Flight of Passage + People of Size = Disappointing

Yeah, that's what it was for me, too. Glad you got something out of it -- it saved our July 4 -- but I know it sucks. Hope it doesn't take away from the rest of your trip.

Thank you & did not ruin anything... I knew going in it was a possibility... my daughter was able to stay on & loved it. There was a gentleman from another group I waited with. He was pretty tall. She kept telling me to get on my tiptoes but there was no room for me to go up any higher. I’ve done sdmt & the lap bar is tight on my legs but i’ve always been able to ride.

At 5"1 and 202 pounds, most of my weight concentrated in my stomach, I had no issue fitting. We had 2 Fastpasses, and rode both times. First time with no issue at all, and second time felt like it was a tighter fit, don't know why.

LMAO - we're all going on the Disney FOP diet plan. I am planning a trip for Fall, and I had already determined to drop a size before then after reading about size issues on FOP. Then today, I start reading this thread and kept seeing comments from others about losing weight for this ride. Hey maybe we can write off Disney World as a medical expense! ;) lol

This question is probably asked and answered somewhere in this thread but I couldn't find it in the bunch of pages I read. I've had 3 knee replacements and I just can't bend my knees very well. Without a lot of pain, it would be around 90 degrees. I've watched the helpful videos but I can't tell just how much you have to bend your knees for the restraints to work. What do you think?

This question is probably asked and answered somewhere in this thread but I couldn't find it in the bunch of pages I read. I've had 3 knee replacements and I just can't bend my knees very well. Without a lot of pain, it would be around 90 degrees. I've watched the helpful videos but I can't tell just how much you have to bend your knees for the restraints to work. What do you think?

If you are small, I think 90 degrees is about it. I am tall (6'4'') and needed to make a much smaller angle to fit into the seat. The good news is that you can always try the test seat outside before waiting in the line.

Just wanted to report back that I did not fit. It was the leg restraints that were the issue. I’ve always had larger calves & I could just not push my feet far enough forward for her to get them. Super disappointed.
So sorry this happened. I avoided riding it our first trip because of fear of being told no. Second trip I waited until the last day. My legs didn’t fit at first but luckily the cast member told me to squeeze my thighs and somehow it worked.

LMAO - we're all going on the Disney FOP diet plan. I am planning a trip for Fall, and I had already determined to drop a size before then after reading about size issues on FOP. Then today, I start reading this thread and kept seeing comments from others about losing weight for this ride. Hey maybe we can write off Disney World as a medical expense! ;) lol
:lmao: :rotfl: This made laugh. haha! :rotfl2:

I was so worried about this. I’m 5’9” 300lbs big calves US size 24. No problem at all. Rode it 5 times. I hope this helps someone worrying about their holiday.

Interesting... I'm about the same, but 5'4"-5'5" for height. The CM tried me for a bit, and then said hold on one second...left & came back, and still couldn't get it. I kind of knew as soon as I saw the seats that it would be a no-go. She kept telling me to get up on my tiptoes but there was really no room for me to do that.

Just wanted to add my experience (so far) we have a pass to go back at 12:30 today, but we tested out the test seat while we were getting the disabilities pass, and both myself (293, 5’7”, big calves, size 10 women’s shoe) and my mom (270, 5’3”, same shoe and calves) fit totally fine in the test seat and the CM seemed very confident we wouldn’t have an issue. My mom carries all her weight in her stomach and is apple shaped, I carry mine across my middle (stomach, butt and thighs) and am pear shaped.

Last edited:
Just wanted to add my experience (so far) we have a pass to go back at 12:30 today, but we tested out the test seat while we were getting the disabilities pass, and both myself (293, 5’7”, big calves, size 10 women’s shoe) and my mom (270, 5’3”, same shoe and calves) fit totally fine in the test seat and the CM seemed very confident we wouldn’t have an issue. My mom carries all her weight in her stomach and is apple shaped, I carry mine across my middle (stomach, butt and thighs) and am pear shaped.
First ride went by (mostly) without a hitch. My mom and I both had to lift our knees to get the leg restraints to click, and the CM had to give a good push to my back to get it click, but it took only a second to do both and we were good to go. The seat back hurt a bit, and my knees were a bit sore afterwards for a few minutes, but it was definitely worth it. Both times we did it the back restraint would not release for me and we had to get a CM to release me, but the high of the ride left me in a good enough mood I wasn’t upset about it.

Last edited:
my oldest daughter is 5'8 and am 5'5 each on the plus size I told her to push her Hips as far up as she could and we did fine, more room then we needed once the back rest went up, however I have bad knees and like every ride, am good bending my knee getting on a ride, it's getting up to straighten my knee that kills me the most!

What are the odds that a man that is 6’2, 310 pounds, size 12 shoes, huge belly and huge calves and thighs will fit?

What are the odds that a man that is 6’2, 310 pounds, size 12 shoes, huge belly and huge calves and thighs will fit?
Based on my experience is probably not... I could have been the CM I had as well... not sure. But the gentleman that sat with me who also could not ride was very tall, and larger mid-section. However, per this thread others who seem similarly sized have been able to ride.

For me it was definitely my legs. I had no more room to go up on my tiptoes or move my knees forward.

Im 6'1, 310, wear 46 inch jeans. I've ridden it 3 times, twice they had to click the back, one time they didn't. SO I'm saying theres a chance you'll be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter