Flight time from Barcelona

I'd love hotel recommendations in Barcelona pre-cruise for three adults for one night (considering two rooms so everyone can have their space (-- husband, wife + adult child) if anyone feels like sharing!
We have stayed twice at the Hotel Colon, in the Gothic Quarter across from the Barcelona Cathedral. We were able to get rooms that slept 3 and 4 people, but 2 rooms might be more comfortable with a 2nd bathroom.

Make sure to look at recent reviews on TripAdvisor because some hotels are under renovations that are not advertised (as we learned the hard way…) and Barcelona (if not all of Spain) is under drought and many pools are closed because of it, so if a pool is important to you, and you are willing to spend more for it… just remember it could be closed.

I'd love hotel recommendations in Barcelona pre-cruise for three adults for one night (considering two rooms so everyone can have their space (-- husband, wife + adult child) if anyone feels like sharing!

Pre-cruise we stayed at H10 Port Vell, which was just a short taxi ride from the port (we used Free Now): https://www.h10hotels.com/en/barcelona-hotels/h10-port-vell

Post-cruise we stayed at H10 Urquinaona Plaza, since it was central for sightseeing: https://www.h10hotels.com/en/barcelona-hotels/h10-urquinaona-plaza/

We loved both hotels. As a fun welcome, they offered us a glass of cava at check-in. So now every time we check into a regular hotel, DH says he misses the Barcelona hotels :laughing:

Sounds like OP has come to a decision, but in case anyone else in a similar position is following, we took a 10:50 flight to London from BCN after disembarking from DCL in 2022, and we were fine. We walked off when the ship was cleared and took a cab to the airport. One checked bag. I don't remember the finer details after we arrived, which suggests that it was routine (if it had been uncomfortably tight, no doubt I would remember.)

On an earlier trip in 2015 we had a transatlantic departing at 12:50. My clearest memory of that airport experience was sitting on the floor with our luggage at departures for what felt like a very long time - at least an hour, maybe more? - waiting for the check-in gate and bag drop to open.

So after 11 from Barcelona is probably going to be make-able most of the time. Can't comment on Amsterdam.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter