Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

I think best case scenario is opening the week of April 13. More realistically, end of April at least.

April 13 would be amazing... we are supposed to celebrate my daughter’s birthday at Disneyland on April 15 and a milestone bday for me on 4/27. However, we are preparing her that the celebrations will probably be pushed to May or June, so there is minimal disappointment.

Has anyone heard if they will be extending the length of our APs by the number of days of the closure? I think I heard that’s what happened overseas but hadn’t seen any mention of that here....

Has anyone heard if they will be extending the length of our APs by the number of days of the closure? I think I heard that’s what happened overseas but hadn’t seen any mention of that here....
I've seen tweets that the Asian parks and WDW will be extending their APs by the length of their closures. No official word yet from DLR about their APs. Many, many of us are waiting...
Keep watching here (Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure, 3/14/20 - 3/31/20: Please Post All Questions and Information Here!) for updates.

I think at this point, whether Disney extends their AP's is the least thing to worry about. They'll extend them, guaranteed. They have bigger issues to deal with, and the extremely bad goodwill they would generate by denying AP's the access they paid for is not worth it for them.

A bigger question is how they will handle blockout dates. The date restrictions on some passes may prevent many with lower passes from being able to visit the parks since it might be May or June by the time this situation resolves itself.

I've seen tweets that the Asian parks and WDW will be extending their APs by the length of their closures. No official word yet from DLR about their APs. Many, many of us are waiting...
Keep watching here (Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure, 3/14/20 - 3/31/20: Please Post All Questions and Information Here!) for updates.

When news comes out could you post a sticky superpost on the extensions? That closure thread is growing insanely fast and while I'll try to keep an eye on it, the info might get lost there pretty quick, especially when talking about a bunch of different types of passes and how that will be handled...

I'm starting to dial in my Halloween trip and right now my Flex pass expires on Oct 18th (which means I would be there Oct 10th to the 18th) but I would MUCH rather be there the following week (a little closer to Halloween and hopefully a couple degrees cooler :P). I'm hesitant to book travel now, even though Delta is allowing one free change on flights if they're booked in March 2020 (for travel will like 2021!), but mine is already a change from a full fare refundable flight and I'm not sure if that would still count as a "new flight" being booked in March...

Hopefully Disney makes a comment soon!

I just went ahead and booked Easter day. I was going to be coming back from a Disney cruise that day, but won't be getting on the ship. The 2 days before Easter were showing as not available (for both parks).

When news comes out could you post a sticky superpost on the extensions? That closure thread is growing insanely fast and while I'll try to keep an eye on it, the info might get lost there pretty quick, especially when talking about a bunch of different types of passes and how that will be handled...
An email went out yesterday to APs and there is an official announcement about the pass extensions on the AP twitter page.

Has anyone's extension date of their Flex Pass changed yet? I'm hearing some people say that their expiration date has already changed, but I haven't heard what type of pass. Our Flex passes expire 8/14 and haven't changed. Just curious. :-)

Has anyone's extension date of their Flex Pass changed yet? I'm hearing some people say that their expiration date has already changed, but I haven't heard what type of pass. Our Flex passes expire 8/14 and haven't changed. Just curious. :-)

We have four passes in our family. Three different levels. Three different expiration dates. Only our passes with expiration dates during the current projected closure have been extended. I suspect they may choose only to extend passes that expire during the closure until they reopen. Then they can extend the remaining APs appropriately based on the actual length of the closure.

I have a FlexPass that expires on Oct 18th and it hasn't been extended (yet). I'm sure hoping the FlexPass counts as one that will get extended and that it's automatic. I was planning an October trip anyway, but now I might be able to push it back to closer to Halloween (my reason for going anyway)! This might actually work out perfectly for me.... now just if airfare and hotels drop prices to make sure they fill capacity :P

I have a FlexPass that expires on Oct 18th and it hasn't been extended (yet). I'm sure hoping the FlexPass counts as one that will get extended and that it's automatic. I was planning an October trip anyway, but now I might be able to push it back to closer to Halloween (my reason for going anyway)! This might actually work out perfectly for me.... now just if airfare and hotels drop prices to make sure they fill capacity :P
Ours expire in September. I think the extension will be added on when they know for sure how long they are going to be closed. It will likely be longer than originally estimated.

The email they sent was clear, if your pass has dates that are valid during the closure, your pass will be extended in a manner that will give you the same number of valid dates. Since the Flex Pass is valid during all dates (some with reservations) during the closure, the Flex pass will be extended (again some days with reservations required) by the number of days the parks are closed.

I think the reason they worded it the way they did is some pass levels may be completely blocked during the closure period anyway, so it doesn't affect them and they won't need to be extended. Additionally, depending on the reopening date, if they simply certain passes by the number of days the parks were closed, then they may not get any additional usable days due to black out dates.

They also stated that they the passes will show the extensions before the parks reopen, but I would imagine they are holding off right now to prevent having to issue the extensions multiple times.

I wonder how this will work with flex passes since they are closed during some "good to go" days. My pass expires July 12, so extending it helps, but all of those summer days are reservation required days.

I wonder how this will work with flex passes since they are closed during some "good to go" days. My pass expires July 12, so extending it helps, but all of those summer days are reservation required days.
That is probably another reason why none of us with Flex passes have seen expiration dates change yet, they are probably trying to figure out how to do it and keep it fair.

The fact that you can make a Reservation at both parks on any day between April 1 & April 17, tells you all you need to know about how many people still really believe the parks are going to be open by then. A few days ago, some days were booked in early April.

The fact that you can make a Reservation at both parks on any day between April 1 & April 17, tells you all you need to know about how many people still really believe the parks are going to be open by then. A few days ago, some days were booked in early April.
I am willing to make a reservation on the off chance the parks might be open, because if they are, I know the parks will be very quiet for a while and I will be able to ride pretty much anything that is open with very low crowd levels.

We bought our flex passes in November, and when we went at that time, at least 2 of the days we went were good to go dates, so it worked out fine. Now we're planning a summer trip, where all the days require reservations. I'm just now realizing that only being able to have 2 reservations at at time is a BIG downside. We like to go 3 or 4 days. We have flights scheduled as such. What's the chances of not getting a reservation for the other days of our trip if we have to wait til we use the first day to make another reservation, and so on?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter