal at AK.
Same here! Its one of the best QS on property right now...for me anyway. I would eat there daily if I could! Its that good. :)

I too wasnt wow'd by Flame Tree. My ribs were good and all but I dunno, there was just nothing special about it.

If it's hot that day: Satu'li
If it's nice that day (Florida Winter to a Northerner): Flame Tree
If we want something lighter (meal weight and flavor profile): Satu'li
If we want to share something: Flame Tree
If we're looking to spend a little less on the meal: Flame Tree (TiW discount)
If we want our force our son to make a different meal choice: Satu'li (Bad parents aren't we:teacher:)
If we want something that's a little different than what you can get in all the parks: Satu'li

We smoke some good BBQ at home, so we don't get the hankerin' for that style often.

I would choose Satuli. DD15 and DH would choose FT.
I love the bowls at Satuli, and the fact that it's inside and air-conditioned. But my family would probably not eat anything there - DH would maybe try one of the bowls, but he wouldn't be happy about it.
But we all love FT. We always try to get a table by the water, and there is typically a nice breeze down there.

I see a lot of comments about picky eaters avoiding Saluti. Just pointing out they have a hot dog there wrapped in a kind of pretzel bun! And it is really good!

I see a lot of comments about picky eaters avoiding Saluti. Just pointing out they have a hot dog there wrapped in a kind of pretzel bun! And it is really good!
The cheeseburger bao buns also apparently taste a lot like McDonald's cheeseburgers. But yes, I've heard the hot dogs are probably the best "traditional" park food option there. I think they did a good job of putting something for everyone on the menu.

This is what I dont understand....picky eaters wont enjoy a bowl of potatoes (its mixed regular and sweet potatoes) with grilled chicken? The chicken is so good btw! No fancy spices or anything, but it taste good! You can omit the sauce if you want, or ask for it on the side. Is this really not a "picky friendly" choice? BTW I love hotdogs....that does sound yummy. :)

I like both but prefer Satu'li. It's large, indoors and the food is not as heavy. We'll be back there in April, for sure.

I like both, but if you haven't tried Satu'li Canteen, I highly recommend it. It may well be my favorite QS in all of WDW. Looking forward to going there at least once next week when I'm there...

This is what I dont understand....picky eaters wont enjoy a bowl of potatoes (its mixed regular and sweet potatoes) with grilled chicken? The chicken is so good btw! No fancy spices or anything, but it taste good! You can omit the sauce if you want, or ask for it on the side. Is this really not a "picky friendly" choice? BTW I love hotdogs....that does sound yummy. :)

Both my kids have issues with texture and would DEFINITELY reject potatoes. They might do better with rice... but they'd definitely prefer the hot dog (and since we'll be on vacation, I'll let them get away with it)! That said, my husband and I are VERY excited to try Satu'li!!! (And Flame Tree as well, btw, we're doing both - I've been loving this thread because it's making me more excited about both of them!)

Both my kids have issues with texture and would DEFINITELY reject potatoes. They might do better with rice... but they'd definitely prefer the hot dog (and since we'll be on vacation, I'll let them get away with it)! That said, my husband and I are VERY excited to try Satu'li!!! (And Flame Tree as well, btw, we're doing both - I've been loving this thread because it's making me more excited about both of them!)
I see, texture issues. Yes, got it. :) I was just curious. The food at Satuli really is delicious and fresh. One of the best QS i've had to be honest. I like that you're going to be trying both places. That's what I do too...if i cant decide, I just go to both. :lmao: That way everyone is happy.
:dogdance:

Just FYI, my niece got the hot dog and everyone who tried it really liked it and declared it their favorite hot dog in the parks. It was mainly because of the breading wrapped around it was just a little bit sweet and really had a good texture.

Ok so here is my other question....we are definitely doing satu’li canteen! In our other day, would you do Tusker House for breakfast or flame tree for lunch?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter