Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

Dang!! It now looks like with a Flex Pass you can't get it until the 20th!
Since reservations aren't open yet, they seem to be just making each day unavailable 30 days out. I've been watching it since the 16th and the same thing has happened every day--that day in July has been added as 'unavailable.'

So I'm the only one in my family that will have an active AP when Disneyland reopens. They expired in April, May and June. Can those be renewed? I dont see the point of going alone until they start selling APs again

So I'm the only one in my family that will have an active AP when Disneyland reopens. They expired in April, May and June. Can those be renewed? I dont see the point of going alone until they start selling APs again
Were the passes paid in full or on the monthly payment plan? If they were paid in full they will automatically be extended the days between the closure and the expiration date. You had to call for an extension on passes that were on a monthly payment plan.

Were the passes paid in full or on the monthly payment plan? If they were paid in full they will automatically be extended the days between the closure and the expiration date. You had to call for an extension on passes that were on a monthly payment plan.

They were monthly payment. I just didn't think ahead that they would stop selling them when they opened. Oh well

They were monthly payment. I just didn't think ahead that they would stop selling them when they opened. Oh well

I believe you can still call and extend them. I called to extend mine (also on monthly payments) last week and they said that we had until the last week in June to get the extension applied. I need to call back though because my passes still show that they are expiring next week even though I requested the extension.

I believe you can still call and extend them. I called to extend mine (also on monthly payments) last week and they said that we had until the last week in June to get the extension applied. I need to call back though because my passes still show that they are expiring next week even though I requested the extension.
They haven't updated any expiration dates yet for Disneyland. I have a premier pass and my updated expiration is only showing in the WDW app so far.

Is anyone else worried or at least curious as to what AP options will be available after all of this? i had originally chose to have a refund for park closure time, but am second guessing myself. I am worried that AP’s might no longer be available, or change drastically.

Have any Flex Pass AP holders who canceled the remainder of their pass by phone received their prorated refunds yet? Just wondering if I missed an announcement on when that would happen. Thanks!

Is anyone else worried or at least curious as to what AP options will be available after all of this? i had originally chose to have a refund for park closure time, but am second guessing myself. I am worried that AP’s might no longer be available, or change drastically.
I wouldn't say we are 'worried' about our AP options. We've already accepted too many "kick in the teeth" actions over the many years. The future may be uncertain ... but of this I am certain: I can survive w/out Disneyland. Yeah, the first few weeks felt like an eternity; yes, we look forward to returning; and yet we are living, breathing and functioning without the Parks.

To me this area falls under the "what will be, will be." I'll have to accept, adjust, as needed.

Although I have read a lot of people who are trying to get park reservations for WDW are having problems getting in or not getting all the days they want, there have also been plenty who have had no issues and these are annual passholders.

So I was told something interesting when I spoke to someone in AP monthly payments today. According to him and his supervisor, on May 22 Disney set all monthly paying APs for people who hadn't already made the choice to extend to option 1 (the refund for March 14-April 4 payment, payments will resume once park is open and pass will expire on regular date with no extension for closure choice). However, it's still possible to call and request the extension. He called this a one-time "allowance" by Disney — even though I pointed out Disney never communicated a deadline for making the choice on either its website or AP emails. So I think calling it an allowance or exemption is a bit much. But if anyone wants the extension, I'd suggest calling ASAP just to be safe. I called the AP line to do this last week, but had to wait for the monthly payments line to open today to have it applied. And my pass expires in July, so I don't know if this applies to passes that already expired during the closure. But even though I knew option 1 is what Disney said they'd default to, I got nervous when I realized it had already been done. (Truthfully, how the CM communicated it was part of it and why I got a bit panicky. Luckily our communication improved from there on.)

Although I have read a lot of people who are trying to get park reservations for WDW are having problems getting in or not getting all the days they want, there have also been plenty who have had no issues and these are annual passholders.

Yes, but those APs also had Hotel Reservations. APs without Hotel reservations are locked out for a few more days. Right now, only DHS is booked up (7/15-7/17). Everything else is available. It will be interesting to see how long that lasts once it opens to APs without hotel.

We have a Flex Pass and were already struggling with the 2 day cap. Who knows what this will look like for DL, but I am very concerned reservations will be very hard to come by. We extended our passes in the hopes of going before the end of the summer. Hopefully, we will get an idea of what the DL version of the reservations system will look soon.

Yes, but those APs also had Hotel Reservations. APs without Hotel reservations are locked out for a few more days. Right now, only DHS is booked up (7/15-7/17). Everything else is available. It will be interesting to see how long that lasts once it opens to APs without hotel.

We have a Flex Pass and were already struggling with the 2 day cap. Who knows what this will look like for DL, but I am very concerned reservations will be very hard to come by. We extended our passes in the hopes of going before the end of the summer. Hopefully, we will get an idea of what the DL version of the reservations system will look soon.
I'm hoping with fewer resorts it will not be that bad. I purchased the FP last year but have yet to activate it. I called and was told I can have the last two payments taken out and have a full year pass or I can choose to have a 10 month pass and no additional payments will be charged. Since I will not go every month once it opens, I chose the 10 month option. To be honest, I will probably wait until things are more back to normal to activate my passes and will possibly attend a special ticketed event if they still have those to get my fix. I want to have full use of my AP without restrictions.

This worries me too. We are also Flex Pass, so usually plan our weekends to fly in late (usually Friday), do 2 park days, fly out midday on last day (usually Mondays) and so if we can get a few hours in the morning, great, if not that's okay it is a resort/shopping/day.
But if I have VGC reservations for September and November, and it only lets me book 2 days does that mean I only get one or the other? And can I not try to reserve my July trip since it is before the Grand opens even though I already have plane tickets since I had VGC reservations that they cancelled?
Right now we're just talking about how to prioritize dates and what we are willing to give up.

Hoping that reservations will be more like Flex Pass and they'll let people book only 30 days/time rather than the year+ they are allowing for WDW.

So I was told something interesting when I spoke to someone in AP monthly payments today. According to him and his supervisor, on May 22 Disney set all monthly paying APs for people who hadn't already made the choice to extend to option 1 (the refund for March 14-April 4 payment, payments will resume once park is open and pass will expire on regular date with no extension for closure choice). However, it's still possible to call and request the extension. He called this a one-time "allowance" by Disney — even though I pointed out Disney never communicated a deadline for making the choice on either its website or AP emails. So I think calling it an allowance or exemption is a bit much. But if anyone wants the extension, I'd suggest calling ASAP just to be safe. I called the AP line to do this last week, but had to wait for the monthly payments line to open today to have it applied. And my pass expires in July, so I don't know if this applies to passes that already expired during the closure. But even though I knew option 1 is what Disney said they'd default to, I got nervous when I realized it had already been done. (Truthfully, how the CM communicated it was part of it and why I got a bit panicky. Luckily our communication improved from there on.)

Do your passes still show them expiring in July even though you extended them? My passes expire on July 6th and even though I called last week to extend the passes (option 2) they still show that they expire in July with a notification that "your passes expire soon" on the annual pass page. I'm worried that once they "expire" I won't be able to make any reservations until that gets cleared up. It was a two hour hold time the last time I called....so I'm dreading calling back.

Do your passes still show them expiring in July even though you extended them? My passes expire on July 6th and even though I called last week to extend the passes (option 2) they still show that they expire in July with a notification that "your passes expire soon" on the annual pass page. I'm worried that once they "expire" I won't be able to make any reservations until that gets cleared up. It was a two hour hold time the last time I called....so I'm dreading calling back.
Yes, mine still show the July expiration date. I was told they won't be extending dates (even for expired passes where they know the time frame involved) until after details for park opening are confirmed and announced. Or it might start happening right before the announcement is made. (I believe that's similar to what they did for WDW, where suddenly extensions started appearing in people's accounts?) The CM I spoke with also said that should those details not be known yet by the time my pass expires, not to worry if my pass disappears on the app and website. If it disappears, it "should" reappear with the new expiration once they've applied the extension. But if it doesn't before the reservation system begins, then I'd need to call. Since renewals are currently paused, he said I'd have to wait on that as well.

I’ve lost track of the changes with APs and everything because I was excited my pass would be extended and I could do my late October trip making use of the extra couple weeks.

However, now with cases going up and Disney having to push off their opening, I’m starting to get a little concerned that even by October things might still be pretty bad...

It’s useless for me to have a pass expire in February or March (original was expiring early October) because I usually only do one fall/Halloween trip down there every year. Would it still be possible to request a prorated refund on a fully paid FlexPass? Or did the “refund request” window close?

(Honestly I’m kinda ok with the refund too, I bought the pass because I needed 6 days last October and the pass was basically the same price or hardly any more. I thought maybe I could squeeze two yearly trips into one pass by moving my travel date forward a couple weeks to the start of October. Not ideal time for me, but if it saved $600 heck ya... Getting a refund would be like I actually got a discount on last years ticket :P)

I’ve lost track of the changes with APs and everything because I was excited my pass would be extended and I could do my late October trip making use of the extra couple weeks.

However, now with cases going up and Disney having to push off their opening, I’m starting to get a little concerned that even by October things might still be pretty bad...

It’s useless for me to have a pass expire in February or March (original was expiring early October) because I usually only do one fall/Halloween trip down there every year. Would it still be possible to request a prorated refund on a fully paid FlexPass? Or did the “refund request” window close?

(Honestly I’m kinda ok with the refund too, I bought the pass because I needed 6 days last October and the pass was basically the same price or hardly any more. I thought maybe I could squeeze two yearly trips into one pass by moving my travel date forward a couple weeks to the start of October. Not ideal time for me, but if it saved $600 heck ya... Getting a refund would be like I actually got a discount on last years ticket :P)
Call them tomorrow. You won't know anything until you call them. I would think you should still be able to request the refund. Let us know what happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!