Flint, MI - AirTran?

jwnandsn

Earning My Ears
Anyone had any experiences lately with flying out of Flint, MI to Orlando on AirTran? We are booked for Dec. 7-20, 2003.

Would love to hear any news on this!

Thanks,

Sandra;)

We just arrived back from our trip on Sunday flying Air Tran from Flint. Nice planes, good service. Both flights departed on time. We left on the 7:30am direct flight on a Thursday, so we drove down and stayed the night before at the Econo Lodge across the street. The motel is not up to Disney standards, but it is convenient to the airport, and only cost us US$55 for the night. There are other hotels nearby in the area which might be nicer (and more expensive), but the Econo Lodge takes the prize for convenience.

11 days parking at the airport's Economy Lot cost US$42.

Our return flight landed at 10:10pm, and by 10:30 I had retreived the van from the lot, drove back to the terminal, picked up the rest of the clan with the luggage, and were on our way home. We pulled into our driveway (west end of London) at 12:35am.

Was it better than using DTW or YYZ? Yes. Would I fly Air Tran from Flint again? Without hesitation.

- Mike

Thanks for the report Mike, much appreciated. We too are booked on the direct flights there and back (Sunday to Saturday - 2 weeks).
We will check out the Econo Lodge as we will also be driving down the day before and leaving our car in their parking lot. Thanks for the tips!
Sounds like TO and Air Canada will be a thing of the past for us. Can't beat those prices and just as convenient if not better.

Might take us a little longer to get home though - we are in the Northeast end of town. (Hee! Hee!)

Thanks again Mike!

Sandra
;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter