Flight of Passgae Fastpass

Jenndolynn85

Earning My Ears
Hi guys, our family is planning of going to DW February 2020. We are still trying to decide on staying in Disney Springs or not based on the need for the 60 day fastpass window. Is it possible to get a Fastpass for Flight of passage if you only have the 30 day window in your experience? I've read mixed answers online.

Hi guys, our family is planning of going to DW February 2020. We are still trying to decide on staying in Disney Springs or not based on the need for the 60 day fastpass window. Is it possible to get a Fastpass for Flight of passage if you only have the 30 day window in your experience? I've read mixed answers online.

Highly unlikely. You may find the FP FAQ helpful, specifically the Availability post.

Your other option, if you're staying at a less expensive hotel off property, is to either do an Early Morning Magic, or Disney After Hours. This is our plan for any new trips (we already have a current resort stay booked for February). EMM requires a Park ticket, but DAH does not. (Much like the Halloween and Christmas partoes, with FAR less guests.)
Both of these "extras" provide people with a chance to ride (multiple times!) the most popular attractions.
ETA:
You're all correct, there is no EMM for AK, I should have clarified! But, there is definitely DAH!

Last edited:

Your other option, if you're staying at a less expensive hotel off property, is to either do an Early Morning Magic, or Disney After Hours. This is our plan for any new trips (we already have a current resort stay booked for February). EMM requires a Park ticket, but DAH does not. (Much like the Halloween and Christmas partoes, with FAR less guests.)
Both of these "extras" provide people with a chance to ride (multiple times!) the most popular attractions.
There is no EMM for Animal Kingdom though is there???

I thought you had to stay onsite for the EMM? We are doing a three day park ticket and I know at Disneyland if you did three or more days you had one MM but I didn't see that offer with DW?

I thought you had to stay onsite for the EMM? We are doing a three day park ticket and I know at Disneyland if you did three or more days you had one MM but I didn't see that offer with DW?

EMM is Early Morning Magic, a paid event. It's different than EMH, Extra Magic Hours, which are free for all resort guests.

BUT, the previous poster was incorrect. There is no EMM offered for AK, just MK and HS.

I stayed offsite twice in 2018 and got FOP FPs both times. Also got 2 more same day (one each trip). Takes some persistence, but definitely possible. Not something I would count on though.

I stayed offsite twice in 2018 and got FOP FPs both times. Also got 2 more same day (one each trip). Takes some persistence, but definitely possible. Not something I would count on though.
Well that gives me some hope. I suppose of we end up not being able to book a FP for Flight of passage we can just plan on showing up at the park super early. If we wait an hour or so that won't be terrible.

I'll disagree slightly; I think it's incredibly easy to snag FOP fastpasses the night before and day of. We have ridden it ~20 times and ALWAYS using a FP we snagged the night before or day of.

We stayed onsite several times but always a short trip (2-3 nights max) and they've always been gone at 60 days. I don't worry about it as I know I'll grab one later.

On Thanksgiving day, we grabbed a FP for it 3x in a row while at AK.

(note - we are just a party of 2. No doubt larger parties may struggle more)

It is difficult but not impossible. However, this could change by February 2020. There could be less demand for the ride due to Star Wars, or SW could be making the parks so busy that it may be even harder. If you can't get them at first though just keep checking.

Last edited:
Awesome! Okay, well I won't stress about it so much then!
I was able to get day of fp during my may trip ... but only once during a 1 week trip. Your only guaranteed way of getting on the ride without a very long wait is to get to the park 90 minutes before it opens. Sit at the tapstile, stay to your left when they let you in, stay as close to the cast members as you can when walking with them to pandora, and you’ll be off FoP before the park is officially open. Then you can walk onto Nav’i while everyone else is on line for FoP.

I'll disagree slightly; I think it's incredibly easy to snag FOP fastpasses the night before and day of. We have ridden it ~20 times and ALWAYS using a FP we snagged the night before or day of.

We stayed onsite several times but always a short trip (2-3 nights max) and they've always been gone at 60 days. I don't worry about it as I know I'll grab one later.

On Thanksgiving day, we grabbed a FP for it 3x in a row while at AK.

(note - we are just a party of 2. No doubt larger parties may struggle more)

The obvious question is how much time you had to spend refreshing to get those FPs. I’ve had some success with things like that, but it usually takes awhile and even then it’s a crapshoot. On the whole, I prefer just getting to the park 60-75 minutes before park opening and going with the crowd when they open. Doing that we have been able to do both FOP and NRJ before about 9:15 and still have our FPs in hand to use for other things later.

I was able to get day of fp during my may trip ... but only once during a 1 week trip. Your only guaranteed way of getting on the ride without a very long wait is to get to the park 90 minutes before it opens. Sit at the tapstile, stay to your left when they let you in, stay as close to the cast members as you can when walking with them to pandora, and you’ll be off FoP before the park is officially open. Then you can walk onto Nav’i while everyone else is on line for FoP.
Great tips! Thanks you

As mentioned a FP for FoP is unlikely at the 30 day mark.
That leaves you several options:
Try for a FP up to the day of and continue trying the day of. I haven't seen any when we have been there, but apparently they can be available if you are lucky.
Try to ride at RD or just before closing.

I had a two-person FoP FP for 12:35-1:35 fall into my lap in the 30-day window for Feb 2, 2019 visit coming up. I was just constantly checking. You can always rope drop FoP. We did that Oct 2018. We were at park at 7:30 for 9:00 open. Entered park around 8:20. Off FoP by 9:15. Yes... still waited in line for technically 90 minutes, but it was mostly pre-park time. Wasn't bad wait, but definitely mirrored Brian from Touring Plans vlog:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter