Flight of passage closing time

Liver Lips Mcgrowl

Official navigator n' head which-wayer
just wondering because of the insane popularity... Do they cut off the queue at park closing time? Or in other words, do they allow you to get in line up until the last minute? In theory, this would allow you to not waste a couple hours of your day, but rather wait in that line when the park is already closing and the wait doesn't matter anymore... Know what I mean? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Definitely a popular question. You are allowed to get in line up until park closing, so your strategy would work.

I read several reports during the first few weeks it was open that they cut the line off as much as an hour before park closing. But it is my understanding that you can get in right before park closing now, and I haven't heard otherwise for a long time.

The good news about the end of the day, as I guess you are aware, is that there are no more FP returners. So, the standby line gets 100% of the seats, instead of the usual 20% :)

Keep in mind that the posted wait times are intentionally exaggerated at night to discourage late riders. There have been several recent reports of 100-120 minute posted times near close, with actual waits in the 25-30 minute range.

My plan for our next visit is to get in line about 45 minutes before closing time and see if we can ride it twice. I think it can be done. I know it can't be done in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter