Flight of Passage + People of Size = Disappointing

I too thought they changed the way they allowed you to sit until my last ride. I'm not a huge person, I am 5'6 and approx 150. I normally don't have any issues but last week the CM pushed the back rest so far into me that I was squeezed between the front and back. My stomach was literally smashed into the front. Then he adjusted the legs so far that I couldn't place my feet flat down. I have never had my legs adjusted before. My feet were tip toed entire ride. I told him what he had done and he said he had to so I wouldn't fall out. I was so uncomfortable and didn't enjoy the ride. I have been on it at least 8 times now and never experienced a seat fit like that. It's made me not want to ride it again. I'm not sure if the CM was a new college intern and not properly trained in seat adjustments or what.

This happened to me . The CM slammed the back rest against back so that I was so squished that I didn't enjoy the ride at all. She actuallt hurt my back. I've been on FOP before, and was comfortable on that ride. I guess it depends on the CM. I also dont want to ride it again.

This happened to me . The CM slammed the back rest against back so that I was so squished that I didn't enjoy the ride at all. She actuallt hurt my back. I've been on FOP before, and was comfortable on that ride. I guess it depends on the CM. I also dont want to ride it again.

This happened to DS too. He actually started crying. I called the CM back over and asked if he could re-adjust it and he told us that DS couldn't ride unless it was in that position.

We rode the day before with no issues. And I had at least 6" of extra space in my restraint so obviously it didn't have to be that tight.

Have a FP+ for FOP this weekend. I am somewhat concerned about my father in law being able to ride. He is about 5'8, 240 with most of that weight around his stomach. I know he is sensitive about his weight, if he can't fit hes going to be super embarrassed and its going to make things awkward. Been debating how to bring it up gently before hand so he isn't blindsided as we board the ride

Curious what would be considered big feet? Size over xx for a man?
I wear size 15 shoes and have ridden FOP on a few different trips. I'm 6'2" 260. No problems other than it really is a squeeze to get my big feet set for the ride. It doesn't help that one of my ankles is partially fused and doesn't bend very well. Having said all that, I have never been unable to ride and enjoy the ride very much.

This thread has been so helpful I wanted to share my experience. I'm about 5'2 size 26 pants. I was able to ride today. The attendant had to push my restraints on the legs and back. They clicked it twice on the back cause there was still room.

Hope this helps someone about my size in deciding whether or not to go.

I went on FOP last October for the first time. I hadn't followed any threads about the ride and had no clue about the ride(restraints). My first ride the lady next to me had to have the CM help with the leg restraints to get them locked. My first thought was that sucks, they've made a ride that overweight people can't ride. Then I thought is my DH going to be able to ride this next year. I absolutely love this ride and I know he will too if he's able to ride. He is a large man, 5'10" 325. He has lost over 75 pounds in the last 2 years but his calves are still solid so I worry about him having to be squeezed in and then finding out it won't lock. I wish Disney would post the maximum radius of waist and calf so people can measure at home prior to making their fastpasses. I had thought on a day earlier in the week before our fastpasses to check the tester seat.
My son-in-law tried on two different days while we were there and was unable to ride it because of his thick calves. We were very sad that he couldn't experience it with us.

I've never seen this ride in person and I'm on the small side. However it doesn't sound very comfortable for ANYone!

DH, DS9, and I had no problems riding this ride. In fact, I didn't even feel anyone pushing in restraints or whatever.

6'1" - 210 lbs

5'4" - 140 lbs

4'6" - 70 lbs

Have a FP+ for FOP this weekend. I am somewhat concerned about my father in law being able to ride. He is about 5'8, 240 with most of that weight around his stomach. I know he is sensitive about his weight, if he can't fit hes going to be super embarrassed and its going to make things awkward. Been debating how to bring it up gently before hand so he isn't blindsided as we board the ride
Honestly I think he'll be OK but better to prepare him. I'm a bigger guy and have had no problems. The biggest thing he will need to do is to sit all the way forward and "sit-up" straight and tall as he can and even suck in a bit if needed. Once the back restraint is in place he can relax and let everything kind of sag again. My biggest issue was my legs and calves which is also helped by pushing my feet and lower legs as far forward as possible before the restraints go into place.

Yeah, I'm 5 11 and 290 ALL of it in my mid section. All I had to do was sit up straight and all the way forward, and it was no problem. Rode it twice. Best ride and que Disney has ever done.

Last edited:
I did the test chair last week and she said I was iffy for it so since I did not have a FP, I would have had to rope drop to ride. I didn't do it cause I wasn't taking the chance it would not have worked and I would have gotten up early for nothing. I do have a FP in Dec so will try then

I wanted to post my experience with FoP as DH rode it for the first time during our September trip. I had been really nervous about whether I'd have issues. Turns out we were both fine :)

We did try the test seat out front first...I was very much in the green, and had no issues on the actual ride. DH was not as far in the green, but the CM and I saw that he fit, and he was fine on the ride. He did have a harder time when we rode it the second time in the evening; maybe because his legs had swollen from all of the walking or the heat? We were able to ride it twice. Personally, I think people with larger calves and stomachs would have a harder time fitting. DH has a big belly which was a little tough to fit during his second ride, but he leaned forward, the CM fit and it clicked so he could ride. I have a big behind and thighs, and was fine. We are both tall, so we did the trick others had talked about where we walked forward all the way, pushing ourselves against the bar, and then sat down. The material on the seat is made so that you can't move once you sit down.

For reference, DH is 6'2 and a size 42 pant, 3xl shirt. I'm 5'9, and a size 22 pant, 22/24 shirt.

Hello All!
I have been reading this thread off and on for the last few months, and we'll be at AK this week (Yay!) I've re-scanned through the last several pages to find what I'm looking for but I'm not seeing it. Can someone give the list of suggestions of how to get into the vehicle, how to sit, etc to increase the chances of success? I'm sure it's on here, I'm just not seeing it. Things like:
*walk I as far as you can before sitting down
*sit up straight
Those type suggestions.
DH and I are both "pooh sized" and he's 6'3" so we need the pooh sized and tall folks suggestions. Thanks so much!

The CM should had tried getting help for your friend or given you another fast-pass for another attraction.

This thread has been so helpful I wanted to share my experience. I'm about 5'2 size 26 pants. I was able to ride today. The attendant had to push my restraints on the legs and back. They clicked it twice on the back cause there was still room.

Hope this helps someone about my size in deciding whether or not to go.
This gives me hope for my trip next month!

So, someone in the disABilities board said there's a spot where you can watch without riding? Is this true? I think my husband would like to do that!

Hello All!
I have been reading this thread off and on for the last few months, and we'll be at AK this week (Yay!) I've re-scanned through the last several pages to find what I'm looking for but I'm not seeing it. Can someone give the list of suggestions of how to get into the vehicle, how to sit, etc to increase the chances of success? I'm sure it's on here, I'm just not seeing it. Things like:
*walk I as far as you can before sitting down
*sit up straight
Those type suggestions.
DH and I are both "pooh sized" and he's 6'3" so we need the pooh sized and tall folks suggestions. Thanks so much!

I'm posting again in the hopes that someone will see this question and can help me out. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter