Flight carry-on ideas for 10 y.o.

spurk5532

Mouseketeer
I am surprising my 10 year old son with a tripyo WDW this August. Ususlly he packs his carryon when we fly but thistime i sm going to have to pack it dince je won’t know we are going.

I am looking for any Disney themed activities or ideas for his carryon. TIA.

Is there a Disney or Pixar character he likes in particular? Maybe focus on that. Not sure if Star Wars is Pixar or Disney or what but lots of boys (and girls) that age like 'em and there are many many products and games out there.

I couldn't find a consensus for my traveling juveniles this year so went for pure cute in the form of Jellycats:

https://www.jellycat.com/us/

Picked an animal for each kiddo that seemed age and interest appropriate according to their parents and am turning them into backpacks with a bit of judicious alterations.

Last edited:
I'd get a good tour guide book for him to look at. Even though my kids are familiar with Disney we surprised them with a trip (told them 5 days before we were leaving) and they had a great time looking at Birnbaums....not the most valuable information but it got them excited.

There is a book for that age in the Real Kids, Real Places Mystery series about WDW which is fun to read before a trip. It takes place in the Magic Kingdom . There is also a biography I think called Who Is Walt Disney which would be age appropriate. My kids like puzzle books if you could find one that was Disney and age appropriate. And of course video games and movies.

Honestly, I don't know if you need to bring anything. I had a Disney character book, and Hidden Mickey book and a WDW guide - all my DD8 wanted to do was watch the inflight movies. At least I didn't have to watch Captain Underpants.

On our recent trip my 10 year old packed the following: his ipad and charging cord, headphones, a snack, some gum and a lollipop for ear popping, a fidget toy, a book and magazine. What he actually used during the flight: his ipad and headphones and the gum. But mostly he just watched the inflight cartoons.

a tablet, charging cord, and battery pack. Plus an interesting book to read...like one of the Percy Jackson books.

Honestly by 10, an iPad is all he will need or maybe even want. I lift my pretty tough electronics rules when we travel so extra time on the iPad or iPhone is pretty much good. Than and food.....oh yes food for a 10 year old boy. Some real food items and some pure fun junk candy and stuff. I usually down load, or allow him to download a few new apps just before we leave. My 11 year old does like brain puzzles so that is something he would enjoy and my older at that age would also enjoy a book.

I am surprising my 10 year old son with a tripyo WDW this August. Ususlly he packs his carryon when we fly but thistime i sm going to have to pack it dince je won’t know we are going.

I am looking for any Disney themed activities or ideas for his carryon. TIA.

Kingdom Hearts game on a DS.

Thanks everyone for your great ideas. He will have his Ipad but i wanted some fun stuff in his bag to surprise him with. I ended up finding some disney charcter generic lego blockheads that he will love putting together. I also picked up some of the new Disney stuff at Target to put in his bag as well. I think i am going to look for some of the suggested books to put in there. He is dyslexic and struggles with reading so this will encourage him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter