FLL - Where do you stay?

dthogue

DIS Veteran
For those of you have departed from FLL what hotels do you recommend for pre cruise and one night post cruise. Would like to see the sights on the post cruise day. There are so many choices. Hotel shuttle to/from would be nice, be not a necessity.

For those of you have departed from FLL what hotels do you recommend for pre cruise and one night post cruise. Would like to see the sights on the post cruise day. There are so many choices. Hotel shuttle to/from would be nice, be not a necessity.
A little farther away but we LOVE Margaritaville in Hollywood beach. It is a less than 15 minute uber ride from the port. The Hollywood boardwalk is fun and love getting some beach time in. And they have a flowrider.

We usually stay at Hyatt Place 17th street. You can get a pretty good price from on valuetrips, but they don't have 2020 available for booking yet. Rooms are huge - I'm not exaggerating when I say you could comfortably sleep 2 families (with preteen kids) in a room if you wanted to (I'm not advocating this. Just trying to give you a sense of the space in the room).

There's actually a cluster of hotels (HI Express, Embassy Suites etc), shops (Ross, Total Wine, Publix, Dollar Tree) and restaurants in the area, and it's quite close to Port Everglades (should cost under $10 for an Uber). So while I'd recommend Hyatt Place for the pre-trip, any one of these hotels is a good nearby option. For eats, Kelly's Landing (New England-style seafood) isn't bad in terms of value and taste.

For post, I don't have experience with that, but somewhere south of the airport like Hollywood or Dania Beach is probably a good bet. For a Restaurant, I like Rustic Inn for the crab, and I don't really even like crab. But it might be too much food for a post-cruise destination.

We stay at the Hyatt Place on 17th Street too. You can also see the ships from some of the rooms. The kiddo loves waking up and seeing "her ship".

We have. stayed at Embassy Suites on 17th. It was a great location with shuttle to port. Our last trip we stayed at Riverside on los las. We loved this hotel. the location was amazing. is many restaurants and shops.

Stayed at the Hilton FL port location the night before embarkation. Our room was not ready until 9PM. We were nearly sleeping in the lobby on our long travel day. The only compensation was a free beverage and appetizer. On disembarkation night after the cruise we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn at Dania Beach and it was awesome! Great front desk recommendations even concierge level service. They arranged a an airboat tour for us within a couple of hours of arrival. Our room was ready at check in despite it being morning.

We've stayed at Marriott BeachPlace Towers (no shuttles included but beach front and very nice) and at the Crowne Plaza (shuttles from and to airport included and I believe the shuttles to and from the port --it was very close to the port-- were also included or available).

We stayed pre-cruise at the Quality Inn and Suites Airport/Cruise Port South on Stirling Rd. I think they have shuttles to the Ft. Lauderdale port, but we rented a car at FLL. We chose this hotel since we were coming in fairly late at night and wanted to stay near the airport...Our RCCL cruise was actually out of Miami, so we made that short drive the next morning. Anyway, the hotel seemed nice, had a decent breakfast. I'd stay there again...

Anyone stayed in Plantation area? For our Dec cruise we found Harbor Shop area really pricey so we booked in Plantation. The area seems very similar to Harbor Shops and even has a wine store, along with Publix and many restaurants.

The previous time we stayed at Holiday Inn Express which is a 5 min walk from Harbor Shops towards the port, but even this time it was quite pricey.

We've stayed at Hilton Marina right at the bridge and very close to the Cruise Port. Water Taxi right there, very convenient.

We always stay at the Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port. 2301 SW 12th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315. The have shuttles available to the port (for a fee) and I believe they offer park and cruise. We use the Park and Go for our car. They are almost across the street from the Port and offer excellent shuttle service.

Anyone stayed in Plantation area? For our Dec cruise we found Harbor Shop area really pricey so we booked in Plantation. The area seems very similar to Harbor Shops and even has a wine store, along with Publix and many restaurants.

The previous time we stayed at Holiday Inn Express which is a 5 min walk from Harbor Shops towards the port, but even this time it was quite pricey.

We stay at the Hampton Inn in Plantation. We have stayed there twice and have reservations again for January, 2020. They offer a free shuttle from the airport and to the port in the morning. Nice breakfast buffet included. There is a mall nearby and other stores and restaurants within walking distance, including a wine store. It’s a nice property.

We stay at the Hampton Inn in Plantation. We have stayed there twice and have reservations again for January, 2020. They offer a free shuttle from the airport and to the port in the morning. Nice breakfast buffet included. There is a mall nearby and other stores and restaurants within walking distance, including a wine store. It’s a nice property.
Thank you for the feedback! We booked Courtyard Marriott , which looks right around the corner from Hampton Inn so same area. Good to hear you liked the area. Our hotel is a bit less but doesn't include breakfast.
You didn't fine it too far from port?

Thank you for the feedback! We booked Courtyard Marriott , which looks right around the corner from Hampton Inn so same area. Good to hear you liked the area. Our hotel is a bit less but doesn't include breakfast.
You didn't fine it too far from port?

Yes, the Courtyard by Marriott is right there. Our cruises leave on Sunday, so the drive to the port only takes about 15 minutes (maybe a little longer). It really isn’t too far. It’s fine.

Yes, the Courtyard by Marriott is right there. Our cruises leave on Sunday, so the drive to the port only takes about 15 minutes (maybe a little longer). It really isn’t too far. It’s fine.
15 minutes is not bad at all . Enjoy your cruise!

We stayed at the Fort Lauderdale Hilton Beach Resort. It was beautiful and right on the beach.

We usually stay at Hyatt Place on 17th Street . But last time we stayed at The W down by the beach. Loved IT!!! We arrived to Ft. Lauderdale that morning so we knew we wanted to get some beach time in since we arrived early. Loved walking along the coast and going to the different restaurants and bars and of course the beach. Normally we don't have time to do this but we did enjoy the extra few hours in FL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter