Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

I know there have been very limited "Reservation Unavailable" dates so far, but the Rise of the Resistance opening has me a little concerned that this otherwise low-demand weekend will be unexpectedly popular. There are three weekends before February 8/9 for pent-up ROTR demand and President's Day the following weekend (which I assume will be more popular). The odds are really low that we won't be able to get reservations for February 8/9 weekend, right? Since February 10th is a "good to go" day for both parks, I'd be happy enough if we can get at least one of the days as "both parks" and the other just for DCA.
I think you are right to be a little concerned. Ordinarily the chances of a non-holiday February weekend day filling up right when Reservations open up, would be slim. But with Rise Of The Resistance opening, it could complicate things. If it's available, I'd probably book Saturday first, and then the next day, Friday. Saturdays "usually" fill up first. My guess is that you will be o.k., but you should be able to get a good idea for when Reservations open in December for the 1st weekends ROTR is scheduled to be open. If those 1st Saturdays fill up right away, then you may need to be concerned. Theoretically CA Adventure should not be impacted by the ROTR mania, so hopefully you could get a reservation there, even if DL was unavailable.

I think you are right to be a little concerned. Ordinarily the chances of a non-holiday February weekend day filling up right when Reservations open up, would be slim. But with Rise Of The Resistance opening, it could complicate things. If it's available, I'd probably book Saturday first, and then the next day, Friday. Saturdays "usually" fill up first. My guess is that you will be o.k., but you should be able to get a good idea for when Reservations open in December for the 1st weekends ROTR is scheduled to be open. If those 1st Saturdays fill up right away, then you may need to be concerned. Theoretically CA Adventure should not be impacted by the ROTR mania, so hopefully you could get a reservation there, even if DL was unavailable.

Thanks for the input. I'll keep an eye out in December to see how fast the reservations are filling up for the late January weekends and in a worst case scenario I may try to postpone our mother-son trip, although after February we'll start running into spring break issues. We actually need Saturday and Sunday reservations, so I'll definitely try for Saturday first. Luckily both Friday and Monday (which my kids have off from school and my husband has off work in observation of "Lincoln's birthday") are "good to go" days and we should be arriving around 6 p.m. Friday night and can get some park time in then, as well as Monday.

Tomorrow is now a good to go day. I also called passport services and asked why this is happening. Its because there is mass cancellations and they want the most amount of people to go.
Thursday's storm is supposed to be far worse than today's, with rain pretty much nonstop from morning until evening. Given that Thanksgiving Day did not book up to begin with, I'm sure they're a little worried that the park might be empty on a day when they would expect it to be crowded. They want that Parking, Concession & Merchandise Revenue, and every person helps.

Anyone think there’s a chance Friday will open up at any point? Seems like it’s probably not going to rain that day.

How can you tell if a day is “wide open for booking” as you referenced above? When I go to make a reservation, all I can see is which park is available to book which day, with no indication of how many reservations are still available to be booked for a certain park on a certain day?

anecdotally that’s my observation, I’d check in throughout the day and while 11/29 would flip from available to unavailable, 11/28 never wavered in its availability especially after the weather became more certain.

Anyone think there’s a chance Friday will open up at any point? Seems like it’s probably not going to rain that day.
anecdotally that’s my observation, I’d check in throughout the day and while 11/29 would flip from available to unavailable, 11/28 never wavered in its availability especially after the weather became more certain.
My recollection is that Friday was the first day that was unavailable, and then later on Saturday became so too.

I have a reservation for Saturday, but lately have been considering going on Friday as well, but it hasn't opened up anytime I've looked. There is still roughly of 50/50 chance of rain part of the day on Friday, but all the forecasts are now showing that it will definitely be clearing later in the day. This has me thinking that it might not open up again, since people with Flex reservations figure they'll be able to go sometime that day and not deal with the rain. In addition, the fact attendance is down today, and will likely be very low on Thursday, means they are probably expecting many who could not go these days, WILL be there on Friday, so even if there are Flex cancellations, they might have to adjust the total Flex reservations available, to account for those non-Flex visitors who may otherwise have not gone that day.

For a few hours on Tuesday, Friday DCA was available. I’m thinking it won’t open back up.

I just bridged my 5 day parkhoppers to Flex. Great deal but have a question. How often and with how much notice do the green good days turn to need reservation? Ie. If I see a Friday is a good go go and then plan a reservation on a Sat and Sun, if I fly in on Fri to expect to get in the park, when would it likely change to unavailable? Could it change up to the day? Here now and pouring rain!

I just bridged my 5 day parkhoppers to Flex. Great deal but have a question. How often and with how much notice do the green good days turn to need reservation? Ie. If I see a Friday is a good go go and then plan a reservation on a Sat and Sun, if I fly in on Fri to expect to get in the park, when would it likely change to unavailable? Could it change up to the day? Here now and pouring rain!
I think in general they won’t change a good to go to reservation needed once the calendar is published, but they have done the opposite (remove reservation required from a day and make it good to go).

I heard that the Grapevine is closed right now. So glad I decided not to come down this weekend. Weather looks like it will be miserable.

The worst of it will be over tonight. Perhaps some small showers Friday morning. I imagine they'll be able to open the Grapevine by tomorrow. No more rain expected until Monday.

Yeah we are getting hit really bad starting tomorrow in Northern California.

New to the forum. Great resource.

Question: Are Good to Go days always good to go? What's the chance that they become reservation only days? Trying to plan an upcoming visit and wanted to know how reliable Good to Go days are.

Thanks in advance.

New to the forum. Great resource.

Question: Are Good to Go days always good to go? What's the chance that they become reservation only days? Trying to plan an upcoming visit and wanted to know how reliable Good to Go days are.

Thanks in advance.

I believe that once they are Good to Go they can not change them to Reservation Only days but they can change a reservation day to a Good to Go. Doubt anyone would complain about that lol

If I buy park hopper passes can I upgrade them to the Flex Pass once inside the park? I have 3 I need to buy but we are going on reserve days for the Flex Pass.

If I buy park hopper passes can I upgrade them to the Flex Pass once inside the park? I have 3 I need to buy but we are going on reserve days for the Flex Pass.

yea you can. I did that prior to them going onsale. I was even able to upgrade them on the app and still do the monthly payment option.

Hi everyone! :)

New guy here, but I'd like to chime in this conversation!

I just bought my Fiancé (who's coming to live with me from Australia next Friday on the 20th, 2 Flexpasses. One for me and one for her. I had the Signature last year and decided to give this new pass a try this year.

I don't live in Anaheim, but im just about an hour drive south in Oceanside. I added on Maxpass for both seeing how much great things I keep hearing about it. That and last year when I went when I had my Signature, I didnt try the Maxpass so was always stuck in super long standby lines.

I work in retail (odd schedules) and live close enough that this pass seems like a great fit for me. Yes I have to pay for parking and I go about 2 - 3 times a month. BUT I rarely buy merchandise and only buy food. Also I think paying $90 month for 2 passes that have in theory the same days available as a signature is a great.

I have not used the passes yet. Waiting for my Fiancé to get here when I give her pass to her for Christmas and go in January.

I messed with the reservation system and it seems very easy to reverse a day. Plus I prefer weekdays anyway.

I will update you guys about my experience when we go next month with the Flexpass :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!