Flew down, camped in tent, no vehicle?

jwill

Hockey playing Fly Boy
:bounce: I am just curious. Has anyone ever flown down, taken shuttle to Fw then camped in tent?

I am not saying I am going to do this but it is something I would consider for a second trip.

Has anyone had any problems with the security of their tent and or belongings while camping at Fw?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3-87 Offsite
7-87 Offsite
7-00 DL
7-01 Poly

When I stay at FW I always tent camp and I've never had a proplem with my belongings either from human or animal invaders. You should have no problems. I think I've done this about 10 times.

I've done it a few times without problems. To play safe I leave my airline tickets at the Reception Outpost in one of their safe deposit boxes and have any "big/expensive" gifts shipped from the Disney stores home. I keep my cameras with me in the parks. If you'd like to, read through my website on the last trip I spent at Ft Wilderness when I did this without a car. Copy & paste http://communities.msn.com/MyWaltDisneyWorldTrip into your browser to get there.

I did the very thing you are talking about in December!!

I had two very large duffle bags with my gear and clothes and my folding arm chair.

I brought two small tents (one for me, one for my gear),
a sunshade/rainfly
air mattress,
linens,
necessary clothing,
shower necessities
two battery lanterns
flashlight
luggage locks that I put through the zipper pulls on my tents when I was away.
I didn't have any expensive items with me, and my airline ticket was an electronic ticket.

I arrived at Ft. Wilderness late at night. They had no problem with taking me by van to my campsite. They even stayed at the campsite with the van lights on until I found my battery lantern.

On my checkout day, after all my gear was packed up, I just went to the house phone at the bath house and asked for a pickup. A van came right away. Ft. Wilderness stored my luggage just like any other WDW resort.

The only thing I might have done differently is ask if there was a campsite closer to the bath house. I noticed the next morning there were lots of empty campsites, but late at night in the dark, it was harder to tell.

Also bring a long extension cord (at least 20 feet) and a small fan. Even in the cooler temperatures, the humidity is high. My bed sheets seemed to be not quite dry even after having the tent windows rolled down all day.

I had all my purchases delivered to Meadows Trading Post and waited until the last morning to pick them up.

Hope this helps!!!

Thanks for the posts, the info was great and convinced me to try this. I just booked and am flying down and camping solo in Dec from the 16-20th. This will be a great adventure provided airline doesn't loose my camping gear.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3-87 Offsite
7-87 Offsite
7-00 DL
7-01 Poly
7-02 WL
Dec FW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter