Flight of Passage + People of Size = Disappointing

I rode it twice in two days - the first time I had a full on panic attack which I've never had in my life......it wasn't pretty and I was mortified. A 42 YO man had a full on melt down because the CM and it so tight I had a hard time breathing. I'm not small but not too large, 5'10" 225. I managed to save some space today and wouldn't budge when the CM adjusted the restraint. Love the ride itself, loathe the restraint system. The larger people have my respect for riding this, it's not easy.

A 42 YO man had a full on melt down because the CM and it so tight I had a hard time breathing. I'm not small but not too large, 5'10" 225. I managed to save some space today and wouldn't budge when the CM adjusted the restraint. Love the ride itself, loathe the restraint system.

I get anxiety from restraints sometimes (refuse to ride RNRC and Mission Space), but I really wanted to try this. I tried scooting back so my back restraint had room, but the CM said it was too loose. She tightened it so I could barely breathe, but I think it got looser over the ride? It wasn't as bad as I expected, and I do understand for safety reason why they need to make sure people can't get out. The ride was so fun that it was worth it though!

At the end everyone's restraints released except DHs! It unlocked after a minute, but I would have been freaking out!

I am glad I spotted this thread before we leave in 11 days. DH and I are both a little hefty,and I am very tall. As we could not get a Fast Pass I was planning to rope drop. Thankfully we will be in AK arrival night so I will have us both try out the test seat tat night to establish weather we should even bother with the effort two days later!

I get anxiety from restraints sometimes (refuse to ride RNRC and Mission Space), but I really wanted to try this. I tried scooting back so my back restraint had room, but the CM said it was too loose. She tightened it so I could barely breathe, but I think it got looser over the ride? It wasn't as bad as I expected, and I do understand for safety reason why they need to make sure people can't get out. The ride was so fun that it was worth it though!

At the end everyone's restraints released except DHs! It unlocked after a minute, but I would have been freaking out!

If mine didn’t unlock I’d be like “ let’s go again please thanks “

I love FOP, I’m 5 4 and I weigh 13o pounds so fit in the seat no problem and I hate the leg restraints. I ride the ride but I legit get claustrophobic from being confined to the seat. The leg restraints are not even cushioned it’s metal against my leg and I don’t like the feeling at all. I’m hoping they do away with the leg restraint part I can deal with it and suck it up since the ride is awesome but it would be far more comfortable if the leg restraint was not there.
This^^! I rode it in August 2017 and LOVED the ride, however, when it came time to exit, everyone’s restraints released except mine. I couldn’t moved and needless to say I started to have a panic attack because I was so confined. I noticed it before the ride started too but the ride totally distracted me from it until the end. Even if they would make the leg restraints looser it would be better! And I am not a big person.

We are there in Jan and I am plus size.. 260lbs, 5'4, size 18 pants, but carry a lot of my weight in hips/legs. I feel good about the ride, but am actually nervous about the legs for DH.. who is 250lbs, 6'1 and very well built.

I went on FOP last October for the first time. I hadn't followed any threads about the ride and had no clue about the ride(restraints). My first ride the lady next to me had to have the CM help with the leg restraints to get them locked. My first thought was that sucks, they've made a ride that overweight people can't ride. Then I thought is my DH going to be able to ride this next year. I absolutely love this ride and I know he will too if he's able to ride. He is a large man, 5'10" 325. He has lost over 75 pounds in the last 2 years but his calves are still solid so I worry about him having to be squeezed in and then finding out it won't lock. I wish Disney would post the maximum radius of waist and calf so people can measure at home prior to making their fastpasses. I had thought on a day earlier in the week before our fastpasses to check the tester seat.

In effort to help rode fop for first time today—me 280 5’3”—test seat was in the green—actual ride tad snug around tummy but comfortable—hope this info helpful to someone of same size

We are there in Jan and I am plus size.. 260lbs, 5'4, size 18 pants, but carry a lot of my weight in hips/legs. I feel good about the ride, but am actually nervous about the legs for DH.. who is 250lbs, 6'1 and very well built.

My DH is similarly sized but couldn't ride. He also has very large feet so there wasn't room for him to move his feet up much. If he had been wearing flip flops he may have made it but he had no interest in trying to ride again.

Feet size could be an issue, not necessarily just body size. I've heard of/seen men about your DH size who fit without any problems. It all depends. If your DH has big feet, i'd tell him to raise his heels (stand on tippy toes). This seems to help. Once its locked in, he can relax.

In effort to help rode fop for first time today—me 280 5’3”—test seat was in the green—actual ride tad snug around tummy but comfortable—hope this info helpful to someone of same size
The problem with this restraint system is that it is completely dependent on body type.

My sisters are both taller than you (5'6-7"). One weighs a little bit more, but one weighs 40lb less and neither of them could ride. The problem is the legs. They're both not very big "around" but have very thick legs.

Curious what would be considered big feet? Size over xx for a man?
I think my brother wears maybe a 13 and he was unable to ride, but it may have been a combination of feet size, height (6'5"), and weight. My father wears a 12 and is 6'2" and can fit no problem.

The problem with this restraint system is that it is completely dependent on body type.

My sisters are both taller than you (5'6-7"). One weighs a little bit more, but one weighs 40lb less and neither of them could ride. The problem is the legs. They're both not very big "around" but have very thick legs.

I think my brother wears maybe a 13 and he was unable to ride, but it may have been a combination of feet size, height (6'5"), and weight. My father wears a 12 and is 6'2" and can fit no problem.

DH is 6' and wears a size 13. He is built like a football player so his legs are large for his overall size.

There is no set size that says you can't ride. That is why they have the test vehicle because there are several factors.

I am not sure if I was hearing things... (Maybe there was a problem with one) the section we went into last time to the left they had one group skip a number as I believe the CM said it was a chair. Again could have been a not working seat?? but maybe could be asked if there is or not by someone and this may be able to help someone out... I sort of lean towards a chair as I clearly overheard a person in a wheelchair say she was unable to get out of the chair and the CM said it was fine -- what that meant I am not sure...

Just got back from my trip to Disney and I was able to fit on FOP! I was a bit nervous about it but I had a fast pass so I figured it was worth a try. There was a group crowded around the test seat and I didn’t want to wait so I didn’t get a chance to try it first. I also wore flip flops due to the advice of others. I’m not sure if it made a big difference or not though.
I ended up riding twice over the course of my trip with no issues.
Here are my measurements, in case they help others.
I’m a size 20 pants, and size 16 top.
Waist: 35.5”
Hips: 52”
Calves: 19” and 20”
I didn’t need any help from the CM. Everything locked in fine on its own and I had a little bit of room on the back restraint and neither of the calf restraints were tight but the larger calf was almost touching the restraint. Hope this helps!

I am going in November and am worried about fitting. I’m about 6’1, would say I comfortably wear a size 46, and wear a 13 size shoe. I am fully expecting not to fit.

`
I am going in November and am worried about fitting. I’m about 6’1, would say I comfortably wear a size 46, and wear a 13 size shoe. I am fully expecting not to fit.

While I hope you do, you sound an awful like me and I haven't fit twice. So just be prepared -- I'd break away from your group if you're worried about being embarrassed, or just be ready to laugh it off.

We did get FPs out of it -- not a lot of consolation, but it's worth noting.

`

While I hope you do, you sound an awful like me and I haven't fit twice. So just be prepared -- I'd break away from your group if you're worried about being embarrassed, or just be ready to laugh it off.

We did get FPs out of it -- not a lot of consolation, but it's worth noting.

Yeah that’s really unfortunate. We are 60 days out so I’m going to do some exercising and such hoping to drop some weight. I’m REALLY worried about my wife, who has been talking about the ride for months and I’m worried she won’t fit. She’s 5’1 or 5’2 and carries most of her weight in her midsection, but I wouldn’t say she has very large thighs or calf’s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!