Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

gelatoni fan

DIS Veteran
Joined
Mar 18, 2018
7AM Pacific time. But you cannot make a reservation for May at all because Disneyland is not planning to be open yet.
It's best to restart your app or browser after 7AM because there can be errors if you don't.
 

mentos

Minty fresh happy haunts
Joined
Aug 19, 2017
7AM Pacific time. But you cannot make a reservation for May at all because Disneyland is not planning to be open yet.
It's best to restart your app or browser after 7AM because there can be errors if you don't.
sometimes 7:05, because I kept obsessively trying from 7:00:00 once, but definitely start at 7 if you really need a particular date
 

twodogs

DIS Veteran
Joined
Apr 20, 2012
So is the app just sequentially blocking out each day on a rolling 30 days in advance schedule until they hit 6/1/20 and open up reservations again? I know that is the date that they are allowing hotel reservations to start from.
 
  • socaldisneylover

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    May 21, 2019
    So is the app just sequentially blocking out each day on a rolling 30 days in advance schedule until they hit 6/1/20 and open up reservations again? I know that is the date that they are allowing hotel reservations to start from.
    There's no way they're going to be open on June 1, 2020.
     

    twodogs

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Apr 20, 2012
    There's no way they're going to be open on June 1, 2020.
    I agree that June 1 is unlikely, but I mentioned that date since that is the date that DLR allowed hotel reservations to resume when they canceled everyone’s reservations for March/April/May. I just wondered if they are just rolling the block one day at a time right now. All of May was not blocked until it just keeps going away and marking out, one day at a time.
     

    kevryan

    Earning My Ears
    Joined
    Nov 6, 2011
    So is the app just sequentially blocking out each day on a rolling 30 days in advance schedule until they hit 6/1/20 and open up reservations again? I know that is the date that they are allowing hotel reservations to start from.
    Be interesting to see what happens a few days into May and if it continues to keep rolling over day by day. We've got tickets to a concert at the Greek Theater on May 30th and we were planning on a short Disney visit at the same time.
     

    AndrewC

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    May 6, 2019
    Be interesting to see what happens a few days into May and if it continues to keep rolling over day by day. We've got tickets to a concert at the Greek Theater on May 30th and we were planning on a short Disney visit at the same time.
    I’m crossing my fingers for you because May 30th opening would mean plenty of time for operations to spin back up fully for a Halloween trip! However, realistically there is a high chance you won’t be going to Disney, or the concert. The Orange County Fair was just canceled (normally takes place at the end of July) and there’s at least one news outlet that is suggesting Disney won’t open until at least January 2021.

    I’ve been holding out October would be late enough in the year that things would be normal... but it’s getting harder to be hopeful each day :-/
     
  • Peachy0118

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Dec 18, 2019
    I’m crossing my fingers for you because May 30th opening would mean plenty of time for operations to spin back up fully for a Halloween trip! However, realistically there is a high chance you won’t be going to Disney, or the concert. The Orange County Fair was just canceled (normally takes place at the end of July) and there’s at least one news outlet that is suggesting Disney won’t open until at least January 2021.

    I’ve been holding out October would be late enough in the year that things would be normal... but it’s getting harder to be hopeful each day :-/
    Not to be even more of a downer, but a lot of scientists are predicting a spike in cases again in the fall as restrictions likely open up in public places. Which means things will close again...

    They're basing that, it seems, on other viruses and epidemics, most notably The Spanish Flu, so who knows what will actually happen. But our trip in November may go the way of the trip we had booked over Easter...
     

    kevryan

    Earning My Ears
    Joined
    Nov 6, 2011
    I’m crossing my fingers for you because May 30th opening would mean plenty of time for operations to spin back up fully for a Halloween trip! However, realistically there is a high chance you won’t be going to Disney, or the concert. The Orange County Fair was just canceled (normally takes place at the end of July) and there’s at least one news outlet that is suggesting Disney won’t open until at least January 2021.

    I’ve been holding out October would be late enough in the year that things would be normal... but it’s getting harder to be hopeful each day :-/
    I been sort of surprised that they haven't canceled the concert yet. Expecting to hear that any day now.
     

    IsleofDisney

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Sep 2, 2019
    Here's couple questions I have in case anyone has found the answers for this: If a FlexPass holder opts for the expiration date extension, what happens to the days that were reserved prior to park closure and fell in the time frame of the closure? For example I had a reservation for March 15, which I booked in February, if I opt to extend the expiration date does that reserved day become a Good To Go day or can it extend my expiration date by one more day? I imagine that when Park reservation days open up, there will be a mad dash to reserve days and to have a GtoG day in place of a reservation required would be nice to have.

    Also, has anyone tried to get a partial refund on their FlexPass? I was considering upgrading my FlexPass to a Signature, to add parking and additional discounts, and getting a partial refund might help with the cost difference. How does DLR calculate the refund for the Reservation Required days versus the GtoG days?
     

    theluckyrabbit

    Moderator
    Moderator
    Joined
    Jul 23, 2012
    ... there’s at least one news outlet that is suggesting Disney won’t open until at least January 2021...
    Repeatedly posting about an unofficial report from one financial analyst from one bank in Switzerland does not make it official or accurate. That report/story has already been discussed and disregarded on several threads on the DIS. You have been answered about this already in a different thread. People should not be making or cancelling plans based on one unofficial speculation from an unofficial source.
     
  • montreid

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Feb 24, 2013
    Well our Gov went from weeks to days on his messaging today, so you never know. If trend lines continue a downward push despite reopening venues over May, i can see a July 4th target. June? nah.
     

    abent

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Jun 7, 2009
    I know we don’t have dates yet, however I am so hopefull for an October and December trip that I have booked hotels. This being said...is anyone else nervous about not being able to reserve their dates for the flex pass? I have never went thru the process, and am anxious about being able to secure my dates, when they do finally open, and I am within my timeline.
     

    twodogs

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Apr 20, 2012
    I tried to book 6/1 for the flex pass today right at 7am. Nothing available. I know we all doubt that they will be open 6/1, but this was the day that they allowed rescheduled hotel reservations to start when all of the March/April/May reservations were canceled. Did anyone get a reservation this morning for DL (DCA is GTG that day)? Or did they just block it immediately since they don’t think they will be open?
     

    IsleofDisney

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Sep 2, 2019
    I tried to book 6/1 for the flex pass today right at 7am. Nothing available. I know we all doubt that they will be open 6/1, but this was the day that they allowed rescheduled hotel reservations to start when all of the March/April/May reservations were canceled. Did anyone get a reservation this morning for DL (DCA is GTG that day)? Or did they just block it immediately since they don’t think they will be open?
    I also tried at 7 am and again at 7:30 am, both were blocked out. I can make dining reservations for June though. I made one for Cafe Orleans on June 3, if Disney cancels the reservation then the park probably won't be open yet.
    I had reserved dining at Carthay Circle for May 16 when the closures were first announced, closure dates were through April 30. Disney cancelled this reservation on April 24.
     

    twodogs

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Apr 20, 2012
    I also tried at 7 am and again at 7:30 am, both were blocked out. I can make dining reservations for June though. I made one for Cafe Orleans on June 3, if Disney cancels the reservation then the park probably won't be open yet.
    I had reserved dining at Carthay Circle for May 16 when the closures were first announced, closure dates were through April 30. Disney cancelled this reservation on April 24.
    Thanks for replying so quickly. I just think they blocked it out and didn’t let anyone book since they know they will almost certainly be closed. But then why let people make dining reservations?? I don’t understand all that they are doing but then again, they may not either. I had pretty much lost hope that we would be going in June, but to me, this indicates that DLR has also lost hope of opening by then. So I guess it is yet another GCH reservation that I will be re-booking (I have already moved this trip from mid March, to Easter, to early June and now to ??).
     

    IsleofDisney

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Sep 2, 2019
    Thanks for replying so quickly. I just think they blocked it out and didn’t let anyone book since they know they will almost certainly be closed. But then why let people make dining reservations?? I don’t understand all that they are doing but then again, they may not either. I had pretty much lost hope that we would be going in June, but to me, this indicates that DLR has also lost hope of opening by then. So I guess it is yet another GCH reservation that I will be re-booking (I have already moved this trip from mid March, to Easter, to early June and now to ??).
    Ugh, I'm bummed for you @twodogs and for so many others that had their Disney vacation postponed or canceled! I hope they make your re-booking part 2 processs an easy one.
    It is weird that ADRs are open though, maybe getting a headcount for food prep is needed long before they need a headcount for general park staffing?
     

    IsleofDisney

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Sep 2, 2019
    Here's couple questions I have in case anyone has found the answers for this: If a FlexPass holder opts for the expiration date extension, what happens to the days that were reserved prior to park closure and fell in the time frame of the closure? For example I had a reservation for March 15, which I booked in February, if I opt to extend the expiration date does that reserved day become a Good To Go day or can it extend my expiration date by one more day? I imagine that when Park reservation days open up, there will be a mad dash to reserve days and to have a GtoG day in place of a reservation required would be nice to have.

    Also, has anyone tried to get a partial refund on their FlexPass? I was considering upgrading my FlexPass to a Signature, to add parking and additional discounts, and getting a partial refund might help with the cost difference. How does DLR calculate the refund for the Reservation Required days versus the GtoG days?
    I just spoke with an AP Member Services CM about my questions mentioned above, here goes:

    1) Any dates reserved that fell within the impact period, March 14 -?, are now Null & Void even if it was reserved prior to park closure due to COVID-19.These reservations won't extend a Flex AP expiration nor will it convert a Reservation Only day to a Good To Go Day.
    2) For those with a fully paid AP, the amount of partial refund depends on The Date The Park Reopens and will take into account whether it's a Signature, Flex, SoCal Select etc. The amount of refund is unknown until The Date The Park Reopens. I guess this applies to those on monthly payment plan too.

    Extra: The CM said once Disney knows The Date The Park Reopens, they will send an email giving a deadline when APs MUST notify them if they want a partial refund. If you don't notify them prior to the deadline, your pass expiration date will automatically be extended based on the number of days in the impact period. Be on the lookout for this email if you're on the fence like me, of whether to do a partial refund or extension.

    If anyone else can confirm this from another CM, that'd be awesome!

    Bottom line is everything depends on knowing when The Date the Park Reopens 🤷
     

    ZCarroll

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    May 5, 2011
    Extra: The CM said once Disney knows The Date The Park Reopens, they will send an email giving a deadline when APs MUST notify them if they want a partial refund. If you don't notify them prior to the deadline, your pass expiration date will automatically be extended based on the number of days in the impact period. Be on the lookout for this email if you're on the fence like me, of whether to do a partial refund or extension.
    Thank you so much for this information! Do you know or did you ask if there will be any partial refund for the maxpass add on portion?
     





    Connect

    Disney News and Updates





    SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.






    Top