Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

I wonder if I was to get these for the family and start payments on line. If I could make a reservation before I activate the pass at the park.
So if I bought online and started the payments say in June and wanted to make a reservation for a August trip if I could and have the pass start from the August date for 1 year. Or would it start in July when I make the reservation if possible.

I wonder if I was to get these for the family and start payments on line. If I could make a reservation before I activate the pass at the park.
So if I bought online and started the payments say in June and wanted to make a reservation for a August trip if I could and have the pass start from the August date for 1 year. Or would it start in July when I make the reservation if possible.
It would be nice if it worked like Universal where you could schedule your first day when you buy the tickets.

Ok. So I have june 5 reservations for galaxys edge. It’s a reservation day for Disneyland. so I do not want to buy the flex pass and be blacked out that day. Can I buy a regular pass and upgrade at the end of the night on June 5

Ok. So I have june 5 reservations for galaxys edge. It’s a reservation day for Disneyland. so I do not want to buy the flex pass and be blacked out that day. Can I buy a regular pass and upgrade at the end of the night on June 5
You should be able to since you can do that now currently with the other passes.

For me personally, the issue is being able to get the reservation last minute. I rarely know if I'm going to DL 30 days in advance. Will you have to be on at midnight (or whatever time) exactly 30 days in advance to get a reservation? Or will I be able to make one 3 days in advance if I decide I want to go this weekend?

I had a SoCal pass for 2 years and a Signature pass for 3 years (or the other way around...). I let it lapse in October of last year because I got busier and it got so much more expensive. Seems like they're trying to draw back people like me.
I wonder if they’ll let current Deluxe passholders switch to this one.

The hotels have SO MUCH AVAILABILITY this summer. And I don’t personally know a single Deluxe or SoCal passholder who renewed. They all let their passes lapse. This option definitely speaks to some concern on Disney’s part...
The Deluxe pass blockouts this summer and fall are insulting for how much that pass costs now.

I wouldn’t like having to stress over getting a reservation. I don’t plan my visits 30 days out.

What would be the scenario for this pass for an out of state person? I have a Signature and my daughter has a deluxe. We don't normally go during the summer and just go when both of us are open and during the weekdays. (use mine for the parking and the bigger discount)
We always plan months out. I would not want for it to be "iffy" if we could get in or not.

This makes me excited to get a pass again. I like the cheaper option for people who won't be able to visit as much. Is there any talk on how much to add max pass to it? I am going to the park May 19th to May 21st. Can I upgrade my ticket to this pass?

This makes me excited to get a pass again. I like the cheaper option for people who won't be able to visit as much. Is there any talk on how much to add max pass to it? I am going to the park May 19th to May 21st. Can I upgrade my ticket to this pass?
I would think adding Max Pass would cost the same as adding it to any other AP.

Having just purchased 2 day tickets for the opening of SWGE, I might be tempted to upgrade to these passes before I leave. I wonder how hard it will be to get reservations, I wouldn't be able to make many "Good to Go" days and being 4 hours away I would need to book Sat-Sun to make the trip down worth it. I wish I had more than 10 days worth of experience (during a crazy time for the parks) to make a decision

What would be the scenario for this pass for an out of state person? I have a Signature and my daughter has a deluxe. We don't normally go during the summer and just go when both of us are open and during the weekdays. (use mine for the parking and the bigger discount)
We always plan months out. I would not want for it to be "iffy" if we could get in or not.
I think the best idea for that would be when your visit has 2 of the reservation days and the rest are guaranteed days. Or if you get guaranteed admission to DCA on some days and can use the reservations for your DL days. Big benefit would be for the summer when Deluxe is entirely blocked out of Disneyland, but you would need to really look at your potential travel dates to see if it makes sense. Also maybe keeping track of how quickly reservations fill up for dates. Maybe at the beginning they will still have reservations available every day? Or keeping track of cancellations; like for hard to get ADRs (especially at WDW)-if you try the night before there is more potential to book them because people change plans and cancel them to avoid the no-show fee.

This is very interesting, What I really want to know, is can you book multiple days under one res, or is each day a singe res? This would be a good choice for someone looking to spend 10 days over 2 weeks in the parks.

This is very interesting, What I really want to know, is can you book multiple days under one res, or is each day a singe res? This would be a good choice for someone looking to spend 10 days over 2 weeks in the parks.
It seems pretty clear a reservation is for a day. You can book two at a time. The only way this would work for someone on a 10 day trip during reservation windows is if they were willing to be flexible and know they may not get in every day.

For me personally, the issue is being able to get the reservation last minute. I rarely know if I'm going to DL 30 days in advance. Will you have to be on at midnight (or whatever time) exactly 30 days in advance to get a reservation? Or will I be able to make one 3 days in advance if I decide I want to go this weekend?

I had a SoCal pass for 2 years and a Signature pass for 3 years (or the other way around...). I let it lapse in October of last year because I got busier and it got so much more expensive. Seems like they're trying to draw back people like me.
Our passes don't expire until August, so we have time to watch how this plays out.

Actually, I think it could work well for us if reservations aren't too hard to get. I know we mostly visit on Saturdays, so we would need reservations, luckily as I said our passes don't expire until August, so we have time to watch how it plays out.

It is definitely one reservation per day, but what isn't clear is if you want a reservation for both parks, is that one or two reservations?

It is definitely one reservation per day, but what isn't clear is if you want a reservation for both parks, is that one or two reservations?
That’s a good question. When it said you can make a reservation for one or both parks, combined with the fact that the DL and DCA dates are different, I am getting the impression that a reservation is one day at one park, so if that’s the case, one day at both parks would be two reservations.

The only reason I will keep my Deluxe is because I have hotel and SWGE reservations for June 17-19 and I'm not willing to not get a flex reservation for those days. Oh well!

That’s a good question. When it said you can make a reservation for one or both parks, combined with the fact that the DL and DCA dates are different, I am getting the impression that a reservation is one day at one park, so if that’s the case, one day at both parks would be two reservations.
And then also, can you add parking and/or Maxpass?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!