Flight time after debarking Wonder in Vancouver?

SCDVC2000

Earning My Ears
Hello all. I apologize if this is already been discussed, I could not find anything with my specific question. We are sailing on the Wonder this summer.
We are disembarking on 7/1 and I need to get back to the East coast that night (my wife and kids don’t tolerate red eye flights, although these arrive 5am on Tues 7/2 getting me to work on time…)
Anyways, the only flight option leaves Vancouver at 12:40 pm. We have never been to Canada, never been on the Wonder etc. and have no clue what the debarking and customs/airport situation timing looks like.
Boarding likely ends by 12:10-12:15 for a 12:40 departure. Will there be time? We will have checked bags and flying United.
Thanks all

Plan for 30-40 minutes to get to the airport. In my experience getting through customs will take longer than you can afford.

Keep your luggage the night before and do express walk off. Maybe take Skytrain (Canada Line ) to the airport vs a cab or uber. Then you should be fine.

DCL's recommendations can be found here:
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/guest-services/ground-transportation/

Specifically:

Guests Arranging Independent Air Travel

For Vancouver to Vancouver sailings in 2024, we recommend the following flight-time guidelines:

• Latest arrival time to Vancouver International Airport on embarkation day: 11:45 AM
  • Earliest departure time from Vancouver International Airport on debarkation day: 1:00 PM

You might be fine if there are no delays at any point. It sounds like you'll be flying back to the states which means there will be security and customs too on the airport side and those lines will just depend on what it's like the day of. If you have Nexus or something similar than you won't need to worry about lines there. You could also prebook a security line time 3 days before your flight.

Last edited:

It's going to go against the DCL recommendations, and of course you just never know what you might run into, but I really wish we had booked the earlier direct flight when we disembarked as I had followed the DCL recommendations and we had a connection flight. We did express walk off and were in a taxi on the way to the airport by 8:00 am. We did have Global Entry which allowed us to bypass some of the security lines, but we were in the terminal and waiting on our flight by 10:00 am. We could easily have made the earlier flight, and we did try to switch to it at check in, but weren't successful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter