Flight of Passage + People of Size = Disappointing

I rode FOP in June - I'm 5'6" and 240 on a good day, with large calves. I fretted the whole way in for nothing - I fit with no issues and was comfortable. But I agree with everyone who has said it is a weird seat - definitely unnerving at first and if you have a bad knee like my husband, it might feel cramped.

So yes you can take your shoes off (I did). Just rode Thursday... I'm a 6'5 guy, 330+ lbs and 53+ inch waist... Size 14 shoes, 20" calves, very long legs (I can wear a 36" inseam).

With shoes on, had a bit of difficulty getting my heels far enough forward... Probably would have been ok but wanted to be safe. With shoes off, was easily able to curl toes up to give me a couple extra inches.

Regarding the rest, I tried test seat and did what everyone else tries first (pressing "forward" to try to "force" yourself tighter into the torso restraint)... This has the OPPOSITE effect desired as it actually shifts your lower back further backwards the harder you squeeze! I was just a *sliver* in the red using this approach. Don't do this.

As you start to straddle the thing, wedge your legs in as far forward / tight as you can. Shoes off for huge feet (just stick them in the storage bin, easy! CM had no issues with this.)

Then firmly grab the handlebars with both hands and use them to pull in snug and stretch up as tall as you can in the seat - arch back as folks have described - stretch up as far as you can and hold that position until the restraints engage!!

When I did it this way, immediately made it into the green zone in test seat... And on the ride itself, CM did not even have to push! I was shocked, asked "am I good?!?" To which the answer was simply "yep!"

Hope this helps, I appreciated the trip reports I read before my trip (was worried I wouldn't make it)... As a gorilla-sized giant guy it should give you all some comfort that it's more about technique... I found it to be perfectly comfortable and agree 100% the best ride at WDW... Have to ride to believe.

Take care all and good luck -
Scott
Thank you Scott,
Dh is 6'2 and 200 lbs so I wasn't concerned for him but he does have a size 14 foot and very long legs. If I hadn't read your post I wouldn't have known to suggest to him that he take of his great big shoes. We only have one AK day and we're doing FOP at rope drop.. so this is good info to know to make sure we all get on ok. :)

I'm a little worried about whether I will fit but I really want to ride this. I will risk the embarrassment of the test seat. I'm 5'1" and weigh 220. I wear a size 24. I carry it mostly in my tummy/butt. My calves are not that large. Any thoughts on weather there's hope. My trip begins in a week and a half.
I'm going to venture a guess and say I'm almost positive you will fit! My sister is larger than you and had no problems whatsoever. If you want more specific measurements, pm me.

I rode FOP in June - I'm 5'6" and 240 on a good day, with large calves. I fretted the whole way in for nothing - I fit with no issues and was comfortable. But I agree with everyone who has said it is a weird seat - definitely unnerving at first and if you have a bad knee like my husband, it might feel cramped.
I was worried as I also have a bad knee but to my surprise I was very comfortable

You can not take your shoes off. If is very hard to say what exactly will happen because it is a multitude of factors. I know someone who could not ride Forbidden Journey but have no problem with FoP but someone who could ride Forbidden Journey but not FoP.

Yes, you can take your shoes off!!

We leave for Disney in 2 weeks and I'm terrified I'm not going to fit. I've lost 30lbs this summer but I'm still 6'2 294lbs and 54" at my widest. I'm hoping I can squeeze in.

I am 6'10 and consider myself to be fluffy.. I dont think I am going to even attempt this ride because of potential embarrassment.

I am actually going to wait in line, I have no fast pass and I hope that they can squish me on after waiting so long!

I am 6'10 and consider myself to be fluffy.. I dont think I am going to even attempt this ride because of potential embarrassment.

You should try the test seat. Who cares what people think of you, you are never going to see them again.

I'm likely right at the cusp of fitting but I'm going to try. I've lost 40 lbs in the hopes of fitting on this darn ride. If I don't fit, fine (gives me a reason to go back) but I'm sure as heck going to try to squeeze my legs in to it.

Today is 60 days to Disney! At exactly 7am this morning I was trying to get a Fast Pass for FOP. I am arriving on a Sunday, and the earliest FP available was Friday (my last day) at 3:05pm. I grabbed it. I am still going to go to AK on the day I planned (Tuesday) and got a Na'vi River Journey Fast Pass for that day. So I figure, I will try out the seat before or after that, and if I fit, I'll come back Friday for FOP, otherwise I'll go back to Epcot for F&W Fest.

I am 5'4 and somewhere between a 3x and 4x. I just barely fit. I required assistance (some direction and a couple pushes). It was the back restraint not the legs. After the ride finished my back restraint would not release without assistance.

I don't feel confident that I would fit every time...it was tight.

It's pretty dark and most people seem pretty distracted when getting on bc the seats are weird so I wouldn't worry too much about being embarrassed...

We leave for Disney in 2 weeks and I'm terrified I'm not going to fit. I've lost 30lbs this summer but I'm still 6'2 294lbs and 54" at my widest. I'm hoping I can squeeze in.

I don't think you will have a problem - im pretty close to that and I was able to wiggle around after the restraints weren't on... it's an odd position though & I think problematic if you aren't in the right position...

I'm so paranoid about whether or not I will fit on this ride. Since January of this year, I've lost 85 pounds and dropped 4 sizes. I KNOW I'm significantly smaller than I was at the start of the year, but this whole thread has me worried I'm not small enough. Even at my heaviest I was never turned away from a ride, and I really don't want my first experience to be AFTER I've lost a significant amount of weight. I know I have more to go. I'm hoping to lose another 15 by the time I arrive at Disney (22 Oct 17). I'm currently 5'1"/204lbs/size 12/14. I like to think I'm being paranoid for nothing, but when you're on a weight-loss journey it's 50% mental and 50% physical. That coupled with all of the stories about being not fitting... just has me rattled.

You'll fit. I'm 5'4", size 16-18, heavier than you, large chested, short-legged, and carry most of my weight in my midsection. I fit with absolutely no problems (twice.) No stress!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter