Florida Residency

Ila Sikorski

Mouseketeer
Okay so, my husband, 1.5 year old daughter, and I are moving to Florida from MA end of November.
Our regular APs are up for renewal so we’re going to be purchasing Gold passes with the Florida monthly payment plan.
We’ve switched banking info over to the new address down in FL so our credit card statements (paperless) are with the FL address.
We are keeping our MA driver’s licenses until auto policy renewal.
I get a different answer from every CM on the phone.
Our new place is about 2 hours from Disney so we don’t want to drive there with our out of state IDs and our printed statements and be told “not sufficient.”
Has anyone recently been through this or can anyone advise to put me at ease?
I know it’s “just disney” but trying to get everything in line, thank you in advance!

Okay so, my husband, 1.5 year old daughter, and I are moving to Florida from MA end of November.
Our regular APs are up for renewal so we’re going to be purchasing Gold passes with the Florida monthly payment plan.
We’ve switched banking info over to the new address down in FL so our credit card statements (paperless) are with the FL address.
Our new place is about 2 hours from Disney so we don’t want to drive there with our out of state IDs and our printed statements and be told “not sufficient.”
I know it’s “just disney” but trying to get everything in line, thank you in advance!
Here’s the response to your earlier post today:
You can print out a bank statement, utility bill with your name and Florida address

Keep in mind you must apply for a Florida driver's license within 30 days of establishing residency in Florida to avoid fines and penalties. That said I used print outs of my water and electric bill for my silver pass before I got the Florida drivers license.

Keep in mind you must apply for a Florida driver's license within 30 days of establishing residency in Florida to avoid fines and penalties. That said I used print outs of my water and electric bill for my silver pass before I got the Florida drivers license.

did you need multiple or only one? thank you!

did you need multiple or only one? thank you!
here's the wording from disney:
What proof of residence will I need to provide in order to purchase a Florida Resident park ticket or annual pass?

You’ll need to provide proof of a Florida residential address in order to purchase a Florida Resident park ticket or annual pass. For each ticket or pass purchased for an adult, you may provide any of the following:
  • Valid Florida driver’s license (must have a Florida address)
  • Valid Florida state-issued ID card (must have a Florida address)
  • Valid Florida-based military ID
*For your convenience, Florida residents with any of the above listed identification can now verify their residency online, which means you can bypass Guest Relations and go straight to the parks! Simply fill out the “Your Florida Resident Information” form upon check-out when you purchase tickets through Disneyworld.com or complete the “Customize Your Tickets” step when you purchase through the My Disney Experience app.
If you do not have one of the IDs indicated above, then you must provide one of the following—dated within the past 2 months—evidencing a Florida residential address, along with a corresponding picture ID (passport, driver's license, state identification card):
Proof of Current Mortgage
You may use a monthly mortgage statement from within the past 2 months; it may not be more than 2 months old. Deeds, mortgage contracts, mortgage payment booklets and leases are not accepted.
Bills, Policies or Registration
  • Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill
  • Current automobile registration, insurance policy or bill
  • Current Utility bill (power / phone / cable / water)
  • Bills can be no more than 2 months old (P.O. Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency)
Mail
  • Mail from financial institutions, including checking, savings or investment account statements
  • Mail from federal, state, county or city government agencies
  • Mail can be no more than 2 months old (P.O. Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency)
Additional members of the same household must only provide proof of same residential address.
Current statements and bills printed from electronic versions are accepted, along with electronic bills provided via smart phones and tablet devices.
For more information, please call (407) WDW-PASS or (407) 939-7277—or use the Annual Passholder Help Form to email our dedicated Help Team with any questions you may have about your annual pass. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Just an FYI, if you don’t report your new address to the insurance company right away, you may have issue with your coverage as your “garaging” address is part of your underwriting and premium determination. I wouldn’t wait until after your policy is up unless it’s within a week or two of your move. If you have an accident, they may not honor your claim if they find you moved to a different state without telling them. You can have a MA drivers license with a FL address for a short time.

Source: work for an insurance company and have moved to another state while being covered.

/QUOTE]
Also, When we moved to another state four years ago although we kept the same auto insurance company we had to transfer to another agent in our new home state.

We did the same thing and purchased online. Our credit card billing had new FL address and they just linked our pass to our MDE, so no need to see anyone at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter