FLL vs MAI for Miami Cruise Port

randir

Earning My Ears
Hello!

We can save $175 each ticket to fly into FLL. We would be landing at 7pm and would likely take the shuttle then tri rail to Miami airport and shuttle to a hotel there. It’s just two adults. Is the hassle worth the savings?

When we cruised out of Miami, but flew in/out of FLL we stayed at a hotel in Ft Lauderdale and did a shared shuttle to the port in Miami. And they picked us up when we got off the ship and took us back to FLL

That is also an idea! Do you remember the price or company you used? We only ever sail out of Port Canaveral so I feel very unprepared!

We used SAS Transportation, and it looks like it was back in 2016, so no clue if they're still running. It was like a 15 passenger van (that was full after all the stops), they only picked up at certain hotels, but I feel like it was $30/person round trip or something. It definitely was worth the savings for us.

I think the taxes at MIA are higher than FLL, which is one reason it's usually cheaper to fly into FLL.

We used SAS Transportation, and it looks like it was back in 2016, so no clue if they're still running. It was like a 15 passenger van (that was full after all the stops), they only picked up at certain hotels, but I feel like it was $30/person round trip or something. It definitely was worth the savings for us.

I think the taxes at MIA are higher than FLL, which is one reason it's usually cheaper to fly into FLL.
We are flying in from Washington to there is only a few airline that fly into Miami as well. I found their website and it looks like it’s still $15 a person from the approved FL hotels. This is great! Thank you so much

We used SAS to take us from the Port of Miami to FLL to fly home. Price was $13 pp one way. They picked us up in a van that fit around around 12 people. I suspect they will also take you from FLL (or a nearby hotel) to the port of Miami. I get the sense they arrange the numbers of vans based on the numbers of bookings, rather than set a hard limit on bookings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter