Flame tree or satu’li canteen

Satuli wins because of the AC indoors eating. We love both of their food but Animal Kingdom gets very very hot and muggy in July for us lol

Flame Tree was hands down our worst meal of the trip...we got the large meal to share and it was barely enough for just my husband. 3 fatty rib bones and a chicken thigh with about 4 bites each of coleslaw and baked beans, all of which were just mediocre. It was MAYBE 7 bucks worth of food for 17 bucks. We got the BBQ fries and they were decent, we would've much rather had 2 of those. I should've sent it back, it didn't look anything like the picture I had seen previously.

On the other side, Satu'li was probably our favorite QS. The food was unique and fresh and tasted amazing. We got a bowl and cheeseburger pods and the dessert thing (can't think of the name) and loved it all.

Ate at Satuli this week. The cheeseburger pods were great. We’d definitely eat here again instead of Flame Tree, our once go to restaurant.

DD and I usually share a quick service meal for lunch, so often eat at Flame Tree. How are the portion sizes at Satu'li? Could we share a bowl for lunch? Between the heat in August and wanting to snack in the afternoon, we don't eat a whole lot, but we do need to eat something!

DD and I usually share a quick service meal for lunch, so often eat at Flame Tree. How are the portion sizes at Satu'li? Could we share a bowl for lunch? Between the heat in August and wanting to snack in the afternoon, we don't eat a whole lot, but we do need to eat something!
It really depends on how much you eat.

If it was the only thing you were going to eat for lunch, then I would say no.

My husband and I shared a bowl, but we also an hour or so later, split another meal.

The portions are pretty good. You could probably share, but it's not as large as, say, a Flame Tree combo rib/chicken plate or something. But certainly at least as filling, if not more so, than the usual sized QS entree.

The portions are pretty good. You could probably share, but it's not as large as, say, a Flame Tree combo rib/chicken plate or something. But certainly at least as filling, if not more so, than the usual sized QS entree.

Thanks! On the DDP we'll each have 2 snacks a day, also, so I'm not really worried about going too hungry- I can always get a frozen banana! :banana: (man, I love those things)!

Satu'li is good because it "sits well" in the Florida heat IMO. I would say you could split one, esp if you get any kind of accompaniment like dessert, the only part of the bowl that may be a little small is the protein portion. A bowl was a bit too much for me to eat and be comfortable, and I did have plenty (of the base) leftover, if my hubby was there we could have split one and split dessert and been plenty happy. When I go back, if I'm by myself I may get a kid's size bowl instead.

Satu'li is good because it "sits well" in the Florida heat IMO. I would say you could split one, esp if you get any kind of accompaniment like dessert, the only part of the bowl that may be a little small is the protein portion. A bowl was a bit too much for me to eat and be comfortable, and I did have plenty (of the base) leftover, if my hubby was there we could have split one and split dessert and been plenty happy. When I go back, if I'm by myself I may get a kid's size bowl instead.
I thought that there was a LOT of chicken in my bowl. Probably just as much as the "base" hash.

We used to eat at Flame Tree every time we went to AK. On our last two trips, we have eaten at Satu'li. The food is very fresh and I love eating indoors at lunch. The dessert is also very good there. We will go to Satu'li on our next trip without hesitation.

I thought that there was a LOT of chicken in my bowl. Probably just as much as the "base" hash.

I have to agree with Mome Rath, if we had received more protein in the bowl, it would have been easier to share. Maybe we should order the chicken next time, rather than the beef.

Ok so here is my other question....we are definitely doing satu’li canteen! In our other day, would you do Tusker House for breakfast or flame tree for lunch?

I would eat something light in the morning and do Tusker House for the last breakfast seating available... for “brunch”.

Maybe I got a stingy castmember that day... :worried: Or, it could have been that I had the quinoa and salad base (which they don't have now) and there was a lot of it. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!