Florida 14 day quarantine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to sound like I’m doubting you which I don’t. However there is some mixed info out there and I would rather more then one perspective/experience to go off of.

What I question (and I don’t mean you), is the logic behind not having to quarantine if we are from these specific states just because we crossed a bridge and flew out of a different state. We are still as likely in that case to be carriers as not.
you're right. it doesn't make sense at all and I thought that the first day of work. I worked at MCO for 2 weeks doing this and we only screened flights coming from LaGuardia, JFK, Buffalo, Newark, Atlantic City, stratford and New Orleans (I may be forgetting flights)
it doesn't make sense that it's an "honor system" either

Last edited:
If you live in NJ you are breaking the law as of right now. They most likely won't be at your flight from Philly but you are suppose to fill out the forms and quarantine anyway. Only scenario is there are a ton of NY or Europe connections from your flight, but they generally are not meeting flight from PA. Not a very good citizen if you break the rules just for a vacation! If you visit theme parks I think it will be lifted before they open

What I question (and I don’t mean you), is the logic behind not having to quarantine if we are from these specific states just because we crossed a bridge and flew out of a different state. We are still as likely in that case to be carriers as not.

It wouldn’t be the first time a govt regulation was badly written. It should’ve gone by state of residence, not what flight you take. But that’s the way it is.

If you live in NJ you are breaking the law as of right now. They most likely won't be at your flight from Philly but you are suppose to fill out the forms and quarantine anyway. Only scenario is there are a ton of NY or Europe connections from your flight, but they generally are not meeting flight from PA. Not a very good citizen if you break the rules just for a vacation! If you visit theme parks I think it will be lifted before they open
Well when you make up stupid policies you set yourself up for violators.

“Not a very good citizen”
LMAO. I’m sure all of NJ is staying in their homes this Memorial Weekend...

Last edited:
“Not a very good citizen”
LMAO. I’m sure all of NJ is staying in their homes this Memorial Weekend...
As of today groups of 25 are allowed to congregate but are still expected to respect social distancing.

As for “breaking the law”....Our trip isn’t until late August so no law breaking here. Apologies for giving the impression that we were traveling immediately.

They are not laws. They are executive orders, which basically are strong recommendations. They are all unconstitutional.

Interestingly, this applies only to land border crossings into the USA from Canada. There is no restriction on tourism travel by air to the USA from Canada, but it’s not the same coming into Canada (i.e., Canada will not allow non citizens to travel here by air for any non-essential reasons).

So, basically, the border between US/Canada is closed to non-essential travel, but you can fly to WDW for a vacation, no problem. I'm from CT and am supposed to self-quarantine for 14 days in FL, however, that can be circumvented if I fly though, say, Atlanta. It seems like this wasn't thought through very thoroughly . . . ? :-)

They are not laws. They are executive orders, which basically are strong recommendations. They are all unconstitutional.

Oy vey, executive orders have the force of law. They are not merely "strong recommendations." You can be fined or even arrested for not following them. See Hawaii -- been a handful of stories about people being arrested and charged for breaking the executive order about the mandatory 14-day quarantine for incoming travelers.

Executive orders are not automatically "unconstitutional." Kind of absurd if that's what you're suggesting. They are well established powers backed by courts.

And it would up to a court to decide whether a specific executive order may be unconstitutional, not some random message board user. If no one has successfully challenged this order by now, it probably is perfectly legal.

That said, this is a very poorly worded order. It lacks clarity. And at this point, there's no reason for it to still be in force given the much improved situation in NJ/NY.

Given the shear numbers in NYC I’m guessing NY as a whole will be the very last state to be removed from restrictions.

For those asking about Brazil, it was just announced that an executive order banning incoming travel from Brazil goes into effect this coming Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!